Fancy Dress Help...Wizard of Oz :) Watch

Hannah...
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey,

Off to a fancy dress party and a group of us are going as Wizard of Oz characters, and I'm the lion...

Any idea on how to do an effective lion outfit cheaply, and without having to wear an all in one cat suit thing..? :confused:

I was thinking face paint and orange t shirt and tights maybe?

Merci in advance xx
ImperceptibleNinja
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
You could make a tail out of a pair of tights - stuff one leg then use the other to tie them around your waist. And you could make a tuft for the end by fringing some paper and colouring it orange, then taping it on. Actually, you could make a whole tail out of card or paper, and either loop & stick the paper around a belt, or use a few stitches to attach it directly to the back of your top or trousers.

If your hair is somewhere around chin or shoulder length, then you could backcomb it into a mane. If you have a big paint brush, you could get some of the face paint on as well, and give it lion-colours It would be hell to remove, mind you You could also make cat ears out of card and use kirby grips to fix them in your hair - I've done this before using card from cereal boxes and I think it works quite well.

It might look good if you paint your nails claw-coloured and facepaint your hands, but that won't look so good as soon as you wash them.

I wouldn't worry about tracking down orange trousers or anything that extreme. Sandy-coloured or light brown clothes would also go quite well, and failing that, just wear black jeans. No-one should mind if you're not completely lion-coloured
Hannah...
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Thanks for your help... decided we'll head to primark and search for yellowy tights and plenty of face paint

Thanks xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1067)
79.04%
Leave (283)
20.96%

Watched Threads