Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blátönn)
    No, but I'm saying that behaviour is to be expected when you deviate from the dominant demographic. If you want to avoid that behaviour then go somewhere where you do not deviate from the norm or deviate to a lesser degree. Oherwise don't whine because you are making a choice to stay somewhere where you are the minority, and as such have no reason to complain.

Self-perception does not have even the slightest bit of influence on other peoples perception of you; the point you're making is moot. The fact is you have very dark skin, frizzy hair, big nose and lips, dark brown eyes, plump skin, and an African body shape. I can't see the remotest vestige of Chinese, Scottish, or Greek about you. As such you will be viewed as black; clearly those are the dominant genes in your make-up.
    You now admit then that ethnic minorities do have it harder with regards to acceptance and treatment, then. At least I've made some headway.

It's still wrong to expect to be treated badly because of my skin tone. I dont care if I'm in the minority or not. I dont do it to other people, I don't provoke anyone, so they should respect me and leave me alone.

Where do you draw the line. Should ethnic minorities expect to be beaten up or murdered for the colour of their skin?

Just because it happens, doesnt make it right.
    Thank god for anti-discrimination laws. Everything is far from perfect but I'd hate to see what would happen to us without them.

(And with regards to body shape, you cant see my body thanks and the word is "afro hair" not frizzy hair)

ReputationRep:
    I was born in Hong Kong; doesn't make me Chinese. Whenever I go to China I am a foreigner and treated as such, I don't whine about it. I don't get all butt-hurt about it, if I did I wouldn't go there any more. The fact is that you look African; go to any African country and you wouldn't be treated as anything other, all I'm saying is if you are abused so much here (or perceive yourself to be, rather) then don't ***** about it because no one is asking you to stay.
    So, what, are you saying **** off? She should leave her home, family and friends because someone is abusing her? She should stand up to it, why shouldn't she be allowed to complain about abuse in her home country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    So, what, are you saying **** off? She should leave her home, family and friends because someone is abusing her? She should stand up to it, why shouldn't she be allowed to complain about abuse in her home country?
    :five:
    Sheesh. Thanks man, I was starting to think I was going mad for thinking , why should I move away from everyone I love? It's not my fault.

ReputationRep:
    No, but I'm saying that behaviour is to be expected when you deviate from the dominant demographic. If you want to avoid that behaviour then go somewhere where you do not deviate from the norm or deviate to a lesser degree. Oherwise don't whine because you are making a choice to stay somewhere where you are the minority, and as such have no reason to complain.

Self-perception does not have even the slightest bit of influence on other peoples perception of you; the point you're making is moot. The fact is you have very dark skin, frizzy hair, big nose and lips, dark brown eyes, plump skin, and an African body shape. I can't see the remotest vestige of Chinese, Scottish, or Greek about you. As such you will be viewed as black; clearly those are the dominant genes in your make-up.
    You are blaming the victim here. Racial discrimination is inexcusable regardless of its context; a black person in Britain isn't at fall because "she is asking for it" simply by living there. It made be hard to exorcise racist behavior from society, but on the other hand, it seems inhumane to just allow people to suffer (or ship them back to Africa, as it seems you would prefer) just because helping them is difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    :five:
    Sheesh. Thanks man, I was starting to think I was going mad for thinking , why should I move away from everyone I love? It's not my fault.
    Its cool. Even if I was a racist, the logic is awful. By that reasoning I should get together with all other ginger people on some island because I get mocked for it, or because someone is poor they shouldn't try to go to an prestigious university because its dominated by rich people. Clearly the extent of abuse isn't quite the same, but the ridiculous arguments are.

ReputationRep:
    You now admit then that ethnic minorities do have it harder with regards to acceptance and treatment, then. At least I've made some headway.
    I never disacknowledged this. Had you asked me to 'admit' this I woud have readily.

It's still wrong to expect to be treated badly because of my skin tone. I dont care if I'm in the minority or not. I dont do it to other people, I don't provoke anyone, so they should respect me and leave me alone.

Where do you draw the line. Should ethnic minorities expect to be beaten up or murdered for the colour of their skin?

Just because it happens, doesnt make it right.
    Thank god for anti-discrimination laws. Everything is far from perfect but I'd hate to see what would happen to us without them.
    Again, I didn't say it was right, but I do think it is to be expected. If I went to Zimbabwe I wouldn't be shocked to recieve racial discrimination. I wouldn't kick up a fuss I'd simply go where I would not be racial abused; in my case Europe, or put up with it.

