How long do firms take to respond, on average, post TC interview? Watch

Albiceleste
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Any experiences? Especially magic/silver circle firms. Waiting on two; last tuesday, and last wednesday. This is without doing a vacation scheme at either firm, I should add.

Thanks.
Cesare Borgia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Cool story bro
User237126
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
huh?
Albiceleste
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bobo1234)
huh?
Just wondering how long it takes for HR to get back with a decision, post training contract interview, in general.
jcb914
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Albiceleste)
Just wondering how long it takes for HR to get back with a decision, post training contract interview, in general.
There is no universal answer. Let us know which firms you are talking about and we may be able to share our experiences.
User237126
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Oh ok. Well I can't really help there, just thought this might be some interesting legal thread involving ll.
Albiceleste
Rep:
?
(Original post by jcb914)
There is no universal answer. Let us know which firms you are talking about and we may be able to share our experiences.
Hmm, S and M? Linklaters?
jcb914
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hmm, S and M? Linklaters?
From mine and many of my friends' experiences:

S&M: May take 7-10 days (i.e. don't panic if you haven't heard).

Links: If they don't call within 48 hours it's usually a no.
Albiceleste
Rep:
?
From mine and many of my friends' experiences:

S&M: May take 7-10 days (i.e. don't panic if you haven't heard).

Links: If they don't call within 48 hours it's usually a no.
Looks like at least one is a no, then. Oh well, what can you do. But do they not need to contact referees, etc, if they are planning on giving you an offer?
jcb914
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Looks like at least one is a no, then. Oh well, what can you do. But do they not need to contact referees, etc, if they are planning on giving you an offer?
Links don't contact referees until you've accepted their offer. The offer is made subject to a decent set of references. I believe a fair few firms do it this way.

Good luck anyway.
Albiceleste
Rep:
?
Links don't contact referees until you've accepted their offer. The offer is made subject to a decent set of references. I believe a fair few firms do it this way.

Good luck anyway.
Ha, that's fair enough i guess. But yeah, have been waiting at least two full working days, so I guess thats a no. Thanks though.

EDIT: Is this the same for both vacation schemes and TC interviews, in your experience?
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I wouldn't be too concerned. It can take firms awhile to respond. This will particularly be the case if you have applied a long time before relevant deadlines, which you appear to have done
Albiceleste
Rep:
?
(Original post by jacketpotato)
I wouldn't be too concerned. It can take firms awhile to respond. This will particularly be the case if you have applied a long time before relevant deadlines, which you appear to have done
Thanks. But I heard from sources other than JCB that Linklaters usually reply by phone within 48 hours (obviously excluding weekends) after the date of interview. So, finishing on thursday evening, that would mean that at least 48 have elapsed, plus the additional six or so we've had today. Plus I think I flunked individual parts of the day; the Watson-Glaser test, etc, plus missing the most obvious examples on the case study. PM me if you want any details...
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Can't comment on Linklaters as I didn't apply there. I wouldn't worry too much though. There are all sorts of false rumours floating around about different firms. Best of luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (54)
29.03%
No - I got the required grades (109)
58.6%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
12.37%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise