Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I used to sell chocolates at skool until I had competition from 2 guys who were working together. (This happened last year). Now I want to start selling again becasue I miss it but my competition is still out there. They also sell choclates but they charge 5p extra and yet people still go to them for food. I keep telling them they are getting ripped off but no-one will listen. I even tried selling their exact product for 10p less and you know the story.... THEY STILL WENT TO THEM!

How to I get rid of my competition so I can get suffecient sales and profit. I tried lowering prices or maybe i should sell something else?

But what?

Please Help

ReputationRep:
    How about trying some lies and slander?

ReputationRep:
    Umm.... if people go to them, they probably don't like you.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    popularity dictates the playground market

ReputationRep:
    Why do you sell chocolate? Can't people go to a shop and buy chocolate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by near_comatose)
    Why do you sell chocolate? Can't people go to a shop and buy chocolate?
    People in my school get hungry far too easily and so they can't wait till skool to get chocolate

ReputationRep:
    Sir Alan Sugar in the making

ReputationRep:
    Haha this reminds me of some good old days. We had a couple of guys selling chocolates and stuff, things didn't end well for them, haha.

But, branch out? Like maybe start selling cans of pop or something?

ReputationRep:
    hire a hitman and kill them off.

ReputationRep:
    Start giving away a few free vouchers meaning they come to you for free ones, when your rivals give up because they are losing business sell at a lower price than your rivals were so they wont come back either.

ReputationRep:
    As someone else says, they must just not like you. Not a nice thing to do anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a franchise or a licence to resell commercial products on the property?

ReputationRep:
    Buy them out

ReputationRep:
    make them pay protection money

ReputationRep:
    If they're going to those others to get their chocolate even though you're cheaper they're either easier to find and get to, or they just don't like buying from you for a variety of reasons (most likely they don't like you).

ReputationRep:
    they like me but for some reason they think their goods are better then mine- IT'S THE SAME PRODUCT

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.