Turn on thread page Beta

Is he being a prick watch

I am a male.
    Basically we have coursework in for today. I sent some of my friends, who I know, a plan of what to say. It was brief or in depth basically.
    Anyway, I was completing my coursework today before I submit it. My friend wanted me to send me my coursework to him, so he can have a look. Basically I avoided and said, I am still doing it, I was still doing it. Now, he is pissed off with me. I don't know why?

Basically, he's gotten really behind and wanted to have a copy ready done so he could reword and make a few typos in it.

(Original post by Roxannabelle)
    Basically, he's gotten really behind and wanted to have a copy ready done so he could reword and make a few typos in it.
    Exactly. I sent him my introduction, he sent me his. For me, there is fair do's. I am not going to send him my work.

Or, if he's still being a ****, just type up a load of crap which is wrong and then send him that

He'll eventually learn that it's wrong and you set him up. So then you tell him thats what he gets for cheating on coursework.

Or, if he's still being a ****, just type up a load of crap which is wrong and then send him that

He'll eventually learn that it's wrong and you set him up. So then you tell him thats what he gets for cheating on coursework.
    I already submitted my coursework..I got two more courseworks to hand in. In one of them it is a group presentation, that'll be ok, for the other one, It is only about a 1000 words...so not worried, I am not gonna help anyone anyway in that.

ReputationRep:
    maybe he just needs help, he maybe falling behind and yeah its his fault, but maybe you cold be a mate perhaps as long as he doesn't copy it word by word whats the harm.

I have been in your situation before and its frustrating because you've done all the hard work and they get it for free, but its a friend and maybe when you need help he may help you.

ReputationRep:

when did he even say he was going to cheat, looking at other people coursework doesn't mean your going to cheat, sometimes it just reassurance that you've done everything, or need a example of how the coursework in meant to be set out.

(Original post by Numberone-outkast)
    when did he even say he was going to cheat, looking at other people coursework doesn't mean your going to cheat, sometimes it just reassurance that you've done everything, or need a example of how the coursework in meant to be set out.
    In that case, you ask them to have a look at your work... Not the other way round

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Exactly. I sent him my introduction, he sent me his. For me, there is fair do's. I am not going to send him my work.
    surely if he had copied it he wouldn't send it to you, as you would know straight away that its your work, about stupid tbh. I do think your overreacting/over suspicious of your mate.

I don't normally send my work to anyone. I don't mind if he wants to see it, I even offered him to come and see it on Friday, and he said he couldn't when really he can't be assed comming in on Friday. It is his fault. I am not going to send it him. I am usually over-suspicious. I don't know if he is going to copy word for word.

ReputationRep:
    In that case, you ask them to have a look at your work... Not the other way round
    dont know, but ive been in that situation where you dony know what to do and need some help, and as long as you don't take the biscuit and don't copy its fine, i have given my coursework only to friends and have trusted them not to copy and they trust me. if the OP thinks his mate is going to copy his coursework then just be straight about it and tell him, maybe he will get a straight answer back, much better than saying "am still doing it" tbh.

dont know, but ive been in that situation where you dony know what to do and need some help, and as long as you don't take the biscuit and don't copy its fine, i have given my coursework only to friends and have trusted them not to copy and they trust me. if the OP thinks his mate is going to copy his coursework then just be straight about it and tell him, maybe he will get a straight answer back, much better than saying "am still doing it" tbh.
    I was still doing it. He could have come over and looked. Why should I send it him? I only been in uni for about year or 2 years, I suppose. I would trust him, if I had known him for longer.

ReputationRep:
    I was still doing it. He could have come over and looked. Why should I send it him? I only been in uni for about year or 2 years, I suppose. I would trust him, if I had known him for longer.
    TBH i would be suspicious too, just to be straight with him and tell him, its the best way.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah he is being a prick about it. Just don't mention coursework to him.

TBH i would be suspicious too, just to be straight with him and tell him, its the best way.
    exactly, he does come across a decent guy, but again, I not known him to make a conclusion. In the previous year, my friends would never ask for my help or anything. I don't see why he is all hot and bothered.

ReputationRep:
    exactly, he does come across a decent guy, but again, I not known him to make a conclusion. In the previous year, my friends would never ask for my help or anything. I don't see why he is all hot and bothered.
    not sure, but i hate being in your position as you want to help a mate but its your work and your hard hours. but i would give him a chance and if he copy's it clearly then tell him off.

(Original post by puma21)
    Yeah he is being a prick about it. Just don't mention coursework to him.
    I did text him about it, and asked if he has submitted it..he replied back, ye, "thanks for your help"- sarcasm.

I did reply, yeh, welcome, I gave you my intro,you gave me yours thanks.

not sure, but i hate being in your position as you want to help a mate but its your work and your hard hours. but i would give him a chance and if he copy's it clearly then tell him off.
    I did give him the opportunity, he should not be in the mood.I never send anyone my work. Why should he be different?

ReputationRep:
    I remember giving a friend of mine my coursework. The next day he handed it in to be corrected. Turned out that he copied my entire coursework, word for work, then removed a couple of bits to make it look like his own work.

I ended up getting pulled out of class by my teacher, and was accused of cheating.

It goes without saying that I was a bit mad.

Don't give him your coursework, just send him some notes.

ReputationRep:
    Keep avoiding it, why should you? its your work not his

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.