Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Ravensbourne Foundation interview watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeriikaa)
    Ah, then I'm not sure I know who you're on about, lol.. there's no fine art pathway, only graphics/LBM/3DD/fashion. Was there a fine art one before?

And better make breaking in quick! No more building at the end of May :'(
    ah the good old days....

We used to have fashion, 3d, vis com 1, vis com 2, lens based media, spacial and fine art! We also had a print room and a kiln! They wanted to become more design based so got rid of fine art. But rotations involves a roll of paper on the wall you threw paint on!

I mainly miss the canteen. Westminster is pricey!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza)
    ah the good old days....

We used to have fashion, 3d, vis com 1, vis com 2, lens based media, spacial and fine art! We also had a print room and a kiln! They wanted to become more design based so got rid of fine art. But rotations involves a roll of paper on the wall you threw paint on!

I mainly miss the canteen. Westminster is pricey!!!
    Yeah, so I've heard! No more print room =(
    Even though they became more design-based I don't know why they had to get rid of that otherwise I would've stayed for definite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza)
    The tour is far from pointless. There are still questions that can be asked by you in that time and I think it's nicer of them to do that than tell you to **** off for a couple of hours like ual does.
    Well I already went to an Open Day, I thought the point of an open day was to ask questions etc? I just don't see the point of seeing a building that is being knocked down in a few months, for a second time. It was exactly the same as the open day tour. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Lots of people think of questions after the open day. And often some people won't have been on one yet! And hearing opinions from another person is no bad thing. You also get the chance to talk to other people who'll be in your interview and get more comfortable around them before you have to stand up in front of them

they're not allowed to just leave you in the canteen because you're visitors (it's a university not a school) and if you don't know chislehurst it's pretty easy to get lost.

You guys need to realise they need a chance to look at your work without you being there. It happens at interviews for BAs too!

Either way you're being incnvenienced by an hour you could use to your advantage. Many of my friends final year of their BAs are being cut back by weeks because of this move. Ravensbourne is a friendly place that cares about their students and spends time with you. they've been doing this for years so they know what works! The Greenwich building has only just had the windows put in so they couldn't exactly show you that. I don't see how any college can win on here because if a place ignores you on interview day people complain but if they're attentive people complain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eeriikaa)
    Yeah, so I've heard! No more print room =(
    Even though they became more design-based I don't know why they had to get rid of that otherwise I would've stayed for definite!

Ah the college has been a design and communications college for a long time. Fine art was only in foundation and I don't know if they'd have had a fine art degree in a long time!

Did you still have the lesson on how to switch a computer on at the beginning of the year? It was pretty classic! Also is the lecture woman still there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazza)
    You also get the chance to talk to other people who'll be in your interview and get more comfortable around them before you have to stand up in front of them
    Fair enough guess I just get bored easily or something. Or am not appreciative. Who knows! You had to stand up in front of other people? I only had to show my work to 1 teacher and 1 student ambassador, not the whole other room of candidates.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 5, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.