Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys and gals,

Okay maybe a wierd question but im bored and would love to hear your feedback lol.

As the title asks....Is my life boring or rather,Do you think my life is boring?

Say what you think....dont care if its nasty lol id appreciate honest responces...maybe it will force me to make a move and change things if i hear some honest feedback.

Discription of my current life!

Im 21 male,West midlands Uk.
    I work nights...stacking shelves...im paid okay-ish at over £7 an hour which is better that most jobs in the same type...at least i have a job right?
    hmm i leave at 11pm...come home, 5am....sleep till around 4pm (yes alot of sleep) and still tired when i wake..i do this for 4 nights a week.

I have basicly no social life working nights,i cant drive,i have no girlfriend and i still live with the parents.
    I find myself getting angry very quick at the simplest of problems aswell...i get depressed easily also....suffred with anxiety for a round 3 years now
    so yeah that pretty sums up my life.

look farward to hearing feedback!!!

ReputationRep:
    I went back to education because my life was very similar.

ReputationRep:
    Very.

ReputationRep:
    Well even posting this you feel it is - I know people who do alot less than you do! But as you're obviously not content with it yourself otherwise you wouldn't be questioning it!
    Personally, I would want to have something motivating in my life - probably enter back into education and try something different. But then again I think I'd shoot myself if I had to live with my parents after this year :|

ReputationRep:
    Go out, have a blast We only live once M'dear
    You're 21 (Y) Live for today

ReputationRep:
    Do you seriously need to ask this question? How could the answer be anything other than 'yes'?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Thing is, you're obviously asking this question because you're having doubts about your current lifestyle. If so, do something about it! There's so much stuff out there, so many people, so many things to do, and starting to do a few things that you don't usually might make a difference. I too have suffered from anxiety in the past and I find that the one thing that really brings the anxiety on is the feeling of not having anything to do, not having any goals to work towards. Would you perhaps like to go back into part-time education? Perhaps volunteering, or picking up a few new hobbies? Playing sport? Doing these things makes it a lot easier to make new friends as well. You sleep so much because you haven't got much else filling up your life, but I'm sure once you start getting out there you'll feel a lot more active and better about yourself.

ReputationRep:
    You tell us OP. If you think it's boring, then it is. What only matters is what you feel, not other people.

ReputationRep:
    What I'd find sad is that there is no goal to be working towards. This is what upsets me about my brother's life; also 21, he doesn't go out, is stuck in a dead-end job and has no ambition to do anything! I think you should do something completely out of the ordinary like volunteering in Africa for a month or something then come back and maybe you'll have more drive to go back into education and perhaps go to uni and hopefully find new people and move out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1Missy_Jxxxx)
    Go out, have a blast We only live once M'dear
    You're 21 (Y) Live for today
    This is the most god awful, sickeningly happy first post. I suggest you implant a metallic spike up your anus and see the world for what it really is. Average.

ReputationRep:
    It's not an enviable life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    This is the most god awful, sickeningly happy first post. I suggest you implant a metallic spike up your anus and see the world for what it really is. Average.
    haha, I was thinking that.

ReputationRep:
    If you were happy then there would be nothing wrong with this lifestyle, but you're clearly unhappy so I would say yes your life is boring to you. You don't need a TSR post to tell you that.
    Maybe return to education to see if you can get qualifications and a more satisfying job that you enjoy. Alternatively, try and find a job with daytime hours so that you can have a social life and maybe try something you enjoy more than stacking shelves. If this isn't possible maybe start a new hobby where you can make friends/maybe find a girlfriend, or meet friends on the three nights a week that you don't work?

ReputationRep:
    # Things can only get better #

ReputationRep:
    You could probably have more fun in a coma.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is boring, but you can always change it.

ReputationRep:
    sounds pretty boring.

fyi you are tired because you are sleeping too long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reems23)
    see the world for what it really is. Average.
    That's quite a strange word to use to describe the world...

What are you comparing it to?

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt say boring but the anger/depression would be a put off

ReputationRep:
    life is very boring whilst at school

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.