Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I don't understand why John Terry's affair means he be shouldn't be England captain. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand what's wrong with him banging that girl (she was mega hot) but meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goodmen)
    Gerrard will obviously get it if Terry does lose it. The people suggesting Rooney or Rio are just blatent united fans.
    I am SO not a united fan. I love Rooney's passion, maybe not his hot-headedness though!

The thing is; I bet all the other players probably know what a ***** JT is, so this is probably not a surprise to any of them.

ReputationRep:
    It is ridiculous, he should stay as the captain.

ReputationRep:
    Captain?! He shouldn't even be in the team. Not because of this incident but because he's generally fairly useless. Gerrard or Rooney get my vote.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    He ****** his mate's girlfriend, of course that's a big deal, imagine if you were Bridge? In fact Bridge doesn't even want to go to the WC, so already he has limited Capello's choices and therefore this is an issue.

John Terry is a massive ****, so many scandals, from selling illegal tours, insulting American tourists over 9/11 and having cheated on his wife multiple times before this, quite frankly a miracle he still is England captain.
    When did he do this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by az1992)
    i cant believe this has made national news to the extent it has. As much as I enjoy watching and playing football i am yet to understand how such overpaid individuals constitute role models?
    Of course it's national news, the captain of England having an affair? It's gold material for tabloids. Don't be naive.

They most certainly aren't a role model to me, however to millions of kids around the world they are. Therefore it's important that they at least try to maintain a wholesome image.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LondonMinx)
    I am SO not a united fan. I love Rooney's passion, maybe not his hot-headedness though!

The thing is; I bet all the other players probably know what a ***** JT is, so this is probably not a surprise to any of them.
    Rooney could not be reasonbly picked as captain, he is like 4th or 5th choice at united. Even Evra is ahead of him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlamCanyon)
    When did he do this?
    Just afterwards.

John Terry was fined two weeks wages by Chelsea after a drinking session with team mates Jody Morris, Frank Lampard and Eidur Gudjohnsen at a Heathrow hotel which culminated in the harassment of American tourists at a Heathrow hotel in the immediate aftermath of the 9/11 attacks on New York. The players embarked on their binge after their game against Levski Sofia had been called off out of respect to the victims of the terrorist attack.
    Stay classy John :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    Just afterwards.

Stay classy John :rolleyes:
    He's just a well-payed chav. Uuugh.

ReputationRep:
    I think Terry's a nasty piece of work to be honest.

Wasn't it him who spat his dummy out at Mourinho and pushed him out of the club, Mourinho was mad at him after he left and there was a report saying that he had thrown a paddy before the Rosenburg game and nearly refused to play because he was annoyed at Mourinho over something, then went stirring it up with club management that Jose had lost the support of the dressing room.

He insisted on getting a deal at Chelsea to guarantee he was the top earner at the club for the next 9 years, and asked for a clause to be put in to let him manage the club after he retired (which they turned down). Not happy with that he courted Man City's interest all last summer stringing them along to see what they were going to offer him.

Now he goes banging his team mates girl, and getting her pregnant, and tries this whole business to cover it up and stop it coming out.

If what some of the papers this week have been saying (not just the tabloids either) is true, that he has alienated most of his teammates at England and even Chelsea ones too, then his position is untenable, and he will soon be sacked as captain.

This is far worse than Tiger Woods.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morecambebay)
    the team captain is supposed to unite the players together....sleeping with your team mates wife tends to do the opposite.
    well first of all it wasnt bridges wife, secondly bridge wasnt with the slut....erm i mean woman and last its not that at all, england captains are supposed to be squeaky clean

i have no sympathy for bridge, he helped terry cheat on his (terrys) gf in the past by lending terry his pad as a shagging nest so this i see as karma

ReputationRep:
    I don't blame him to be honest, the bird he banged was smoking.

ReputationRep:
    yes gerrard should get it

gerrard, a 'man' who throws a hissy fit just because a DJ in a club wouldnt give him a turn on his decks, then goes on to beat said DJ up

hhhhhhmmmmmm adulterer or thug, tough choice tbh, i do think rooney should get it (and no im not a man u fan) but lets face it, hes one of the few in the england team who havnt been in trouble and who doesnt think with his fists or his ****

ReputationRep:
    He shouldnt be captain, if only to make sure that the team doesnt split into two. Besides, Barry Ferguson indiscretions on a night out, and his juvinille v sign didnt make him a bad footballer, he was being a total tool and got kicked out completely from the Scotland team, not just strpped of the captaincy.

ReputationRep:
    Basically he's a scumbag

ReputationRep:
    Not because of that on its own - because he looks worn out. He was also one of the players who showed no judgement by drunkenly celebrating in a hotel straight after the events of 9/11. There are various other predictable stories. Only those who want to think that anyone of mediocre behaviour should be able to rise to the top would want to see him prosper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tinktinktinkerbell)
    yes gerrard should get it

gerrard, a 'man' who throws a hissy fit just because a DJ in a club wouldnt give him a turn on his decks, then goes on to beat said DJ up

hhhhhhmmmmmm adulterer or thug, tough choice tbh, i do think rooney should get it (and no im not a man u fan) but lets face it, hes one of the few in the england team who havnt been in trouble and who doesnt think with his fists or his ****
    :toofunny: Ridiculous

As for captain, I'd pick either Ferdinand or Lampard/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barça)
    :toofunny: Ridiculous

As for captain, I'd pick either Ferdinand or Lampard/

aye lampard would be a good choice tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 35mm_)
    Surely extra-marital sexual intercourse has nothing to do with his capabilities as a footballer? Or am I missing something?
    Its the fact that you need to be a leader who sets a good example for the country and has the respect of the players

John Terrys lost that by disrespecting a England player

So Yes its not to do about his capabilities as a footballer but being a captain

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure most of the England team have lost of a lot of respect for John Terry, not to mention most of the nation.

He shouldn't be the team captain for two reasons, he's harmed one of his teammates and doesn't set a good example.

I'd make Lampard the captain and Rooney the vice-captain. As for Gerrard, his punch up and attitude isn't captain worthy.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.