Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Off to a fancy dress party and a group of us are going as Wizard of Oz characters, and I'm the lion...

Any idea on how to do an effective lion outfit cheaply, and without having to wear an all in one cat suit thing..? :confused:

I was thinking face paint and orange t shirt and tights maybe?

Merci in advance xx

ReputationRep:
    You could make a tail out of a pair of tights - stuff one leg then use the other to tie them around your waist. And you could make a tuft for the end by fringing some paper and colouring it orange, then taping it on. Actually, you could make a whole tail out of card or paper, and either loop & stick the paper around a belt, or use a few stitches to attach it directly to the back of your top or trousers.

If your hair is somewhere around chin or shoulder length, then you could backcomb it into a mane. If you have a big paint brush, you could get some of the face paint on as well, and give it lion-colours It would be hell to remove, mind you You could also make cat ears out of card and use kirby grips to fix them in your hair - I've done this before using card from cereal boxes and I think it works quite well.

It might look good if you paint your nails claw-coloured and facepaint your hands, but that won't look so good as soon as you wash them.

I wouldn't worry about tracking down orange trousers or anything that extreme. Sandy-coloured or light brown clothes would also go quite well, and failing that, just wear black jeans. No-one should mind if you're not completely lion-coloured

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your help... decided we'll head to primark and search for yellowy tights and plenty of face paint

Thanks xx

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 2, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.