The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Summer241
Slight understatement! :biggrin:

I had a letter from my uni asking for a letter from my course tutor confirming my total credits. I assumed they'd want to see my certificate... sounds like the uni knows they're crap too!

I'll have to find out. Should be somewhere in the deep and dark depths of the interwebs or the deluded mind of my study skills teacher.
Just finished the access course and passed. Going to University of Hertfordshire... Anyone else?
All submitted, find out on Tuesday officially if I've passed! If I worked it out correctly, I got 33 distinctions, 3 merits and 18 passes, with 3 level 2 credits :biggrin:

I'm off to Bangor!
First day off and I don't know what to do! Ah well

kiss_me_now9

I'm off to Bangor!

That hit me before... The "****! I'm off to uni in september" outburst.

That hit me before... The "****! I'm off to uni in september" outburst.

Haha me too! After panicking and getting hysterical about whether i had enough credits i was like...sh*t this is it....i'm moving... ARGH !
cupidalaska
Haha me too! After panicking and getting hysterical about whether i had enough credits i was like...sh*t this is it....i'm moving... ARGH !

Seasoned veteran when it comes to moving out... Still bricking it though!
sjholland87
Seasoned veteran when it comes to moving out... Still bricking it though!

snap on that score (think Uni will be longest place i'll end up living in well the area im going to Uni in anyways) ... i am still waiting for confirmation of my results to come through by D-Day isnt till next thursday -- its a killer of a wait even when you know you have the credits
allocation of my halls begins as well this month so excited and apprehensive all at the same time
Could be sick at the thought it's finally here, precisely nine weeks till i move 150 miles away... :l
jojospacemunky
snap on that score (think Uni will be longest place i'll end up living in well the area im going to Uni in anyways) ... i am still waiting for confirmation of my results to come through by D-Day isnt till next thursday -- its a killer of a wait even when you know you have the credits
allocation of my halls begins as well this month so excited and apprehensive all at the same time

I know the feeling. My mind hasn't come off of it since we finished. I'm pretty sure I have the amount of points I need but I can't stop thinking and I still have no idea of when the results will be in. It's torture.
Sir_Vile_Minds
I know the feeling. My mind hasn't come off of it since we finished. I'm pretty sure I have the amount of points I need but I can't stop thinking and I still have no idea of when the results will be in. It's torture.

I now have 57 credits at level 3 and too many at level 2.

D-day tomorrow but I am now pretty damn confident I've got what I need.

Not bad for being so far behind a few weeks ago that I was at breaking point.

Onwards and upwards :smile:
sjholland87
I now have 57 credits at level 3 and too many at level 2.

D-day tomorrow but I am now pretty damn confident I've got what I need.

Not bad for being so far behind a few weeks ago that I was at breaking point.

Onwards and upwards :smile:

I'm assuming this D-Day this results day?

I was at the same point as you near the end. Failed a bunch of essays and had to resub those with current assignments. It was hellish but I believe I managed it so now, like I said, it's a matter of waiting for that piece of cardboard to come through the post. Unless we have to pick it up instead.
for those of you who understand the complex world of access how hard would it be to get this grade ?

specific study history module 60 credits 45 credits at level 3 of which 12 must be at disticntion and 12 merit all remaining modules
must be at level 2 and include 12 in maths and 12 in English.
Not too bad, that's only 4 assignments being merit and distinction which is definitely doable with a lot of work.

Although your course looks like it's structured much differently to the one I did but if you put the work in I wouldn't worry.

What Uni is that for?
University of Birmingham, studying ancient history the same requirement for Leeds as well :eek3:

Birmingham gave me that requirement it's not from the College

so it's defiantly doable ? with effort obviously
Sir_Vile_Minds
I'm assuming this D-Day this results day?

I was at the same point as you near the end. Failed a bunch of essays and had to resub those with current assignments. It was hellish but I believe I managed it so now, like I said, it's a matter of waiting for that piece of cardboard to come through the post. Unless we have to pick it up instead.

Yeah it is results day. The moderator is in tomorrow and we aren't supposed to know till thursday but one of our tutors is letting us know early before the certificate. The thing is, adding everything up, it's all good...

Sociology - 12
Psychology - 12
Health - 9
Education - 9
Study Skills - 9
English 6

Plus 21 level 2 credits

I was close to giving it up. The workload of crap I hadn't done or needed re-submitting was crazy. Just sat down one night and got it all done. Then realised how easy it would have been if I had done it when I should :woo:
sjholland87
Yeah it is results day. The moderator is in tomorrow and we aren't supposed to know till thursday but one of our tutors is letting us know early before the certificate. The thing is, adding everything up, it's all good...

Sociology - 12
Psychology - 12
Health - 9
Education - 9
Study Skills - 9
English 6

Plus 21 level 2 credits

I was close to giving it up. The workload of crap I hadn't done or needed re-submitting was crazy. Just sat down one night and got it all done. Then realised how easy it would have been if I had done it when I should :woo:

Ditto. There was a point in the (academic) year where I began to slack and couldn't be arsed and then suddenly I picked up and resubbed loads of essays. In total I did almost twice the work of other class members.
Reply 236
Hi.
What is everyone's timetable? I've just been told it's basically four half days a week (which seemed a little low to me)

Really nervous tbh and it doesn't even start until September.
sthoms
Hi.
What is everyone's timetable? I've just been told it's basically four half days a week (which seemed a little low to me)

Really nervous tbh and it doesn't even start until September.

3 days a week generally. However, mine may be a little less because I'll be doing a lot of reading. However number 2, I'm going to be doing a joint major/minor so I'll be fitting in reading with writing (English Lit + Creative Writing).
Day of reckoning for me tomorrow. I just want to find out if all my distinctions stay as distinctions. What's everyone doing with regards to their offers? I'm going to see if Manchester will accept an email from my tutor once all my grades are confirmed. I want my place confirmed like NOW haha. Don't want to wait until the actual certificate makes its way to me!
Passed :woo:

15 passes,
15 merits anddddd
33 distinctions :biggrin:

(Does that make a distinction overall?)

Latest