(And with regards to body shape, you cant see my body thanks and the word is "afro hair" not frizzy hair)
    I can see your body in your photo; you have chunky thighs, large buttocks, and more adipose tissue. This is very typically African, where that would be the aesthetic ideal. Afro hair is frizzy. So 'frizzy' is an entirely correct adjective in describing Afro hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a.posteriori)
    You are blaming the victim here. Racial discrimination is inexcusable regardless of its context; a black person in Britain isn't at fall because "she is asking for it" simply by living there. It made be hard to exorcise racist behavior from society, but on the other hand, it seems inhumane to just allow people to suffer (or ship them back to Africa, as it seems you would prefer) just because helping them is difficult.
    I'm not blaming the victim, I'm simply saying that she has the ability to avoid discrimination; as she chooses not to use this ability she should just shut up about it. It's like wandering around the Sahara desert then complaining that you're hot; if you don't want to get hot don't wander the Sahara desert, otherwise shut up and get on with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rebecca871)
    Yeah thats me :P

I have asian (almond?) shaped eyes with the eyelids etc even though they are green and very high prominent cheekbones. I would show you a face on photo but I'm too lazy.
    Oh you meant East Asian? you probably do, but I cant tell from that angle

ReputationRep:
    the thing is, its much worse for a white person to be racist because of the liberal way society is. Black people like to use the excuse of slavery, when in fact more whites from europe were taken by Arabs as slaves during the same period. But then they use the excuse of oppression and colonisation. Well what about the Romans, Normans, Vikings, Anglo Saxons and whoever else took over Britain. No one has suffered as much as the jews have, and they don't hold hate against anyone.

p.s before you call me racist, I'm black.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mechazoid)
    AHAHAHA... white people don't know what racism is, i grew up with it every day since i was a young child from the tolerant white people.

If you think you have had racist abuse you don't know what it is....

Wait till you have bricks thrown at your house, being physically attacked, called names, insulted at work.... the list goes on.

You are not victims.
    Totally agree. Whte people have had it easy over the years when you come to think of it.

It's always Asians and Blacks getting murdered in racist attacks. There have been countless cases of White on non white crime reported, but no many non white on white.

The racism on ethnic minorities in this country is a disgrace and it's getting worse.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ajtiesto)
    Totally agree. Whte people have had it easy over the years when you come to think of it.

It's always Asians and Blacks getting murdered in racist attacks. There have been countless cases of White on non white crime reported, but no many non white on white.

The racism on ethnic minorities in this country is a disgrace and it's getting worse.
    It's more like positive discrimination has become much worse. That's why more people vote for BNP, because of characters like Harriet Harman who insist on trying to create equal rights when in fact its making it worse for white people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You-Rock-My-World)
    It's more like positive discrimination has become much worse. That's why more people vote for BNP, because of characters like Harriet Harman who insist on trying to create equal rights when in fact its making it worse for white people.
    People are voting BNP, because they're sick and tired of seeing blacks and asians on "their" streets. Bunch of racist *****!

Discrimination against whites? Thats a ******* joke!!!!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not blaming the victim, I'm simply saying that she has the ability to avoid discrimination; as she chooses not to use this ability she should just shut up about it. It's like wandering around the Sahara desert then complaining that you're hot; if you don't want to get hot don't wander the Sahara desert, otherwise shut up and get on with it.
    You're acting like she's a tourist in her own country or something. Nobody deserves abuse for something they have no control over. She didn't choose to be British, why should she leave her own country or accept discrimination, just because the majority of other British people have a different skin colour? By that line of thinking, would you send me off to Israel if someone said something anti-semitic? Would you send my dad back to England if he complained about someone in Scotland making nasty comments about his accent? Would you tell a child who was bullied for being intelligent to just "dumb down or man up and accept it"?

ReputationRep:
    People are voting BNP, because they're sick and tired of seeing blacks and asians on "their" streets. Bunch of racist *****!

Discrimination against whites? Thats a ******* joke!!!!
    You obviously haven't seen or heard of it, probably because of the liberal media. I go to a multi-cultural school and live in a multi-cultural place, and it does happen.

No people aren't voting because they're racist. They're voting because of this libertarian society we live in where only white people can be racist. Your comments prove it.

ReputationRep:
    You obviously haven't seen or heard of it, probably because of the liberal media. I go to a multi-cultural school and live in a multi-cultural place, and it does happen.

No people aren't voting because they're racist. They're voting because of this libertarian society we live in where only white people can be racist. You're comments prove it.
    So what the **** you going to do? Join the BNP and hope they kick all them Asians and Blacks out of "your" country.

Recent march by the EDL.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B4EM1qYwvd...Birmingham.jpg

This is just one example of many shocking images.

Racism against ethnic minorities is growing in this country, thanks to the EDL and the BNP. :rolleyes:

BTW, didn't British soliders sacrifice themselves during WW2 to fight the nazis. Now in the 21st century 2010, you've got white British racists marching on the streets doing the nazi salute, disrespecting these dead soldiers who risked their lives to fight for Britain. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    So what the **** you going to do? Join the BNP and hope they kick all them Asians and Blacks out of "your" country.

Recent march by the EDL.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_B4EM1qYwvd...Birmingham.jpg

This is just one example of many shocking images.

Racism against ethnic minorities is growing in this country, thanks to the EDL and the BNP. :rolleyes:

BTW, didn't British soliders sacrifice themselves during WW2 to fight the nazis. Now in the 21st century 2010, you've got white British racists marching on the streets doing the nazi salute, disrespecting these dead soldiers who risked their lives to fight for Britain. :rolleyes:
    Like I said before I am black. .

