Turn on thread page Beta

Do you like your name? watch

ReputationRep:
    Would you change it if you got the chance, or are just really not bothered?

I don't mind my name (Nina), except that when I was younger (and still today, occasionally), people find it amusing and highly original to go "Hey, your name sounds like an ambulence...neee naaa neee naaa". No way? Really? It does? :eek:

oh, and apparently it means "enclosure of fish" in Babylonian, which is...interesting!

ReputationRep:
    of course i like my name .. GIFT OF GOD:P

ReputationRep:
    I'm not keen on mine at all. I have a thing for modern/unusual names, and mine (Cheryl) seems too old-fashioned for my liking.

That said, I'm attached to it and would never want to change it. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well it rhymes with gang bang...

ReputationRep:
    Don't like mine. It seems really old and tbh i assosiate it with truckers.

I wouldn't change it though. Too much fathing about

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do.

Little Dark One- people comment on me for being evil and I'm small so it must true.

ReputationRep:
    I've always liked my name because I share it with a Disney Princess :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I think mines okay.. Adelaide, even though its like a old style name...

ReputationRep:
    I'm Ruth.. most people think it's a grandma name and no one but the english can pronounce it (my mum didn't think of that.. haha) but it means compassion so im not complaining!
    i think names are really important

ReputationRep:
    Nope. Changing it.

ReputationRep:
    I do like mine (Tallulah), its unusual but not in a mad way! I get remembered, which can be good or bad

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind mine, so wouldn't change it. But when I was younger I couldn't say it right and it took me till like I was 13 to be able to say it correctly, the last word I couldn't pronounce, so annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I do, despite there are many (though not that entirely) women in the Czech Republic holding the name Ivana. I dunno, I wouldn't like to be Anna, Karolina or anything popular like that.

ReputationRep:
    I quite like mine, but it's a bit serious. I seem to share it with a lot of thirty-something women and ofc, there's the endless list of songs with my name in them. I'm often greeted with "Caro-liiine, Caroline, needs a golden calculator to diviiiide..."

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind it, used to hate it when i was younger though.

ReputationRep:
    yeah coz its means 'beloved' in hebrew

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind mine (Kelsey)
    It's kind of unusual which I admire

ReputationRep:
    No i don't like mine...

ReputationRep:
    I quite like mine. Shame that no one outside Scandinavia can pronounce it correctly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (Online))
    I do like mine (Tallulah), its unusual but not in a mad way! I get remembered, which can be good or bad
    My godsister's middle name is Tallulah. And you have a song with your name in it too :yep:

"My name is Tallulah, I live til I die...."

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.