Turn on thread page Beta

Looking for exercise routine to do in the morning or night.. watch

ReputationRep:
    Nothing too build huge muscles just to keep fit, like 30 minutes every day or something.

ReputationRep:
    Running?

ReputationRep:
    an easy way of keeping fit is to just walk everywhere

ReputationRep:
    i cycle everywhere at the moment but doesn't seem enough atm.

ReputationRep:
    Whats your diet like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -MaNi-)
    Whats your diet like?
    I try to stick to 1500 but since cycling every day i feel the need to eat abit more to 2000 and sometimes 2500(like today :rolleyes: ).

Day normally consists of Cereal, Sandwich and a sweet thing, then dinner is chicken and rice or something similar and desert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imhiya)
    I try to stick to 1500 but since cycling every day i feel the need to eat abit more to 2000 and sometimes 2500(like today :rolleyes: ).

Day normally consists of Cereal, Sandwich and a sweet thing, then dinner is chicken and rice or something similar and desert.
    Whats your height/weight? 2500 definately seems too high if you're aiming to lose weight. From your openin, it seems you're relatively fit, so not alot of fat on you?

Your diet could do with some working.. would try a healthier alternative to cereal. Oats/porridge/muesli/wheetabix etc

sweet thing?? Like a chocolate? eitherways, doesnt sound healthy
    desert?? doesn't sound healthy either. Its all good in moderation, but if you're having it every day, then thats a problem and could be why you're exercise isnt going so well

oh and, try some HIIT. 20 mins max, will work wonders.

ReputationRep:
    Whats your height/weight? 2500 definitely seems too high if you're aiming to lose weight. From your openin, it seems you're relatively fit, so not alot of fat on you?

Your diet could do with some working.. would try a healthier alternative to cereal. Oats/porridge/muesli/wheetabix etc

sweet thing?? Like a chocolate? eitherways, doesnt sound healthy
    desert?? doesn't sound healthy either. Its all good in moderation, but if you're having it every day, then thats a problem and could be why you're exercise isnt going so well

oh and, try some HIIT. 20 mins max, will work wonders.

I need to weigh myself, over the summer i went from 218lbs to 170lbs so im around that(170lbs maybe less, ill check when i can borrow flatmates scales) id imagine but i need to check. So i do have some extra fat that i would like to get rid of, my height is 5' 10".

I love porridge and do have it sometimes, i keep away from wheetabix even though i love it i just have the urge to add sugar so i get cereal with abit of sugar added so i don't need to add any.

Sweet thing is sometimes fruit but can also be chocolate, like today i had 3 bananas which is alot :P..

Desert is normally a muller light yoghurt. I know i need to cut down back to what i used to do but i feel with more fuller days i get actually hungry not just cravings.

What's HIIT? I'll google it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imhiya)
    I need to weigh myself, over the summer i went from 218lbs to 170lbs so im around that(170lbs) id imagine but i need to check. So i do have some extra fat that i would like to get rid of, my height is 5' 10".

I love porridge and do have it sometimes, i keep away from wheetabix even though i love it i just have the urge to add sugar so i get cereal with abit of sugar added so i don't need to add any.

Sweet thing is sometimes fruit but can also be chocolate, like today i have 3 bananas..

Desert is normally a muller light yoghurt. I know i need to cut down back to what i used to do but i feel with more fuller days i get actually hungry not just cravings.

What's HIIT? I'll google it.
    Yeah try to have porridge as a replacement for cereal if you can. Try to stay away from chocolate. Fruit is good, but it does have alot of sugar in it. Just dont over do it on the fruit side, vegetables would be a better option (though im not saying cancel fruit out). Have some veggies too

yeah google it. Try to do it every 2 days, not every day. So normal exercise one day, then HIIT another. repeat etc
    There should be a sticky somewhere around here on HIIT so take a look on that too

ReputationRep:
    Yeah try to have porridge as a replacement for cereal if you can. Try to stay away from chocolate. Fruit is good, but it does have alot of sugar in it. Just dont over do it on the fruit side, vegetables would be a better option (though im not saying cancel fruit out). Have some veggies too

yeah google it. Try to do it every 2 days, not every day. So normal exercise one day, then HIIT another. repeat etc
    There should be a sticky somewhere around here on HIIT so take a look on that too
    It is interesting and something which would work only thing is i was thinking of something to do in my room, e.g. floor work. but i will read more.

ReputationRep:
    If you exercise in the morning without having a breakfast (ie porridge) there will be a chance of not having sufficient glycogen stores available for use. Not only will this mean that the time taken till fatigue will probably be alot quicker (espec. with HIIT) you may also use muscle stores (I'm assuming that you don't have much adipose fat due to daily cycling). Obviously this will be counterproductive to building muscle.
    You could always buy a set of free weights to use in your room for general strength training.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigeon)
    If you exercise in the morning without having a breakfast (ie porridge) there will be a chance of not having sufficient glycogen stores available for use. Not only will this mean that the time taken till fatigue will probably be alot quicker (espec. with HIIT) you may also use muscle stores (I'm assuming that you don't have much adipose fat due to daily cycling). Obviously this will be counterproductive to building muscle.
    You could always buy a set of free weights to use in your room for general strength training.
    So are you saying night is a better option? Also i have some dumbells but i think i have got to the point where they are too light, there 7.5Kg each.

My main aim is too get rid of my beer belly :P i try sit ups but i get the worst feeling of dizziness from them (not sure why) I may start trying crunches (if i can learn how to do them properly ).

ReputationRep:
    You're limitd if you only want to work out in your room.

Crunches will just strengthen the muscles, not burn the fat.

HIIT is your friend - a gut busting session done in < 30 minutes - good way to start the day.

I don't think many athletes get to where they are by just working out in their room.

ReputationRep:
    I personally wouldn't recommend doing any cardio first thing in the morning without a decent breakfast, and from personal experience evening is much better, but obviously everyone is different. Try different times yourself and see what you prefer.

If your primary aim is to lose weight then as suggested above HIIT, is your best bet. This is probably easiest to do at the gym on a treadmill/ cross trainer, where you have control over speed/ timings etc.
    But if you're not a member then sprinting outside in short bursts, then jogging slowly would also work. If you live in a hilly area try running uphill, then jog slowly down, and do it all over again!

Weights can be used for general strength training, but won't help much with weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pigeon)
    I personally wouldn't recommend doing any cardio first thing in the morning without a decent breakfast, and from personal experience evening is much better, but obviously everyone is different. Try different times yourself and see what you prefer.

If your primary aim is to lose weight then as suggested above HIIT, is your best bet. This is probably easiest to do at the gym on a treadmill/ cross trainer, where you have control over speed/ timings etc.
    But if you're not a member then sprinting outside in short bursts, then jogging slowly would also work. If you live in a hilly area try running uphill, then jog slowly down, and do it all over again!

Weights can be used for general strength training, but won't help much with weight loss.
    Basically i would "maybe" goto a gym but they are expensive and ive never being to one so i don't really want to go on my own the first time.

ReputationRep:
    I can completely relate to this! Maybe go along with a friend who is already a member, and only join for a month to start with, and see how you find it. It's is probably one of those things that once you've been, you'll wonder why you were reluctant in the first place!

But you can still get fit without going to the gym. I've would consider myself to be reasonably fit (resting heart rate of 58-60bpm) and have never been a member of the gym (though I do have access to a treadmill). I run, swim, cycle and do strength/weight training regularly, and except for the swimming all of that is free.

I CANNOT recommend running enough...I love it. Running outside is much harder because of the uneven terrain and weather conditions, but much more enjoyable in comparison to treadmill running.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.