Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    why i always thought fat-love was a reasonably name....

ReputationRep:
    I have a book in the bible as well as being a Disciple of Jesus.. So yeah my name is pretty sweet. My middle name is also a country..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amizzle91)
    My name is Amy. It's ridiculously common (there were 4 other girls in my year with the name Amy) and you can't really get a nickname out of it. That being said, I don't hate my name and I wouldn't change it, I'm too used to it.

It means "beloved" in French as far as I am aware, which is a nice meaning

However I also have one of the most common filler middle names which overall makes my name pretty boring! Good thing my last name isn't very common.
    I'm also an Amy, hate the fact you can't shorten it. Plus people always seem to try spelling it Aimee, it's like my version is the normal way people!

Middle name - at least it wasn't Louise, then it would be really common. Have another L-name though.

Surname - German/Huguenot origins, I only know of people in the US or Germany who have my surname.

ReputationRep:
    I love it :yep:

ReputationRep:
    not really. Id prefer one you can shorten, and also, no one can pronounce it properly. Id also prefer a name with a decent meaning instead of just "fragrance." Also you need a proper indian accent to say my name and my second name is even worse. It makes me sound clever and everything because of its origins, but i just dont like the sound of it

even then i wouldnt change it

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind mine. Megan...but i hate the way it sounds in NZ - that whaaar I wanna live. Its like Meeeeeeeeeeeeeagan. XDD

ReputationRep:
    Erm, it could be worse. I just think my name's a bit boring, and I hate being called Jessica - it has to be Jess, unless it's someone I don't like, in which case they can call me Jessica!

ReputationRep:
    Samuel i used to hate it because i thought it'd sound childish when i got older but i'm quite happy with it now

No, too common

ReputationRep:
    It's ok, I feel it's quite feminine and fine for young girls/women, but it won't suit when I'm older say about 40 odd.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah mine is quite different to everyone elses :awesome:

Although my surname no one can really pronounce it properly so I usually stick to my middle name

ReputationRep:
    I take more issue with my middle names than my forenames.

ReputationRep:
    I think my names alright but when nasally Americans say it I die inside.

e.g. Nasally Yank: "Heeeeeyyyyyy Saaaaaayyyyaaaammm"
    Me: "Hi, it's pronounced Sam"
    Yank: "Oh sorry Saaayyyaammm"

ReputationRep:
    Born with it so will die with it.

ReputationRep:
    Fionn (pronounced Finn), I'm not sure, it's a bit different, i don't mind it

ReputationRep:
    I like my name and wouldn't change it

ReputationRep:
    I actually love my name now (Lane), although I used to hate it because I always get mixed up with guys. I now find it humourous because I surprise people when they assume I am a guy before they meet me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkytea)
    Fionn (pronounced Finn), I'm not sure, it's a bit different, i don't mind it
    Oh wow, I love your name. Finn (and Fionn!) are the greatest names ever. I have never actually met anybody with the name, though, cos it is not known in the US.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stella476)
    I actually love my name now (Lane), although I used to hate it because I always get mixed up with guys. I now find it humourous because I surprise people when they assume I am a guy before they meet me!
    Your user name reminded me that my Mum initially wanted to call me Stella until my dad said no and I got called Elizabeth Ann instead.

ReputationRep:
    I'm another Amy (quite obvious from my username, I know ) but I like it.

Don't have a middle name but was once asked why it wasn't Amy Louise, as though 'Louise' is my mandatory middle name... I wasn't impressed.

I do like my surname though. It makes me feel very English.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.