Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Grade 8 piano sight reading and aural test techniques Watch

ReputationRep:
    i have my exam next week and i have a RELLY big problem of shaking heavily before the exam...
    i dont know what to do to reduce my nrevousness.
    anyone doing the exam in birmingham?

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I just had my grade 8 exam today! 1st of all, I was late - I think the examiner had a bad impression of me and possibily put this impression on my exam! Well so yeah, scales went ok, one scale I meant to do melodic but did harmonic- damn! My first piece had lots of wrong notes and stuff, so did 2nd - a lil bit, but last one was ok I think.
    Aural test and sight reading I was never good at!
    Ahhh- failing it.
    Do you guys know when will you get the results?
    Fingers crossed I will pass lol

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried AURALBOOK? It's an app for Android and iPhone/iPad users. It's a really great app for studying your aural skills and developing your listening skills. I recommend it to anyone taking an upcoming music exam. It's really easy to use and I know it helped me on my exams. I think you'll like it too--it's a unique app and it gives you great feedback. Plus, it's free! AURALBOOK knows exactly what to test you on too so you'll feel super prepared for your exam. I felt confident and ready when I went into mine.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.