:yawn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)
    I really, really hate mine

It's pretty unusual so I'm not posting it :ninja:
    Go on! Unusual names are the best. :o:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HpFreak_Amy7192)
    I'm also an Amy, hate the fact you can't shorten it. Plus people always seem to try spelling it Aimee, it's like my version is the normal way people!

Middle name - at least it wasn't Louise, then it would be really common. Have another L-name though.

Surname - German/Huguenot origins, I only know of people in the US or Germany who have my surname.
    Louise is my middle name haha. Most Amy's I know have Louise as their middle name, it's so boring xD

ReputationRep:
    i dont mind mine its Danielle
    but reallyyyyy annoys me when obv my nickname is Dani ...but people spell it wrong gaahhh !!! they spell it Danni !! why why does Danielle have 2 n's...nope !!!

maaan mini rant over a name thats a bit lame ooopsss :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    I like it, but I intend to change it pretty soon.
    What to?....Playboy?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EffieFlowers)
    Go on! Unusual names are the best. :o:
    Nooo, I can't risk my identity being uncovered! :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I like my name, but it's really common :\

ReputationRep:
    I do like my name but there is better names.

My name is Luke.

ReputationRep:
    My name is awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    What to?....Playboy?!
    Indeed :wink2:
    Na, I'd like a more sophisticated surname...maybe a classical latin one or something :yep:

ReputationRep:
    I dislike my full name (Gregory) although I like the shortened version (Greg).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imjustinexo)
    Ugh, I hate my name. Well, no, I love my name; I just hate the fact that no-one seems to know how to say it. I get called Justin, Janine, even Janeta once! It's not even like my name is really uncommon. :/
    My name is Justine too - and i get Justin as well :mad: The old woman next door calls me Janine all the time, and i just let her because i hate her anyway! other than her, i really get the arse on when i get called Justin/Jasmin/Josephine/Christine etc
    The good thing about it is that its unusual, but not enough to be crazy. There wasnt another Justine in my school, in fact Ive never met another Justine ever (IRL)!

(Original post by Maturity)
    Is Bradley a good name, I don't know?
    Of course, my eldest son is Bradley

ReputationRep:
    hAhah... mine's Mary Ann, a composed name too, so people sometimes think my name is Mary.
    But it's not Mary. It's Mary Ann!

ReputationRep:
    Indeed :wink2:
    Na, I'd like a more sophisticated surname...maybe a classical latin one or something :yep:
    What is your surname now?......is it not classy?......Do you have any ideas of what you want to change it too?....:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.white.rabbit)
    What is your surname now?......is it not classy?......Do you have any ideas of what you want to change it too?....:p:
    My surname is King
    It's as classy as it gets..don't you think? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    My surname is King
    It's as classy as it gets..don't you think? :awesome:
    Yeah it's alright, i suppose..............not a patch on my name - Gertrude Penelope Jemima Fairweather....:yep: (i know it's as good as names get!)

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I like my real name since it's translated from Hebrew origin as "palm tree." Used as a symbolic oriental name due to the beauty and fruitfulness of the tree. It describes me so well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moregano)
    Nooo, I can't risk my identity being uncovered! :ninja:
    Aaaw! Well whisper it quietlyy then. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    My name is shortened to Libby, and the amount of people who feel the need to shorten it to "Libs" or something similar is crazy! Even people I hardly know will make call me that, it really angers me!

But yeah apart from that it's all good...

ReputationRep:
    I didn't like mine (Gavin) for a while but it's gradually becoming more popular and it's grown on me. I prefer people to call me Gav though.

It means White Hawk btw, which is kinda cool.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.