Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mechazoid)
    AHAHAHA... white people don't know what racism is, i grew up with it every day since i was a young child from the tolerant white people.

If you think you have had racist abuse you don't know what it is....

Wait till you have bricks thrown at your house, being physically attacked, called names, insulted at work.... the list goes on.

You are not victims.
    Is that why you hate women so much? You've been so bullied for your demographic that you in turn decide to bully someone else about their demographic?

ReputationRep:
    No, never...

ReputationRep:
    To be offensive i.e. racist, you have to be in a higher position in a hierarchy.

If being white was seen as bad, calling somebody on white skin would be racist. It's not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by O-Ren)
    Is that why you hate women so much? You've been so bullied for your demographic that you in turn decide to bully someone else about their demographic?
    Why those at the top stay at the top. Those below choose to kick those further beneath them, instead of kicking those doing the oppressing.

The women racists in this thread are probably doing the same thing, and that's maybe why you get so much anger towards women in rap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom1390)
    To be offensive i.e. racist, you have to be in a higher position in a hierarchy.

If being white was seen as bad, calling somebody on white skin would be racist. It's not.
    thank you, you summed up what i was thinking of saying in 1 sentence.... there IS a difference between a white person being racist to a non white person and the other way around...because white people are 'above them' in society......its true, white/er skin is 'superior' in most societies around the world, so if someone mentions the fact that you have white skin it is NOT an insult or a bad thing! just look at the caste system in india.....

if a non white person calls a white person a cracker (wow, really offensive word...:rolleyes: ) and they take it as 'racial assult' then they need to grow a pair!! thats like playground insults! the difference between derogative words for non-white people is that have history attached to them....like the n word or whatever, cracker dont mean anything... i dont remember anything bad happening to white people in the past by other races...thats why its not the same and its not as offensive..

if a white person is called a cracker or a milk man or something equally meaningless or childish then all they have to do is think of how lucky they are to be at the top of society and then im sure they will feel better in an instant...non white people dont have that luxury..

and by the way im mixed race so im neutral on the subject, i havent actually had any racial assults on me ever (probably due to where i live) but i see it from both sides, i just think its laughable how white people think that being called a cracker is the same as being called the n or p word...

ReputationRep:
    During my 2nd year at uni my (skinny white male) flat mate literally got set upon by a gang of black kids of various ages on his way back from work, and the abuse he suffered immediately prior to the attack was most definitely racist in nature. The Police advised him not to bother trying to press charges, as the families and friends of these lads would merely end up accusing him of racially attacking them, so that he would end up more likely to be prosecuted for assault...

I must admit that the guy did have one of those faces and a demeanour that shouts 'hit me now', but that still does not excuse actually doing so, and certainly not doing setting on him as he happened to be stupid enough to walk in a slightly dodgy area alone in the dark. I used to live in the area, and I'd make sure never to walk anywhere after dark on my own, except to quickly meet someone in the local pub...

And conversely, I have also walked down the high street of the town where I basically grew up with my now wife, passed a group of men and only realised that one of them had said 'Paki' after we'd walked well past them. My wife is of mixed Asian descent (Sri Lankan and Indian), and if I had noticed would of course have lamped the drunk individual in question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jordan200888)
    thank you, you summed up what i was thinking of saying in 1 sentence.... there IS a difference between a white person being racist to a non white .......
    Exactly. I'm white but resent the people who try to be offended by the undersogs using terms against the oppressers. Most offensive terms come from hatefully spitting at a group at the bottom - animal terms to insult someone (ape, dog, mutt), racial terms, and female terms (****, *****, slut). Terms slandering privileged people in the hierarchy are naturally joke- like in nature (ya *******, son of a *****, cracker).

For something to be racist it has to be offensive - it doesn't mean highlighting skin colour, even in a hateful tone, there has to be a background of superiority/ inferiority. We can't use playground rules to decide whether something is offensive. But people do use playground rules to make hate from the oppressers as legitimate as hate from the oppressed, where the underdogs hardly speak out; so it's win- win for the legitmised bullies.

ReputationRep:
    its happens just the liberal media don't want to report on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom1390)
    Exactly. I'm white but resent the people who try to be offended by the undersogs using terms against the oppressers. Most offensive terms come from hatefully spitting at a group at the bottom - animal terms to insult someone (ape, dog, mutt), racial terms, and female terms (****, *****, slut). Terms slandering privileged people in the hierarchy are naturally joke- like in nature (ya *******, son of a *****, cracker).

