Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't understand why John Terry's affair means he be shouldn't be England captain. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Surely extra-marital sexual intercourse has nothing to do with his capabilities as a footballer? Or am I missing something?

the team captain is supposed to unite the players together....sleeping with your team mates wife tends to do the opposite.

ReputationRep:
    Ooh right. Forgot about that part.

ReputationRep:
    i think it's more to do with the fact that it was the wife (or girlfriend) of someone in the england team. captains should lead by example, and it's not a great example set really is it? i don't really know what's going on other than the 20 second thing i caught on the news earlier. :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Was Bridge still with his Mrs when Terry and her got together?

I do not think there is alternative in the England camp for captain. At a push, I'd give it to Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    there are man city players in the england team who are team mates with wayne bridge, and of course have much sympathy for him. Therefore crap team spirit if terry is your england captain. Plus he's a nob!

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree. This is the DUMBEST "news" story of the year. So he cheated. And? Big deal!

I cringed at Man City's "Team Bridge" t-shirts, just when I thought they couldn't become anymore of a laughing stock..........

ReputationRep:
    I personally think it would be stupid to change captain four months before the World Cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)
    I totally agree. This is the DUMBEST "news" story of the year. So he cheated. And? Big deal!
    I cringed at Man City's "Team Bridge" t-shirts, just when I thought they couldn't become anymore of a laughing stock..........
    Yeah - with a team mates' missus. Thats kinda where it goes wrong.

ReputationRep:
    people hate on him because his a senrab boy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude Where's My Username)

He ****** his mate's girlfriend, of course that's a big deal, imagine if you were Bridge? In fact Bridge doesn't even want to go to the WC, so already he has limited Capello's choices and therefore this is an issue.

John Terry is a massive ****, so many scandals, from selling illegal tours, insulting American tourists over 9/11 and having cheated on his wife multiple times before this, quite frankly a miracle he still is England captain.

ReputationRep:
    The Media has helped ruin our chance of winning the world cup.

ReputationRep:
    The fact that Terry has cheated on his wife with another woman who is married to an England player kinda brings down the moviation in the team.

Would you wanna be led by someone you can't trust and who can't certaintly keep his self-control?

Big deal to me, but not sure wheter he should be captain or not.

I'll give it Rooney or Ferdinand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hadouken)
    The Media has helped ruin our chance of winning the world cup.
    :rofl: Because England were favourites? There are better teams out there and England will have to work bloody hard to win it, with or without Terry shagging team mates wives.

ReputationRep:
    England are overatted and when it comes to the world cup regardless whose captain , they will bottle it.
    Theyle loose to the USA , Draw with Algeria and get knocked out and cappelo will leave ......while spain win the world cup.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Surely extra-marital sexual intercourse has nothing to do with his capabilities as a footballer? Or am I missing something?
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    the team captain is supposed to unite the players together....sleeping with your team mates wife tends to do the opposite.
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    That was easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    He ****** his mate's girlfriend, of course that's a big deal, imagine if you were Bridge? In fact Bridge doesn't even want to go to the WC, so already he has limited Capello's choices and therefore this is an issue.

John Terry is a massive ****, so many scandals, from selling illegal tours, insulting American tourists over 9/11 and having cheated on his wife multiple times before this, quite frankly a miracle he still is England captain.
    i cant believe this has made national news to the extent it has. As much as I enjoy watching and playing football i am yet to understand how such overpaid individuals constitute role models?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    :rofl: Because England were favourites? There are better teams out there and England will have to work bloody hard to win it, with or without Terry shagging team mates wives.
    I know I know, but they are not helping matters, all they are doing is creating a rift between the England players and if England don't win, i know exactly who the media scapegoat will be.

ReputationRep:
    A captain should lead by example. How can you respect and trust a guy who has potentially banged your wife/girlfriend without you knowing and can still keep a straight face at it before getting exposed? If this man is England captain then the team is obviously a joke.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    If he enjoyed having sexual intercourse with kids - that probably wouldn't affect his captaining abilities, but you just wouldn't want him to represent, naam sayin braav?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.