Recent march by the UAF. I will quote what another user has posted:
    (Original post by Hart92)
    OK Yes so this person wasnt physically attacked no instead they surrounded him chanting "milky bar kid" until he fell unconscious to the floor. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBr0H13jPx0
    Just one of many shocking images.

Racism against whites is growing in this country, thanks to the UAF and minorities :rolleyes:

BTW, didn't British soliders sacrifice themselves during WW2 to fight RACISM. Now in the 21st century 2010, you've got Islamic extremists marching against White British people, trying to march in places like Wooten Basset disrespecting these dead soldiers who risked their lives to fight for Britain. :rolleyes:

whites aren't the only people who can be racist.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said before I am black. .

Recent march by the UAF. I will quote what another user has posted:

Just one of many shocking images.

Racism against whites is growing in this country, thanks to the UAF and minorities :rolleyes:

BTW, didn't British soliders sacrifice themselves during WW2 to fight RACISM. Now in the 21st century 2010, you've got Islamic extremists marching against White British people, trying to march in places like Wooten Basset disrespecting these dead soldiers who risked their lives to fight for Britain. :rolleyes:

whites aren't the only people who can be racist.
    Damn Right :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I never disacknowledged this. Had you asked me to 'admit' this I woud have readily.
    I was arguing with you for ages that ethnic minorities were seen as 2nd class citizens throughout history as a legacy of slavery and resistance of the movement of ethnic minorities in the 50s and 60s (Asians and caribbeans)

I wouldn't kick up a fuss I'd simply go where I would not be racial abused; in my case Europe, or put up with it.
    Are you saying that if the majority of your long-term partner, family and friends lived with you in a country that you were not the majority ethnicity and you were being racially abused (both physically and verbally) you would up and leave by yourself to somewhere dangerous and completely foreign to the culture you were brought up with? I dont speak any African languages either. Just because I look black, to avoid being bullied I should leave, whilst my mum who is pale should stay. Way to go. Realistic solution and superb reasoning to split families up. You tool!

I do not see myself as African by culture and would have severe problems integrating. As said above, I am not a tourist, I was born here, so I shouldnt have to tolerate people grabbing me/attempting to spit at me etc.

I bet you didnt even experience any racism in Hong Kong. I hear (from my mum) white people are very respected there and other parts of east asia.

There can be a lot of tension between African communities and West Indian communities (there seems to be a lot of disrespect for West Indians from Africans because they think they have lost touch with their roots during slavery) Me being a mix of the two, will probably leave me in a similar position as I am now.

You dont need this to be explained to you, it's an absolute farce of a suggestion you made.

One set of my grandparents were asked to move here in the 50s to rebuild the roads after the war from Jamaica. You cant just use people and treat them like **** afterwards for your own benefit. Like it or not, Britain needs ethnic minorities for various skill gaps you have, so maybe it's the racist Brits that should put up or move out.

I can see your body in your photo; you have chunky thighs, large buttocks, and more adipose tissue(You are a fat arse basically). This is very typically African, where that would be the aesthetic ideal. Afro hair is frizzy. So 'frizzy' is an entirely correct adjective in describing Afro hair.
    First of all (haha!)You have no idea what the African ideal is. I'm a size 12 and 5ft 11 so you're blind if you're saying I'm fat. In some tribes they like their women to be very very obese. I am a skinny in that respect, but I am in no way fat, even by UK culture.
    I repeat. Stop using derogatory words to describe my body you loser. Your attempts at veiling your racism are laughable. Big ass? U cant see my ass bending over behind my boyfriend and my leg is heavily shadowed. More adipose tissue, give me a break. More adipose tissue than who exactly....think carefully. I would love to put another (clearer) picture up but to be honest, I dont see why I should have to prove myself to you.
    And it's Afro hair AFRO HAIR! Kinky and tightly coiled it may be but never frizzy. Have you got no manners?

Anyway. Going a bit off topic, but here is amerie who is 50:50 east asian and black. She has dark skin. I am only very slightly less asian than she is, but she has been airbrushed like a *****. It is very possible to be very dark and still mixed. Her hair is not natural btw.
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/__ZuVKEqTQ7...merie-blog.jpg

ReputationRep:

No people aren't voting because they're racist. They're voting because of this libertarian society we live in where only white people can be racist. Your comments prove it.
    Where are you from then?

I really dont believe you are an ethnic minority.

ReputationRep:
    That decision is not meaningful. Western countries have stable governments and economies, with substantial civil liberties afforded to its citizens. African and Asian countries typically lack at least one of these criteria; many lack all three. The "choice" is between racial oppression and racism or starvation and death squads. There is only a single rational choice; therefore, the individual actually lacks any choice in reality.

As I'm sitting through an econ lecture right now: In game theory terms, the strategy of living in a third-world nation is strictly dominated by that of living in a Western nation. Therefore, the first strategy is subject to deletion.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.