Turn on thread page Beta

Caucasians - Ever Been Racially Assaulted? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    [SIZE="6"]poor you bennyboi..[/SIZE]:woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bennyboi)
    I'm half scottish but also half Iraqi.. somehow I turn out 100% black. Do I count as a different race altogether?

whaaaaaaaat?:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Actually, I've been on both ends of this.
    From pretty sustained xenophobic ignorance to being mistaken for another ethnicity whilst walking with a scarf over my head. Both cases ended in rather violent actions from the perpetrators and sadly were both a reaction to a single thing, in one case my accent and in the other the scarf.
    Conclusion= mindless ignorant idiots in all walks of life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    Not really; that was the excuse because society of the time demanded an excuse. It's like an alcoholic who says they drank half a bottle of whiskey because they needed space in the cupboard. Stop whining about the past and get on with your life. If you feel so persecuted racially here then go back to Africa or wherever; if you stay then just accept that you will always be a foreigner in a foreign land.
    I was born here you prick. It's not my fault I was born here and I should be able to grow up and live without fear of being harassed or bullied for whatever reason. That's anyone's entitlement.
    How bloody dare you! My home has always been here and so has my mother's. People like you just should start judging and criticizing the perpetrators of racism instead of demonising those that suffer as a result of it.

I don't mind being considered exotic or ethnic but you seem to be saying that I deserve and should put up with being treated with absolute contempt. I am allowed to be upset with it and allowed to voice my opinion. As much as I want. Free speech and all.

You belittle me and the situation, yet again. I commented on something that isnt just in the past as you say, but ongoing.

And for the record, I am multiracial. I am part white(scottish), part greek, part chinese, part jamaican and part Nigerian. I do not have ONE country to go back to, so stop oversimplifying the issue and retorting with ridiculous suggestions.

You reek of disgusting BNP mentality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    Just wondering if any caucasians on here have ever been attacked/insulted for the colour of their skin. It's happened to me, but you obviously don't hear about that racism because institutions/the media prefer to ignore it. Anyone else?
    In primary school someone called me a milky bar because I'm white, which made me cry a little. Also, in secondary school I was often referred to as a "stupid white girl" or "white *****" I didn't know what they were saying because they were saying it in Punjabi, so I asked my friend and she told me what it meant..
    Oh and in my English class once we had to do a presentation on adoption and my Chinese friend said "I believe that if white people adopt a child of another skin colour or race they need to be more sensitive because they don't understand racism" - not racist but still annoyed me.

Its not funny or clever, and when you try to tell someone they just laugh and when you complain to your friends they're like "oh that's not racist".

ReputationRep:
    I can't say I've ever been assaulted. The city that I live in is predominately Caucasian (the remainder of the population being Hispanic, Indian, and Chinese in that order) and has roughly the same rate of violent crime as Antarctica.

ReputationRep:
    No, but I once knew an Asian kid who was massively racist toward white people and would constantly insinuate as such.

ReputationRep:
    This thread is now about turtles, because I like turtles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Yeah thanks. The only thing is that things like that are more common than you think and thats in the centre of "cosmopolitan" London.

On the other hand, I get racist abuse from African blokes from time to time because I am going out with a white guy (once we were in West end London, they physically grabbed me and ridiculed me, being really sexually explicit in their insults of me having sex with my boyfriend because of our differences in colour)

I really wish those people would stop making me feel bad about my colour as I study, I work and make an effort to integrate. Every time the BNPers/far right people use blanket descriptions to say how bad ethnic minorities are, people like me, who arent sponging, who speak perfect english, adopt the British culture feel rubbish. I feel sometimes that we cant ever win/be accepted and we might as well do all the bad things they expect us to do.
    :console:

I've had the other end (well sort of) when I was dating a black girl and I was racially attacked by black guys quite a lot older than me because of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Media student)
    If thats your picture in the profile, than how an earth do you look asian?:confused:
    Yeah thats me :P

I have asian (almond?) shaped eyes with the eyelids etc even though they are green and very high prominent cheekbones. I would show you a face on photo but I'm too lazy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gm15)
    so by your logic somebody receiving more serious abuse stops less serious abuse as counting as abuse at all?
    In that case you being attacked 20 times and your house being bricked pales in significance compared to being gassed to death for being jewish...so by your logic the abuse you suffered isn't abuse at all?
    epic stuff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rummang)
    This thread is now about turtles, because I like turtles.

That's a pokemon. :nothing:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Selkarn)
    :console:

I've had the other end (well sort of) when I was dating a black girl and I was racially attacked by black guys quite a lot older than me because of it.

Thanks for the head rub. lol.

It's absolutely terrible, that people, whatever race they are, abuse people for being in interracial relationships when really they are a testament that different colours can get along, fall in love and look beyond the skin colour. I don't want to live in 1950s segregation thankyou. And I will continue to date asian, white, hispanic or chinese despite backlash from some idiots from the black community.

I hope they didnt stop you from dating her or anyone else interracially in the future.

ReputationRep:
    I was born here you prick. It's not my fault I was born here and I should be able to grow up and live without fear of being harassed or bullied for whatever reason. That's anyone's entitlement.
    How bloody dare you! My home has always been here and so has my mother's. People like you just should start judging and criticizing the perpetrators of racism instead of demonising those that suffer as a result of it.

