Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for foundation art and design at Ravensbourne and have my interview coming up, just wondered what kind of questions they ask and what happens in the interview? Also how long do you have to wait until you find out whether you have got in or not??

ReputationRep:
    They'll be looking for artistic flare, and you'll know when you know.
    We can't tell you, as we don't know how many people are applying, how many places there are, and when everyone is having their interviews.

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks, really want to go there so quite a lot of pressure for the interview! Are you at ravensbourne then?

ReputationRep:
    Probably better to ask this in creative arts

when I had my foundation interview I had the letter the next day. However I'm assuming they're expanding foundation like other courses there. And with it moving to the o2 I assume it's going to be more popular in the up and coming years

at the time we stood up in front of the group and talked through our portfolio. From what we gathered the most interested they are in your work the more in depth the questions are

ReputationRep:
    thank you for your help! i didn t realise they did group interviews, i am really hoping that i get an individual interview. How many people were in each group and when did you have your interview?

ReputationRep:
    I applied quite late and had my interview in May last year, and at the time it was just myself and another applicant. We got shown around the campus by the head of foundation while another of the foundation tutors looked through our portfolios which we left in a room, then when we came back both tutors spoke to us individually. It was really informal, seriously.. I didn't even sit down and it was just like having a chat. They asked questions such as what designers were an influence in my work, what I wanted to learn from the course and what Icould bring to it... that's about it! I got my reply around a week later and promptly accepted :]
    The move to the O2 looks so exciting and it's sad times that in a few months the building is going to get knocked down, but unfortunately the BA graphics course doesn't fulfil what I'm after in my degree course so I'm going to have to go somewhere else.. I love love love my foundation course though, so good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Oh yes I forgot the tour!

I think the group was about 10 people? I imagine they still do them in groups due to the number of applicants. Talking about your work in front of people is something you have to get used to unfortunatly, especially on foundation. At the end of the day the interview groups are quite a variety of people.

Do they still go on the Paris trip? Best trip ever!

ReputationRep:
    It was meant to be either Lisbon or Krakow this year, but it ended up just being the Poland trip instead.. I was gonna go, but it was the week before my birthday and I didn't want to go somewhere -colder- than London xD

ReputationRep:
    oh wow it does sound pretty casual. Yes i am hoping foundation will build up my confidence anyway as i feel that is what i lack in a lot of the time. When i went to ravensbourne everyone was saying how much they enjoyed it there, it sounds like a such a good place to do a foundation especially as its moving to greenwich!

ReputationRep:
    Hi I had my interview 2 weeks ago. It was a group of 10 people but were were all interviewed indiviudally. They take you on a really pointless tour (seeing as they're moving next year and all!) but you have no option on that. Whilst you're doing the tour they look through you protfolio. They then discuss it with you when you get back (1 member of staff and 1 student ambassador). It's all really informal. They won't get back to you for 2-3 weeks unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, yeah i heard you have to go for a tour,it does seem completely pointless! Have you found out if you got in? Its a pain how you have to wait that long!! would want to find out straight away! Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've also got my interview coming up, what questions did they ask you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh hi Gracie! Fancy seeing u here! How are u doing old chap?

ReputationRep:
    hi, i know what a coincidence! Its been a while hasn t it...5 hours since i last seen you! We have so much catching up to do! X x

ReputationRep:
    They said 2 weeks but more like 3 I'm afraid. It's already been over 2 weeks since I had my interview, but apparently my letter is in the post now- I emailed them to ask whether they would reply via post or email.

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview a week ago tommorow and they basicaly gave me an offer there, hopefully the letter is arriving in a few days to confirm. They just asked me to explain a piece of work and then asked a few general questions about the course etc. Don't worry, aslong as you have a strong portfolio that's all they're really interested in.

ReputationRep:
    The tour is far from pointless. There are still questions that can be asked by you in that time and I think it's nicer of them to do that than tell you to **** off for a couple of hours like ual does.

Ravensbourne has a fantastic sense of community which other unis just don't have. I really do miss it there!

My interview was horrific and I burst into tears when I got in the car. But I got my acceptance letter the next day. The guy (who I later had as a tutor for one week and disliked then!) just pushed and pushed with the people he liked (we assumed) but thankfully I think he's left! But just as proof that a bad interview doesn't mean the worst!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza)
    My interview was horrific and I burst into tears when I got in the car. But I got my acceptance letter the next day. The guy (who I later had as a tutor for one week and disliked then!) just pushed and pushed with the people he liked (we assumed) but thankfully I think he's left! But just as proof that a bad interview doesn't mean the worst!
    Aww. Which guy was this? Assuming he was a foundation tutor he might still be there...

ReputationRep:
    Tim in spatial...?

But I was there 06/07. Back in the days where you got to throw paint at Walls in fine art with chris!

Are rebecca and chantelle still the fashion tutors?? I might pop in next time I'm back home to harrass my friends in 3rd year fashion! So easy to break into that building!!!

ReputationRep:
    Ah, then I'm not sure I know who you're on about, lol.. there's no fine art pathway, only graphics/LBM/3DD/fashion. Was there a fine art one before?

And better make breaking in quick! No more building at the end of May :'(

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 5, 2010

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.