Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well, here's the story.
    I just applied for a account at Natwest for the under 18s.
    I'm training for my PPL (Private Pilot's License) so I thought it would be cool to have Captain instead of Master.
    But it has come to my attention that since i actually don't have the license, i'm not officially captain yet.

Is this fraud? D:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    It's misrepresentation - and you won't be a captain even when you get your PPL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndiePixie)
    It's misrepresentation - and you won't be a captain even when you get your PPL.
    so, is it fraud..?
    and i know, but i can dream.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by joeofc)
    so, is it fraud..?
    and i know, but i can dream.
    You can dream, but not pass yourself off as something you are not. As you're under 18 the bank would probably just consider it idiocy rather than fraud :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IndiePixie)
    you won't be a captain even when you get your PPL.
    oh, I was contemplating going for a PPL just to be able to call myself Captain until you said that
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Finbar21)
    oh, I was contemplating going for a PPL just to be able to call myself Captain until you said that
    You must have a lot of money to burn... just change your name to Captain Hook by deed poll - it's a lot cheaper and more environmentally friendly

ReputationRep:
    correct me if im wrong, but isnt the captain part on the application form directed more towards the rank in the army than for people with pilots licenses?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Why not call yourself Reverend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    correct me if im wrong, but isnt the captain part on the application form directed more towards the rank in the army than for people with pilots licenses?
    Yep - army, navy, airforce, master mariners.... I assumed the PPL thing was trolling

(Original post by hypocriticaljap)
    Yeah. Why not call yourself Reverend?
    Personally, I'd go for Baron.... far cooler :p:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.