Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    not sure if this is in the right forum or not, so sorry if it isnt!

i bought a top from next last week, worn it today for the first time and noticed that on the sleeve a hole is appearing. at first i thought i might have caught it on something but i've noticed that around the area the stitching seems different to the rest of the top.
    Will I be able to take this back if I have worn it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by b1505)
    not sure if this is in the right forum or not, so sorry if it isnt!

i bought a top from next last week, worn it today for the first time and noticed that on the sleeve a hole is appearing. at first i thought i might have caught it on something but i've noticed that around the area the stitching seems different to the rest of the top.
    Will I be able to take this back if I have worn it?
    Yes providing it's in good nick, just give it a quick wash and they will be none the wiser. Just say you were about to try it on and you noticed the manufacturer fault. To be honest, you try things on before you buy them anyay so :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Yes providing it's in good nick, just give it a quick wash and they will be none the wiser. Just say you were about to try it on and you noticed the manufacturer fault. To be honest, you try things on before you buy them anyay so :dontknow:
    Thanks, I'll give it a try

ReputationRep:
    I don't think there is even any need to lie about it - just go into Next and tell them how it is, you've worn the top once, noticed there is a hole in it due to faulty stitching and that you're not too pleased with the quality therefore.

I'm relatively sure they'd replace the top as a goodwill gesture on those grounds.

ReputationRep:
    Is it a hole in the seam or the fabric?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatalieMT)
    I don't think there is even any need to lie about it - just go into Next and tell them how it is, you've worn the top once, noticed there is a hole in it due to faulty stitching and that you're not too pleased with the quality therefore.

I'm relatively sure they'd replace the top as a goodwill gesture on those grounds.
    This and don't wash it lol :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    you'll be fine to return it, just explain to the about it having the hole, maybe exchange the item?

ReputationRep:
    I work in a clothing shop.
    We have returns which have been worn once, washed and then someones noticed a hole or what not. Majority of the time the manager will say it's fine the only times it's not if it sounds a bit dodgy or the item is in obvious been worn a few times condition.
    I'm sure it would be fine but don't make anything up or you might get a bit confused and sound like you're trying to hide something like you did it yourself or what not.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.