Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I don't understand why John Terry's affair means he be shouldn't be England captain. Watch

ReputationRep:
    Sex with kids is depraved. Sex with multiple women, well . . . it's just what men do. Terrible analogy to compare paedophilia to extra-marital relations. I suspect most of his team-mates shag around anyway so what does it matter if he leads them or not? A number of his team-mates have in fact already had well-publicised affairs.

ReputationRep:
    1. Cheating with a team mates partner is about as low as it's possible to get in the cheating stakes.

2. Fabio Capello (spl?) has made it pretty clear that he expects certain standards of behaviour from the national squad members...the idea being that the press they get should be in the sports section not the gossip/scandal rag section. If Terry's conduct has fallen short of any code of conduct (formal or informal) that may exist, he is clearly not suitable to be team captain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonMinx)
    Was Bridge still with his Mrs when Terry and her got together?

I do not think there is alternative in the England camp for captain. At a push, I'd give it to Rooney.
    What about Gerrard?

ReputationRep:
    Beckham should be the captain.

ReputationRep:
    1- should be in the sport section
    2- he shagged his teamates girl and wifes best friend
    3- been loads of other stuff about him in the press recentley- dads a drug dealer, mums a shoplifter... this just tops everything off
    4- bridge might make the england squad (i doubt it though)

depends on how the england players react and stuff.

i hope he stays captain, i don't think we have anyone better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stalin)
    Beckham should be the captain.
    Not really, he's very unlikley to play any full games for Englanf again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    Not really, he's very unlikley to play any full games for Englanf again.
    In that case, Lampard, Gerrard or Ferdinand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gingergooner)
    What about Gerrard?
    Gerrard will obviously get it if Terry does lose it. The people suggesting Rooney or Rio are just blatent united fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonMinx)
    Was Bridge still with his Mrs when Terry and her got together?

I do not think there is alternative in the England camp for captain. At a push, I'd give it to Rooney.
    Rooney might be a good captain one day, but not this world cup.

He's by far our best and most important player, theres already so much pressure on him. Plus, he needs a good captain to be able to calm him down when he gets to involved and pissed off.

I would say Gerrard, or maybe even Cole..

ReputationRep:
    the same way tiger woods was treated i hope J.T gets treated worse as i feel what he did was worse. If not publicly apologise to woods.

ReputationRep:
    It's because he is supposed to be a role model to young England fans, what kind of message is it sending to young kids if he's captain?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kash:))
    3- been loads of other stuff about him in the press recentley- dads a drug dealer, mums a shoplifter...
    I know this was only one of many points, but I don't really think that has much relevance. You can't be punished for something other people did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodmen)
    Gerrard will obviously get it if Terry does lose it. The people suggesting Rooney or Rio are just blatent united fans.
    Thats what I thought. I'm not English, but this always makes me laugh considering I live here and can watch everyone battling over it from a neutral standpoint. In my opinion though if not Gerrard I'd say Lampard and then Rooney.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMiestero)
    the same way tiger woods was treated i hope J.T gets treated worse as i feel what he did was worse. If not publicly apologise to woods.
    I like the sound of this. Completely out of order having an affair with a team mates wife, if i was in the squad i wouldn't be able to have my wife around him let alone trust him.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    Team mate's wife - now I understand...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    I know this was only one of many points, but I don't really think that has much relevance. You can't be punished for something other people did.
    Yeah, I know, but unfourtantley when you mix it with the things he has done, it all adds up.

ReputationRep:
    he is a good player but he is a ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpamBa)
    Team mate's wife - now I understand...
    :ditto: I don't know a fat lot about football so didn't realise 'Wayne Bridge' was a footballer, let alone a team mate.

ReputationRep:
    Bridge is the only decent replacement for cashley, am I right? So i think he should be at the WC. Anyway, I don't really think he should be captain now, but at the same time, I don't really care if they keep him on.

Honestly, the day Beckham plays for England again will be a sad day for the england management, unless at least 3 of Gerrard, Lampard, Wright Phillips, Carrick and Lennon are injured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sweetlovinchick2k1)
    It's because he is supposed to be a role model to young England fans, what kind of message is it sending to young kids if he's captain?
    If you want to see why that's not a great argument, just look at threads on Terry in the football subforum :yep:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.