Turn on thread page Beta

A major problem I'm having, can't concentrate because... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PraxxtorCruel)
    Okay, education it is. :woo: I thought generally most people had it good in both fields, guess not.
    Btw, you can have a balance- just make sure it's reasonable and disciplined.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, education it is. :woo: I thought generally most people had it good in both fields, guess not.
    well i dno about you but i can't get a good education without being happy with my life

ReputationRep:
    Nice approach you have. I kinda find it hard to keep a mean face, usually people think Im constipated lol.
    aint really an approach...its my relaxed face shape...lol by gf aways reminds me to smile, but oviusley when somebodys grinning at you and then they say "smile" its the last thing you wanna do...

there was a point years ago when i lost all my m8s and for about a year i was depressed and had no socal life. but luckley it happened for only a year and i got back into it by in luck...working with people i liked and somehow they liked me back... i even got a gf from this.

its easy for me to say "this will happen with you to" but it is the truth really, in life you'll bump into people who wont understand you, and you will also make life long friends from experences... just remember to do what you believe in and there will aways be new faces that could become m8s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c0nfus3d)
    Try the flooding technique. Actually talk to them- have a normal conversation- that way you'll realise what they really think of you, so it won't bother you anymore!
    Yeah it is the simplest and most effective solution but the thing is, everytime I talk to a girl this is what happens to me;

Me: Hi, who is your name?
    Girl: Huh?
    Me: Uh, oh, sorry I meant what is your name?
    Girl: Oh, my name is bla, what's yours?
    Me: Oh thats a nice name, mine is <squeaks> blabla.
    Girl: Uhhh? What was that?
    Me: Umm eugh argh, B-L-A-B-L-A!

What I'm trying to say is my spoken english sounds so ridiculous when it comes to conversations, its embarrassing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    I like your wall.
    *Thinks back to the days when clearly-paragraphed posts weren't called 'walls'*

ReputationRep:
    Curious to know, are you a failure like me, or you getting somewhere now?
    Well, I got pretty good GCSEs then studied my A levels from home, and got 3 A grades...so not too bad!! I'm starting my OU degree in April.

Anti-depressants generally take at least 6 weeks to kick in - the only possible effects you'll be experiencing are side effects.
    I went on 4 differnent meds...none of them worked particularly well I'm afraid to say, but that's not to suggest they won't help you.
    I'd really advise going to the doctor again, especially as its having such an effect on your work.
    Also...on a plus note I don't have social anxiety anymore, so you can get better

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is the simplest and most effective solution but the thing is, everytime I talk to a girl this is what happens to me;

What I'm trying to say is my spoken english sounds so ridiculous when it comes to conversations, its embarrassing.
    Aww, you know when you say "who is your name?" try and laugh it off like it was intentional or something confidence bOOST! :p:
    and pre-plan convos? may sound sad but may be effective! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewk)
    well i dno about you but i can't get a good education without being happy with my life
    Agreed, too much of education is not healthy.

ReputationRep:

pratice makes perfect...really???? lol

i use to be a jumpy or nervious speaker too, but for some reason...i dont give a toss anymore...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smashing)
    *Thinks back to the days when clearly-paragraphed posts weren't called 'walls'*
    Decided to take pic off as it does not comply with yoyo.
    Don't try and be smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banter)
    aint really an approach...its my relaxed face shape...lol by gf aways reminds me to smile, but oviusley when somebodys grinning at you and then they say "smile" its the last thing you wanna do...

there was a point years ago when i lost all my m8s and for about a year i was depressed and had no socal life. but luckley it happened for only a year and i got back into it by in luck...working with people i liked and somehow they liked me back... i even got a gf from this.

its easy for me to say "this will happen with you to" but it is the truth really, in life you'll bump into people who wont understand you, and you will also make life long friends from experences... just remember to do what you believe in and there will aways be new faces that could become m8s.
    Hahaha, yeah know what you mean, I guess things like this happen all the time and I shouldn't take them so seriously, just let them come and go and keep livin'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Keoje)
    Don't try and be smart.
    If that's being smart, you'll be amazed at what I can really do :yep: . I never thought it would be that easy these days.

ReputationRep:
    What was the reason they put you on them? Have they been of great benefit to you?
    well mainly was just for mood swings, but i am also very shy and i noticed a small improvement with my social anxiety, but still something im slightly less nervy etc (im on citalopram) , i noticed no difference on the 20mg dose which i was on for 4 weeks , then upped to 40mg & 2 weeks later they started working

ReputationRep:
    The problem is, you don't seem to have a lot going on in your life at the moment. As a result, your mind has become incredibly focused on the most trivial aspects of your daily life; in this case, people's perception and opinion of you.

The only real solution to your problem is a hobby or a social life, which I guess you have a severe lack of - no offence.

Otherwise, you will end up becoming increasingly obsessed with these trivial things, and end up with social anxiety disorder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lazuliblue)
    Well, I got pretty good GCSEs then studied my A levels from home, and got 3 A grades...so not too bad!! I'm starting my OU degree in April.

Anti-depressants generally take at least 6 weeks to kick in - the only possible effects you'll be experiencing are side effects.
    I went on 4 differnent meds...none of them worked particularly well I'm afraid to say, but that's not to suggest they won't help you.
    I'd really advise going to the doctor again, especially as its having such an effect on your work.
    Also...on a plus note I don't have social anxiety anymore, so you can get better
    Thanks for rubbing it in ...kidding, great to see there is light at the end of the tunnel, have a prosperous life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c0nfus3d)
    Aww, you know when you say "who is your name?" try and laugh it off like it was intentional or something confidence bOOST! :p:
    and pre-plan convos? may sound sad but may be effective! :rolleyes:
    Yes I should give that a go, hopefully my laugh won't scare 'em of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by banter)
    pratice makes perfect...really???? lol

i use to be a jumpy or nervious speaker too, but for some reason...i dont give a toss anymore...lol
    Thats what I want to ultimately achieve too, not to give a toss. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    The problem is, you don't seem to have a lot going on in your life at the moment. As a result, your mind has become incredibly focused on the most trivial aspects of your daily life; in this case, people's perception and opinion of you.

The only real solution to your problem is a hobby or a social life, which I guess you have a severe lack of - no offence.

Otherwise, you will end up becoming increasingly obsessed with these trivial things, and end up with social anxiety disorder.
    This is exactly what I've been thinking. :yep: You know your stuff, you been through this before or something?

ReputationRep:
    Thats what I want to ultimately achieve too, not to give a toss. :yep:
    mate. i wish i could tell you how i stoped careing...but i dont really know why i dont anymore... i supose i just accepted what people are like when they judge you, and i just got over some peoples ignorence of not even knowing a single thing about you, but they talk about you to other people like they do....tossers..the lot of them...there a waste of time. lol

ReputationRep:
    This is exactly what I've been thinking. :yep: You know your stuff, you been through this before or something?
    Yeah, I have a similar problem at the moment.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2010
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.