Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I like mine, though it feels so formal to me when people call me it (Isabel) because it always gets shortened to Izzy xD

And I've never met anyone else with my surname, people also have problems pronouncing and spelling it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conall1)
    Conall - 'High and Mighty' in Irish

Pretty rare, even in Ireland so I like it.
    Wow, I love your name =) It just sounds right. Haven't heard too many Conall's really.

I don't know about my name (Elspeth), lots of nicknames I suppose but they never get used. What do people think?

ReputationRep:
    I like my name, but only the way it's supposed to be pronounced (in Bengali), not the British pronunciation of it :p:

ReputationRep:
    How can you not like the name Don?!

It's a name that's also a word! With several meanings!! :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annie72)
    Your user name reminded me that my Mum initially wanted to call me Stella until my dad said no and I got called Elizabeth Ann instead.
    Huh that is interesting! I have used Stella since my previous sn, Bella476, was slaughtered by the Twilight films/books. I like Stella a lot more, although I do like my name!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aaymee)
    Don't have a middle name but was once asked why it wasn't Amy Louise, as though 'Louise' is my mandatory middle name... I wasn't impressed.
    I get that too. People always forget my middle name and guess that it's Louise, but when I tell them it's not they always say they thought it was, just because it begins with an L! :P

My dad's grandmother was called Amy Louise. Guess it was/is popular?

Yesshh, mine is rare - that's why I won't post it on here for people to identify me :p:

ReputationRep:
    Yes because it means 'a virtuous light'.

ReputationRep:
    Your user name reminded me that my Mum initially wanted to call me Stella until my dad said no and I got called Elizabeth Ann instead.
    By the way, I love your picture!

ReputationRep:
    I like the shortened version of my name. But not Thomas. no way. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    First name: James.
    Second name: Spence.

Jamessssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssPence.

This does indeed bug me. No, I am not James Pence. Nor am I James Spencer...

Also, I know a lot of people of the same name..including my uncle and grandfather.. it gets annoying..

Other than that I suppose its allright :/

ReputationRep:
    I really, really hate mine

It's pretty unusual so I'm not posting it :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettMelody)
    I'm Ruth.. most people think it's a grandma name and no one but the english can pronounce it (my mum didn't think of that.. haha) but it means compassion so im not complaining!
    i think names are really important
    ROOTH? Is that how you say it? Im not english.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stella476)
    By the way, I love your picture!
    Thankyou ....he is hot :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Natalie. i think it's alright, nothing special but not hideous.

ReputationRep:
    I like it, but I intend to change it pretty soon.

ReputationRep:
    I like my English name name enough, I wouldn't change it though because it was a name given to me by my parents - it would seem a little harsh to discard a name they gave me at birth...

I love my Chinese middle names though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (Online))
    I do like mine (Tallulah), its unusual but not in a mad way! I get remembered, which can be good or bad
    ... I gave you good rep because you have an awesome name!

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou ....he is hot :woo:
    I've met him. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I do like mine :] However at the moment everyone on facebook has decided they're going to pretend they have double-barrelled names too.

The only annoying thing is when people ask what my name is and they're like "Laura-Jane? I only asked your first name. Oh, it is your first name? Wait, you have two names...." Apparently the concept is too hard to understand.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.