The Student Room Group

"Tomorrow's mathematicians today"

so who is going to this event?

The University of Greenwich Department of Mathematical Sciences, in conjunction with The Institute of Mathematics and its Applications (IMA), is very pleased to announce the inaugural Undergraduate Mathematics Conference in London which will be held on Saturday 6th February 2010. The keynote speaker will be Professor Ian Stewart, who earlier this year was the first recipient of the Christopher Zeeman Medal, awarded jointly by the LMS and the IMA for his work on promoting mathematics. Professor Stewart will talk on "Mathematical Curiosities and Treasures from Professor Stewart's Cabinet".

This will be a fascinating day which will give participants the opportunity to learn about a wide range of mathematics which has excited their peers. The aim of the conference is to enable final year (and other) undergraduates to give presentations on mathematical topics of their choice. Undergraduates from Aberdeen, Bath, Birkbeck University of London, Brighton, Cambridge, Exeter, Glasgow, Greenwich, Leeds, Liverpool, Oxford, Royal Holloway, St Andrews and University College London have already registered to present or attend.
Reply 1
How do you register to attend, or is it too late?
Nasrino
How do you register to attend, or is it too late?

Its free, so I am pretty sure you just turn up - thats it.
Reply 3
bummer, I've been to one of Ian Stewart's lectures before and they're really cool. Oh well..
Nasrino
bummer, I've been to one of Ian Stewart's lectures before and they're really cool. Oh well..

pay a tenner on the door innit?

Latest