Citibank summer internship?! Watch

QueenOfSheeeba
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hey guys! So I've completed some internship applications a couple of which rejected me and I've just applied to Citibank for a summer internship, have any of you done it or are going to do it? Are there any tips you could give me? Also how long until they got back to you for interviews?

Thanks in advance ^_^

:girl:
onthecoast
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Wow. A bit late no?
Neocortex
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
no offense but your application would be considered fairly late. Although depends on the departments, which department is it for?

S&T/CMO ACs have been already running. Regarding other ones am not sure but I wouldn't be surprised if internships ACs are running atm.
QueenOfSheeeba
I know I know I know it's late :'( tbh I'd given up a while ago since most did close like end of December however I came across this one and just straight away applied. The positions were still there and I was allowed to apply so I'm guessing they are still taking people?
Kingers
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My mate got an offer from Citibank last year, but took a JPmorgan instead.

Apparently he said that the interviews are fairly hard. he tells me there was a group interview where he had to argue over a case with 5 other people, and this one girl wouldn't shut up, so he shouted and told her to STFU! and she did..
He got the offer though..
lev89
Report 8 years ago
I attended an AC for summer internship at Citi last week ...interviews were generally ok except one where i had to put up with lots of pressure games; the whole thing took me so much by surprise that I screwed the first brainteaser. managed the second one though...any thoughts whether i still stand a chance )
QueenOfSheeeba
Ahhh God I hate group interviews, there's always ONE Douchy McDouchedouche who feels the need to never shutup! I'm aware I need to deal with this ^_^ lol oooh Lev89! When did you apply? I'm guessing you applied ages ago? I'm suprised there's no online numeracy test for Citi is it all pretty much interviews? Although I guess the tests are incorporated with the interviews?
lev89
Report 8 years ago
yeah, ages ago...ac consisted of numerical test, 3 interviews, one presentation, written report & Q&A, group exercise...one day of pressure
JakeF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by QueenOfSheeeba)
Ahhh God I hate group interviews, there's always ONE Douchy McDouchedouche who feels the need to never shutup! I'm aware I need to deal with this ^_^ lol oooh Lev89! When did you apply? I'm guessing you applied ages ago? I'm suprised there's no online numeracy test for Citi is it all pretty much interviews? Although I guess the tests are incorporated with the interviews?
Citibank? Isnt that the retail/commercial arm of Citigroup? I think so. If, as i expect you are, applying for Citigroup Investment banking/Global Markets division then you are incredibly late. However, you never know, you may strike lucky but i know for a fact that offers for this summer have been extended for a couple of weeks now.

I had first round Citi on Jan 15th which is 2 interviews and then a numerical. (I withdrew after the interviews as i took an offer elsewhere). But there is an online numerical for Citi, you just have to be invited for it, normally through first round screening.. this is the same protocol in many banks bar BofAML.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (146)
18.23%
No (487)
60.8%
Not really bothered about them (168)
20.97%

Watched Threads