The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
cgpas
which uni was this?

QMUL
Reply 101
T-Reks
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 A*....:eek: .......

:eek3: NO JANUARY EXAMS, YOU SAY? :eek: ****!..

haha! lol, yes most people react like that :biggrin:
And yes, its true.. NO january exams.. In fact, they don't even accomodate AS resits in January in A2.. so thats a REAL disadvantage..
Reply 102
vbjnkm
Reply 103
T-Reks
FFS lol.....but dnt retakes get put into UCAS or something!....you're soo clever lol..

Nah, all unis except cambridge only see your predicted grades, so it'll only count against you if you were to retake the entire AS or something..
Cambridge ask for UMS for each sitting of every exam..
But with january exams, its much easier to avoid having any resits at all :smile:
And thanks.. lol..
Reply 104
utfyvihnml
Reply 105
T-Reks
OK...so next year u at cambridge then?...how hard is maths, i hate it!...on course for an A, no A* :mad:

yes, if all goes to plan, I will be a cambridge fresher this october :biggrin:
And maths is honestly quite easy at AS, C1 literally adds a teeny bit onto GCSE and C2 brings some harder, but more interesting concepts..
The applied modules, either stats or mechanics, take a while to get to grips with.. but as always with maths, practise makes perfect.
A2 maths is honestly hard.. I've found it harder than chemistry, but different people have different opinions.. Also, my college did teach us 2/3 of the A2 syllabus between september to january.. which made it a tad harder.
Reply 106
pkojm
Reply 107
T-Reks
Im in for a rough ride!...especially as i dont enjoy it...i mean im only taking it so that i dnt limit my chances for oxbridge!...it was going to be pyschology!....if i only do AS, wot modules would i do...C1 C2, id then choose stats so S1 S2....is that it?

AS is just C1, C2 and then S1 if you're going to do stats.
Oxford are ok with just chem and bio at A2 whereas some cambridge colleges want 3 sciences.. Unless you're doing physics too, in which case, you can afford to drop maths..
If you drop it anyway, just don't apply to a college that asks for 3 sciences lol
Reply 108
vhblknm
Mushaboom

EDIT: Except you could argue that a brain surgeon DOES work on an inanimate object. My patients will, for the most part, be conscious and in need of reassurance etc

very good point.
Reply 110
T-Reks
Cool, only c1 c2 nd s1!...so which college hav u been acceptd into coz u ddnt tke physics.

Well maths is technically regarded as a science..
With bio, chem, maths and english lit, I got into Jesus college.
Reply 111
dcvbn
Reply 112
T-Reks
Kl, hows the seven kings interview?...

Its not bad, they try and seem harsh, but it doesn't really work..
It's just them getting to know you, and with an interview, the person is very likely to get an offer.
Just be relaxed.
Reply 113
cvhbjm
Reply 114
T-Reks
Ok, thnx!...whats the likelihood of getting an unconditional offer?....or if conditional whats the condition?..lol

Condition is sumthing like 5 A-Cs.. lol, so unconditional really :smile:
Reply 115
hpj'k
ballerinabetty
why do dentists have to go to uni for 5 years to learn about the mouth yet doctors learn about the whole body in the same time?

not having a dig at dentists its just somthing i have no understanding of :smile:

Because a Dentist also learns about the whole body. You do whole body dissections .etc. The course is nye identical for the first few years.

Latest