Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Do you like your name? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Mine's okaaayy i shorten it, though.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea

I like it couldn't see myself changing it, i'm too attached!

ReputationRep:
    nope... but i :love: the name neil :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nellydee)
    nope... but i :love: the name neil :daydreaming:
    i :love: the name neha :daydreaming:

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not very keen on mine. I think that it would suit a grandma with dozens of cats, much more than a teenager!! Though I guess I'm sorted for when I;m 70 XD.

Ruth xx

ReputationRep:
    Names are good, you can tell who's middle class :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I like mine... but then its me - I could never imagine myself as anything else now...

ReputationRep:
    It's okay (Holly), prefer my sister's name (Lilly).

ReputationRep:
    There's only me and some austrailian woman with my name on facebook. I've never met anyone in person with the same name!

I'm Keldene...it's Irish I don't know what it means though

I do quite like the fact that my name is unusual but I always get realllly interesting spellings on my birthday/christmas cards even from family members!

ReputationRep:
    My name is unique and I've never met anyone with the same name as me. So yeah, I'm pretty happy with it. Hated it when I was younger but it's who I am. I like my middle names too, and my surname. I've got a pretty cool name, YAY

ReputationRep:
    mines okay i guess, but its way too average. 4 other people in one class with the same as me.. fail.

ReputationRep:
    I like it and dislike it in equal measure (Huw).

ReputationRep:
    Hate it only because it's oddly spelt (spelled?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninadakash)
    Would you change it if you got the chance, or are just really not bothered?

I don't mind my name (Nina), except that when I was younger (and still today, occasionally), people find it amusing and highly original to go "Hey, your name sounds like an ambulence...neee naaa neee naaa". No way? Really? It does? :eek:

oh, and apparently it means "enclosure of fish" in Babylonian, which is...interesting!
    I like your name

I go by Jimmy these days - sorta started as a nickname

now i prefer it to james!

ReputationRep:
    Samantha.

It's ok. Here in France everyone calls me 'Samantah' but in England it's always Sam - people don't even ask most of the time, they just presume so I've got used to it. Although I do like Samantha more. The only thing I dislike is that 'Sam' means I am constantly thought to be a boy. There's even a book where the male hottie has my exact name. And 95% of the people who share my first name are male.

Middle name's Mary, like all the firstborn girls in my family. It's a good middle name to have, although it is a fairly standard one and not especially interesting. It's not Louise, so WIN.

Surname is awful, because people are stupid and never read it correctly. They miss out a letter and make it into a more common surname - though mine is still fairly common, you will almost certainly have met someone with the same name. I am actually used to responding to the wrong surname by now with just a weary correction and a look. Interestingly French people ALWAYS get my surname right.

My sister hates her first name, 'Carol' because everyone presumes she was born at Christmas, when in fact she was born in the Spring, and my uncreative parents simply named her after the midwife.

ReputationRep:
    My name's Connor, and although i don't mind the name itself i've just never felt it suited me.

Plus, i've always wanted a name a little less mundane.

ReputationRep:
    Meh, it's nothing special. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stella476)
    Oh wow, I love your name. Finn (and Fionn!) are the greatest names ever. I have never actually met anybody with the name, though, cos it is not known in the US.
    Thanks I'm kinda surprised there aren't any people called Fionn in the US, although I suppose it depends which part you're from, but there are quite a lot of Americans of Irish descent aren't there?

I have never met anyone with my name, spelled the same, but according to Google they do exist:p:

ReputationRep:
    I think my namne is boring (maria) but its good, since almost everyone knows it, and you can have that name in most countries (at least the countries in europe, australia and north and south america) But I got use to it

ReputationRep:
    I've always thought my name was too common, then again I like it better than the name my dad wanted. No offence to any Jemimas on TSR :rolleyes:

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.