For something to be racist it has to be offensive - it doesn't mean highlighting skin colour, even in a hateful tone, there has to be a background of superiority/ inferiority. We can't use playground rules to decide whether something is offensive. But people do use playground rules to make hate from the oppressers as legitimate as hate from the oppressed, where the underdogs hardly speak out; so it's win- win for the legitmised bullies.
    Spot on, white people who pretend to be racially offended are lame and trying to prove a point. Its the verbal abuse thats the upsetting part if a white person is racially assaulted, not the racial connotations. Its like calling somebody a spotty cow, or a clear skinned cow, clearly one is more offensive than the other given the societal connotations attatched to clear and spotty skin. Not saying its not horrible to have something shouted at you on the street because it is, but its probably not going to make you feel bad about your race if you're white.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ogloom)
    ding ding.

Everyone who has said "yes" in this thread is stupid. Being called 'Honkey' 'White C*nt' etc. isn't a proper "racial assault".

so the n word is ok then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ma2k5)
    I am sorry but this thread is obviously missing some BNP linkage .
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mechazoid)
    No I am not in any asian gang.... i grew up in an all white area, with no asian people around. I most certainly will not allow my kids to grow up in the same sort of area, i will move to a multi cultural area....

White people can be savages.
    Racist

ReputationRep:
    in my back end of beyond town where someone from wales is considered a minority i get stick for being ginger ^o) wouldnt call it racial assault of course, but its still unpleasant, and ridiculous, when these people enter the real world they're gonna get a shock... idiots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    I've been called "potato picker" 'cos I'm Irish, but as far as being white goes, not personally, but my friend was called "blood clot" in brixton once:p:
    Ha try Irish pikey scum. The potato ones are just used too often, they bore me now.
    (Original post by ella178)
    in my back end of beyond town where someone from wales is considered a minority i get stick for being ginger ^o) wouldnt call it racial assault of course, but its still unpleasant, and ridiculous, when these people enter the real world they're gonna get a shock... idiots
    I rarely ever get it from randoms funnily enough, London is probably a bit different, I only get ginger jokes from mates and it makes me laugh tbh.

ReputationRep:
    ive been in two unprovoked attacks in my life, both were by black people, but i dont believe either were racially motivated the people in question were chavs and thats just the area i live in.

no one should judge a race for the actions of a few

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Ha try Irish pikey scum. The potato ones are just used too often, they bore me now.
    It's funny cos the ones that say that **** are actually English pikey scum, generally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    It's funny cos the ones that say that **** are actually English pikey scum, generally.
    Ha the first person to say it to me was actually a rich black girl. To be fair I had said something nasty, but there was no need to bring race/nationality into it. Generally I don't get it much considering I'm second generation and so have an English accent etc so only people who have known me or see me cheering at an Ireland game on the tv in a pub or something ever get the chance, but it still pisses me off when it happens.

ReputationRep:
    Well there are loads of words of abuse for 'white (pale-skinned people?) around the world:

g*ra/g*ri (*=o) - used in the Subcontinent

sp*nky (*=u)

p*sty (*=a)

gh*sty (*=o) - used in the Subcontinent

cr*cker (*=a) - used in the United States

h*nky (*=o) - used in the United States

gr*ngo (*=i) - used in Latin America

gu*ri (*=i) - used in Spain/Portugal

f*rangset (*=a) - used in Thailand

fr*ngoi (*=a) - used in Greece

Casper

gw*ilo (*=e) - used in China

ga*jin (*=i) - used in Japan

Al-Ifr*nj (*=a) - used in the Arab World.

Obviously I would never call a white person one of theses words but I suppose the context depends on how offensive they would find it.

ReputationRep:
    Assaulted, no. I had a guy in my art class who went too far with the Jewish jokes, but he didn't really mean it in a hateful way, he was just trying to be annoying.

My flatmate's boyfriend claims to have been targeted by black guys in Paris because he's white, but in reality I'm sure they would have gone for anyone who looked like a tourist.

ReputationRep:
    Oh grow up. Where in Britain is it deemed that you are superior if you are white skinned? Way to advocate racism.

There is racism both ways.

FML. Some people.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.