I don't mind being considered exotic or ethnic but you seem to be saying that I deserve and should put up with being treated with absolute contempt. I am allowed to be upset with it and allowed to voice my opinion. As much as I want. Free speech and all.

You belittle me and the situation, yet again. I commented on something that isnt just in the past as you say, but ongoing.

And for the record, I am multiracial. I am part white(scottish), part greek, part chinese, part jamaican and part Nigerian. I do not have ONE country to go back to, so stop oversimplifying the issue and retorting with ridiculous suggestions.

You reek of disgusting BNP mentality.
    I was born in Hong Kong; doesn't make me Chinese. Whenever I go to China I am a foreigner and treated as such, I don't whine about it. I don't get all butt-hurt about it, if I did I wouldn't go there any more. The fact is that you look African; go to any African country and you wouldn't be treated as anything other, all I'm saying is if you are abused so much here (or perceive yourself to be, rather) then don't ***** about it because no one is asking you to stay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    I was born in Hong Kong; doesn't make me Chinese. Whenever I go to China I am a foreigner and treated as such, I don't whine about it. I don't get all butt-hurt about it, if I did I wouldn't go there any more. The fact is that you look African; go to any African country and you wouldn't be treated as anything other, all I'm saying is if you are abused so much here (or perceive yourself to be, rather) then don't ***** about it because no one is asking you to stay.
    being treated as a foreigner shouldnt be synonymous with being rude and racist i.e moving seat in a tube and being sworn at. That is all I ask for.

Are you justifying that behaviour then? Are you saying that thats ok?

I dont think you know much about Africa. Those living in Africa can usually tell who resembles someone from their country and I don't look like I belong anywhere (not my words btw), but I just look "Black"

Anyway, who are you to tell me, the way I look determines my identity. My culture, my family heritage and myself determines the way I see myself and I'm not going to let YOU define me and take me at face value.

A mixed black and white person can be 50:50 and be darker than me in the skin, but perhaps expressed with straight hair or blue eyes (Brian bello from BB, I believe is mixed race very dark but with bright blue eyes). Its is not as common as mocha coloured skin but it still happens. I am above 50% which makes me majority black, which is why I describe myself as multiracial rather than mixed race.I dont like to be lumped in to whatever your accordance is thankyou.

Because you dont get or understand mixed race diversity, you should stop trying to label me.

A white person could look spanish. Doesnt mean they are. And doesnt mean they would fit in once they had been living their life in another country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    Ha the first person to say it to me was actually a rich black girl. To be fair I had said something nasty, but there was no need to bring race/nationality into it. Generally I don't get it much considering I'm second generation and so have an English accent etc so only people who have known me or see me cheering at an Ireland game on the tv in a pub or something ever get the chance, but it still pisses me off when it happens.
    Damn! First I was wrong about "blood clot", then I was totally wrong about the English Pikey thing, this is just not my day :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    being treated as a foreigner shouldnt be synonymous with being rude and racist i.e moving seat in a tube and being sworn at. That is all I ask for.

Are you justifying that behaviour then? Are you saying that thats ok?

I dont think you know much about Africa. Those living in Africa can usually tell who resembles someone from their country and I don't look like I belong anywhere (not my words btw), but I just look "Black"

Anyway, who are you to tell me, the way I look determines my identity. My culture, my family heritage and myself determines the way I see myself and I'm not going to let YOU define me and take me at face value.

A mixed black and white person can be 50:50 and be darker than me in the skin, but perhaps expressed with straight hair or blue eyes (Brian bello from BB, I believe is mixed race very dark but with bright blue eyes). Its is not as common as mocha coloured skin but it still happens. I am above 50% which makes me majority black, which is why I describe myself as multiracial rather than mixed race.I dont like to be lumped in to whatever your accordance is thankyou.

Because you dont get or understand mixed race diversity, you should stop trying to label me.

A white person could look spanish. Doesnt mean they are. And doesnt mean they would fit in once they had been living their life in another country.
    No, but I'm saying that behaviour is to be expected when you deviate from the dominant demographic. If you want to avoid that behaviour then go somewhere where you do not deviate from the norm or deviate to a lesser degree. Oherwise don't whine because you are making a choice to stay somewhere where you are the minority, and as such have no reason to complain.

Self-perception does not have even the slightest bit of influence on other peoples perception of you; the point you're making is moot. The fact is you have very dark skin, frizzy hair, big nose and lips, dark brown eyes, plump skin, and an African body shape. I can't see the remotest vestige of Chinese, Scottish, or Greek about you. As such you will be viewed as black; clearly those are the dominant genes in your make-up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frannnnn)
    i got called 'milk face' on saturday by somebody who looked strikingly similar to this... thing

does it count?
    Cleopatra has lost her way. :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ada1023)
    *reads comment, then thinks about daily mail, then pukes*

*reads signature, pukes some more*
    *Recommends doctor*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ada1023)
    *reads comment, then thinks about daily mail, then pukes*

*reads signature, pukes some more*
    I agree Hamasa dressing children up as suicide bombers is sicking

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.