Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A confusing situation... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've met a girl at college and we've been texting quite a bit for a week or so. Yesterday, she text me inviting me out to see some live music and go for a drink. I went and we talked for a while and it went really quite well.

So I left thinking that I could use this as foundations for something more. Today she text me during college and I decided that I'd ask her if she wanted to go into town for a bit as we both had a free period. She said she would let me know because she 'might' have a doctor's appointment. It was clearly a bad excuse and although I didn't mind, I couldn't help but be slightly confused as to where we stand.

About 30 minutes later she text me again saying that she didnt have one, but by that time it was too late as my bus was due in half an hour and town is 15 minutes away. She said that we'd have to do it another time.

I'm so confused.. It was clearly a bad excuse made up on the spot, but she is willing (supposedly) to do it another time.

Can anyone perhaps read the situation and tell me what it all means because I don't know what to think of it. Whether it's a polite brushing off or.... not

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Its not nessiserily an excuse, give her the benefit of the doubt. She did say you could do it another time. Its not like it was a date or something planned particuarly in advance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    Its not nessiserily an excuse, give her the benefit of the doubt. She did say you could do it another time. Its not like it was a date or something planned particuarly in advance.
    That's true... I think I might be thinking too much into it. I always manage to convince myself of something and get all unhappy about it :P:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JemSevenV)
    That's true... I think I might be thinking too much into it. I always manage to convince myself of something and get all unhappy about it http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/P.gif
    I reckon you have confidence issues and on some level dont believe that she would want to spend time with you and enjoy your company. Am I way off mark?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    I reckon you have confidence issues and on some level dont believe that she would want to spend time with you and enjoy your company. Am I way off mark?
    Hit the nail on the head.

ReputationRep:
    mmm...well she invited you out so she must like you...girls always make lame excuses lol maybe she had something she didn't want u knowing she had to do. but don't be put off go for it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.