Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

(At Girls) Signs that she isn't interested watch

I'm confused as to whether she is shy, or she doesn't actually want to talk!

Little help, any signs you show when you aren't interested

ReputationRep:
    Do you see her talking to loads of other guys easily? If so, then she's not shy

ReputationRep:
    If she's talkative with most other people and just seems shy with you, then it is likely that she just doesn't want to talk to you.........

She doesn't have many boy mates, but I've seen her talking to a few others fine, all i get is a hi/bye. She talks online fine.

Does she look at you with pity in her eyes? If she does, she's not interested.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    She doesn't have many boy mates, but I've seen her talking to a few others fine, all i get is a hi/bye. She talks online fine.
    I'm like this, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    How much are we talking online? Like long chats or otherwise?

Also try and start a proper convo with her, if she seems nervous help her relax

ReputationRep:
    it could mean she likes u but doesnt no how 2 act around u. Im like that with the guy i like, can have a laugh with all my boy mates as i dont care what they think but as soon as it comes 2 the guy i like i dont know what 2 say. Just try and start a conversation with her and see how it goes

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the girl.

If I'm not interested in someone, I find it easy to talk to them - if I think they might be looking for flirting signals, I smile a lot and speak in a brisk, non-flirty way. Whereas if I have the hots for someone, I find it difficult, if not impossible to get past the hi/ bye stage.

I think other girls are like this too, but the general rule is - unless you have been too forward or given her a reason to think you like her - to notice whether she behaves in a different way to you as she does to others. Be it louder or quieter. That means something.

Long chats which she normally starts, she doesn't look at me with pity though lol, because she doesn't even give eye contact

ReputationRep:
    I'm confused as to whether she is shy, or she doesn't actually want to talk!

Little help, any signs you show when you aren't interested
    Signs she isnt interested.

Ends conversations abruptly.

puts on that smile as if to say "im tolerating you, and that only"

And of course she freaks out when you bring your soldiers out of the barracks mid-conversation.

ReputationRep:
    i'm in a similar situation OP. she talks to other guys, but with me she seems more shy. i don't think its because she doesnt wanna talk, as twice she has initiated a convo with me.

ReputationRep:
    Long chats which she normally starts, she doesn't look at me with pity though lol, because she doesn't even give eye contact
    Ok, well if she starts them then chances are she does like you to a certain degree because if she didnt then she wouldnt start talking to you first let alone help the convo move along to any kind of length. Talk to her when you next see her for crying out loud.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.