Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a speech in English soon and i was wondering if you think that this is good as an opening.

Good morning. Today I would like to talk to you about a type of website which has taken the internet world by storm in the last five years, the social networking site. Just ten years ago, the idea of a social networking site was revolutionary as whilst the internet has always provided people with ways to make connections with their friends, social networking sites have made it much easier to find existing friends and make new ones too.
    Whether it is Facebook, MySpace, Bebo or Twitter, it is difficult to find somebody who has not at least heard of one of these websites. 55 percent of all teenagers in the United Kingdom have an account on at least one of hundreds of these websites and 50 percent of those are logging on daily. So when these figures are considered, it is hard not to believe that this new internet culture is influencing the way in which we live our lives today.
    As with most things in this modern, technological age, there are pros and cons to social networking online. This is the subject of a debate which appears to remain unresolved for now, with many people arguing for the sites and many arguing against them. However as teenagers, you should be aware of these factors, rather than overlooking them, as we often do. I do not want to persuade you to stop using your Facebook account, or stop Twittering about what you had for breakfast; I simply want to alert you to both sides of this debate, so that you are aware of what you should and should not be doing as a member of an online social networking community.

Any positive or negative feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

ReputationRep:
    you've not really said what the objective is or the question you're meant to be debating/answering but it looks alright. considering its a speech i'd have said the 3rd sentence (starting just ten years ago) is a bit wordy, you've to make sure you keep your audience's attention. other than that its better than anything i ever managed in english much prefer my sciences

Edit: fixing bracket code thing

ReputationRep:
    lol i got a speech tmoro and its my bday and atm i cant bovered to prepare for it.
    yh ur opening is sweet work on the way u project and make sure u control ur nerves

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.