Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    long story short: girl checks me out every day at college. she isnt in any of my classes. she doesnt know any of my friends, and i dont know any of hers. we walk past each other every day. most of the time she is with her friends, but when the perfect opportunity comes, i cant get myself round to talking to her because i dont know what to say. i think she thinks im not interested in her.

if u were in the girls situation, how would u like to get approached?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've seen you around a couple of times, thought I'd say Hi

Then take it from there, simple always works, otherwise you make yourself look like a prick with chat-up lines.

ReputationRep:
    just give her a nice smile and say hey, i always see you and never say hi, its pretty silly

keep the conversation going but also listen to her and seem interested- ask questions about her and her life so she knows you're interested in her and not just her looks or something. if you have any classes together, maybe start a convo about them or something thats happened in them. common interests are always a good place to start. maybe check her facebook and brush up on a few of her interests good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrostation22)
    just give her a nice smile and say hey, i always see you and never say hi, its pretty silly

keep the conversation going but also listen to her and seem interested- ask questions about her and her life so she knows you're interested in her and not just her looks or something. if you have any classes together, maybe start a convo about them or something thats happened in them. common interests are always a good place to start. maybe check her facebook and brush up on a few of her interests good luck!
    hmm thanks

ReputationRep:
    'trip over' and 'accidentally' place your hands on her breasts as you go to break your fall.....if she doesn't slap you then she has chosen you...and you are bonded for life

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)
    'trip over' and 'accidentally' place your hands on her breasts as you go to break your fall.....if she doesn't slap you then she has chosen you...and you are bonded for life
    she is breastless

ReputationRep:
    lawl.. im fine with titless girls

ReputationRep:
    The girl sounds like me. Just talk to her, I don't have the guts to talk to my random crush :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    The girl sounds like me. Just talk to her, I don't have the guts to talk to my random crush :o:
    haha the main problem is that i dont know how to "just talk" with somebody i don't know. it'll feel awkward :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anon505)
    haha the main problem is that i dont know how to "just talk" with somebody i don't know. it'll feel awkward :P
    Is she in any clubs or anything?
    Do you do any of the same subjects?

Look for common ground

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anglerfish)
    Man up.
    man up? who said it was a confidence issue? i've never approached a girl in school/college randomly before, so im looking for some advice. whats the harm?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    Is she in any clubs or anything?
    Do you do any of the same subjects?

Look for common ground
    nope and nope

no common ground unfortunately. which is why its a bit hard for me

ReputationRep:
    man up? who said it was a confidence issue? i've never approached a girl in school/college randomly before, so im looking for some advice. whats the harm?
    That doesn't just mean confidence, it means stop worrying about the best way to do it and just do it. Throw yourself into the deep end, improvise. If it's going to go well, it won't matter what pretext you use to initiate contact.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barden)

You forgot to tell him to bond his ponytail with hers.

ReputationRep:
    nope and nope

no common ground unfortunately. which is why its a bit hard for me
    I think she feels the same way you do when you see her. In fact it probably feels exciting to her, and she possibly even looks forward to the times when she thinks she may see you. If she has kept smiling back at you each time, and not like avoiding your eyes, then she likes you.

And if i was her i would be wanting you to do something quirky, maybe something really silly, something which only she could understand, for example, she knows you walk that way each time she sees you, and if you could pluck up the courage to ask her for directions, she might find that really cute, but if you dont want this to go on forever, and would like to make contact, and if i was her i would want you to pass me a note, just saying `hi, we cant go on meeting like this.. how do you fancy meeting for a coffee instead?` finish it with a smiley face, and most girls would love that approach if they like you which i think she seems to from what youve said

good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boho Patch)
    I think she feels the same way you do when you see her. In fact it probably feels exciting to her, and she possibly even looks forward to the times when she thinks she may see you. If she has kept smiling back at you each time, and not like avoiding your eyes, then she likes you.

And if i was her i would be wanting you to do something quirky, maybe something really silly, something which only she could understand, for example, she knows you walk that way each time she sees you, and if you could pluck up the courage to ask her for directions, she might find that really cute, but if you dont want this to go on forever, and would like to make contact, and if i was her i would want you to pass me a note, just saying `hi, we cant go on meeting like this.. how do you fancy meeting for a coffee instead?` finish it with a smiley face, and most girls would love that approach if they like you which i think she seems to from what youve said

good luck
    dunno where u live, but here in london anybody in college who drinks "coffee" is a posh ****, and its not cool.

ReputationRep:
    x_link_x & metrostation22 suggest really good ways of what to initially say.

Afterwards introduce yourself (I'm ....)
    Then you could ask her..
    "So, was [name of college] your first choice?"
    What her college enrichment is, if she has one
    Things you may want to talk/ask about:
    • hobbies
      music
      Q: Are you looking forwards to valentines day?
      Q: Have you seen any good films reccently that you would recommend? Or are there any you really want to see?
      food- seriously who does not like food, unconventionality+originality is key, despite the fact I have mostly provided you with conventional suggestions (I wasn't sure how bold you are)
      weirdest dream(s)- a great opportunity to really grab her attention
      Q: If you could experience anything for a day anything, what would it be? - you get an idea of her personality

*the list would have continued however....ponder_mockumentry* has a college to go to & hope this helps*

tip: I frequently (& spontaineously) just walk up to people (girls+boys) and commence a conversation about anything (& I mean anything :yes: ). You should try it as you find it awkward, although continueous practise could put you at more ease. Moreover you don't need to be attracted to these strangers you speak to, in theory you're expanding your social skills. Additionally when the time does arrive and you spot a ridiculously good-looking female, your social skills will pave the way :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 4, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.