Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you like your name? watch

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I hate my name. Well, no, I love my name; I just hate the fact that no-one seems to know how to say it. I get called Justin, Janine, even Janeta once! It's not even like my name is really uncommon. :/

ReputationRep:
    Yep I really like my name.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind my first name (Eleanor) though I spent about a year calling myself Rosie when I was younger. For some reason.
    I don't like my surname though, it's double-barrelled (with NO hyphen) and nobody pronounces the first part right. I had a rant about it at school the other day and now, after 6 1/2 years, people are finally working it out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninadakash)
    Would you change it if you got the chance, or are just really not bothered?

I don't mind my name (Nina), except that when I was younger (and still today, occasionally), people find it amusing and highly original to go "Hey, your name sounds like an ambulence...neee naaa neee naaa". No way? Really? It does? :eek:

oh, and apparently it means "enclosure of fish" in Babylonian, which is...interesting!
    Yes! I do. Ifrah-To bring joy/happiness :p:

Yes. I like everything about it.

But it feels weird when people call me by my proper first name...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cardine92)
    My godsister's middle name is Tallulah. And you have a song with your name in it too :yep:

"My name is Tallulah, I live til I die...."
    Oh yeah! How could I forget the song! :eek3: I get a lots of people singing it, thats a bit annoying if I'm honest :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yeahhh. I love it; if it wasn't my name and I had a daughter I'd probably have named her Emily.

ReputationRep:
    i love my name. Jaymin - the conqueror and the saviour

ReputationRep:
    Is Bradley a good name, I don't know?

ReputationRep:
    Yes I like my name even though I think its too posh for me...oh and the Queen also shares my name :p:. It always gets shortened to Liz though, which I prefer. I"d never change it either, my dad picked my first name and it would be like an insult to him to change it after all these years.

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind my first name.
    I HATE my middle and surname though. They both make me feel a little bit sick inside at the thought.

ReputationRep:
    michael goozee

yeah its pretty decent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Yes I do.

Little Dark One- people comment on me for being evil and I'm small so it must true.
    That's what my sisters name means lol - Ciara, are you called Kieran or something?

ReputationRep:
    Sarah, no its too common, I like it, but its tres annoying. >.<

ReputationRep:
    Some people on here have awesome names. D:

I used to hate my name, but I've come to live with it. Changing it would be too much hassle. Still, it's annoying as hell at Christmas.
    "Oh look! A HOLLY bush! That's YOU, hahaha!"
    And while they're laughing hysterically I die a little inside.

ReputationRep:
    I love it - it's unusual (in this country, at least), and it's pretty. Yayyyy.

ReputationRep:
    Conall - 'High and Mighty' in Irish

Pretty rare, even in Ireland so I like it.

ReputationRep:
    Can't stand it tbh :p: Only known one or two people in my life who have pronounced it right first time, which invariably leads to sniggering and name calling in classes and such. Or when someone asks for a name over the phone or whatever, it takes many attempts and "Nooooo, not like that, like this"-es. Dunno if I would change it though, it seems pretty weird to say to your friends and family "From now on you will address me by this other name", and you can't really start to introduce yourself to other people using your new name without telling your friends or chaos may ensue like a bad romcom :p:

ReputationRep:
    I like mine :yep:
    In modern english (apparently) it means diamond :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes I really like it, sometimes I don't. I dislike my middle name strongly.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.