Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I found out my friend pole dances for men on a weekend? watch

I have no idea how to feel.
    I understand pole dancing is (by a lot of students) classed as a sport, and ofcourse a pole dancing class / lesson is fine... but my friend i found is actually down at a place in town on the weekend pole dancing for men while she takes their money.

I know shes desperate for money, but she has so much potential to do well in life. She makes out like she wants it to be a life career? And on the other hand... shes only 16, im sure thats underage in the UK? I just dont know if i should say anything or what? Because shes got her heart set on it, and it worries me, what if a man takes advantage of her when she leaves the club?, shes still a virgin... She would be distraught if anything like that happened. But if shes 16, ontrack for A's and A*'s i just dont understand why shes throwing the opportunity away and instead to do pole dancing in a club? Giving private dancing sessions to men with revealing or no clothes?

Its only in my best interest that i want her to do really well in life and i dont want her to lead downhill with it? Should i be supportive of her? Or should i tell the truth and tell her how i dont like the whole idea.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.