Help!!! A Levels Watch

PUFClad
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
currently in year 11 and now got to decide A level choices. i have done an open day in 6th form at my school, and have comfortably chose maths, ict, business studies, although i can't decide on a final one. i tried physics, but found it challenging, and i felt that the teeacher weren't up to standard, and i currently have her at gcse.

im considerin biology, physics and psychology, although i dont feel a need to do pschology. i want to join the raf to be a pilot, and i know physics will be helpful, but i know im going to struggle and i dont want to waste a choice that il only do until as.

any ideas?
letsdothetimewarpagain
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It seems you are pretty set against Physics and if you think you are going to struggle it may be best avoiding it, I know a lot of people have dropped out of it at my sixth form. Physics would fit in nicely with Maths but there's no point doing it for the sake of it. What about Biology, which you are already considering, or Chemistry? Psychology is an interesting subject, but you may want a stronger subject to go alongside the ones you already have.
n3ek
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If your considering doing a aviation course (Pilot course) it is highly recommended that u do physics. However, if you are running away from the subject i suggest you do Maths, Bio, Psychology, ICT which would go well together.. Bear in mind that you will be penalised for not doing physics, you should try to even do it for AS or get a good grade A/A* at GCSE?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (51)
26.56%
No (141)
73.44%

Watched Threads