Turn on thread page Beta

Is this a good excuse? watch

Hi. Lately I have been suffering of a lack of motivation (Lazyness!) and have missed 2 weeks of college. Now, when I go back and speak to guidance I was going to say it was because of 'family circumstances' resulting in me moving house so it has been a hectic and rather low time for me.

Can you see any flaws in this excuse? Does it make room for any questions in return from my teacher?

p.s yeh I know "dont skip college" so on so forth...

Surely they could ask for your new home address and number just incase they need to get hold of your parents or anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roxannabelle)
    Surely they could ask for your new home address and number just incase they need to get hold of your parents or anything?

ReputationRep:
    they could check your address/telephone number and ask you to change it and put down your new one.

Just forge a doctors note and say you had tonsillitis or something.

ReputationRep:
    Tell them you had an existential crisis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by explosions hurt)
    Tell them you had an existential crisis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sbarrie2)
    does that mean a family member died? I was kinda hoping to avoid dead family members and being 'ill'
    No. It basically means you were a bit waa waa.

aww yeh.. so should i omit the moving house bit?
    does that mean a family member died? I was kinda hoping to avoid dead family members and being 'ill'
    Anon fail.

ReputationRep:
    Anon fail.
    Its not my fault I 'fail' - family cirumstances.

ReputationRep:
    Anon fail.
    Big time...

Either way - The very fact that you had to ask whether it was a good excuse means that it isn't a good excuse.

An excuse is only good when you can defend it from all angles.

Just tell them you're a lazy so-and-so and that you plan to get your ass in gear. It's better than looking like a lazy so-and-so AND a liar, don't you think?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.