Is it possible to apply through clearing to a university if I was initially rejected? Watch

bz1991
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Ive just found out that Queen Mary have rejected me for the G100 maths course. Initially I didnt plan on going Queen Mary but my heart got set on going there after a while and im truly disappointed that i got rejected. The obvious reason for my rejection is because my idiot math teacher predicted me a D, even though im partly to blame for not revising last year. Would it be possible to apply to them through clearing?
kosy91
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
it would be best if you check the clearing section on the UCAS website!
AndersonsBentFoot
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I would like to know this as well but i was told you can apply to the same uni but not same course. Dont quote me on that though as i am also unsure
bz1991
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
ok thanks
F1 fanatic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by bz1991)
ok thanks
In your situation I would have thought adjustment would be more appropriate, if you are looking to do better than something you put down as your firm choice. Queen Mary is quite a competitive university, so I'm not sure that it will even be in clearing. You could try to check what happened in previous years.

You'd be better off I think to pick a different firm/insurance and then see what happens come the summer. I don't believe there is a rule saying you can't apply to the same course through clearing, but obviously you leave yourself exposed if you don't have another firm/insurance and QM are not in clearing or do not accept you. You would be forcing yourself into a situation of needing to take a gap year to reapply or going to a "lesser" university than you would otherwise have considered.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?