Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If a person is slow to get off the bus, or doesn't leave a door open for you, are you quick to anger, or do you let it slide?

ReputationRep:
    slow walkers annoy the **** out of me

ReputationRep:
    If a person's slow i let it slide, but that's probably because i tend to be one of those slow walkers!.......but i find it rude if they don't hold the door open, it's common courtesy and i always do it for others......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pheylan)
    slow walkers annoy the **** out of me
    This.

And I won't exactly say anything but I consider it just pure rudeness if people don't have the courtesy to hold a door or push a button if you are struggling with bags etc. on the bus. However the people around where I live are quite friendly like that!

But still, slow walkers :mad: :mad: :mad:

ReputationRep:
    It drives me mental. Just the rudeness of the general public drives me mental. Things like people using their bag to take up a seat on a rammed bus makes me want to swing for them.

i just get a little miffed when people don't show common courtesy- like when they decide to take up the entire path and don't give way, or you hold the door open for them and they don't say thanks

ReputationRep:
    Slow drivers and walkers annoy the hell out of me.

It's as if they're in a world of their own, completely unaware of other people around them.

Move quicker, people!

ReputationRep:
    everyone pisses me off. It's like they intentionally act like complete arsewipes when I'm about. Students seem to have something wrong with their legs that not only do they walk the speed of a pensioner with a new hip but they take up the ENTIRE pathway doing so. Text on their phones causing them to be even slower, didn't think that possible, randomly stopping for no apparent reason, taking 10minutes to leave a lecture theatre (how ******* long does it take to put paper and pen in bag then put your coat on?) and in supermarkets leaving their trollies right in the middle, refusing to move when you try to get past, being slow at EVERYTHING. ARGH! :rant:

ReputationRep:
    I hate rude people and its always worse at Christmas. People decide they don't need to hold the door open for anyone or they think its ok to suddenly stop in the middle of a path to look at a shop display or something and you walk into them. I don't know what it is about Christmas shopping that makes everybody turn really rude.

ReputationRep:
    I've been 'accommodated' in public three times... :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Annoying when someone stops dead infront of you suddenly and you receive a face full of hair.

ReputationRep:
    A bit, but I thought that was just a London thing :dontknow: I call it London Paranoia - the idea that everything anyone ever does in your vicinity is in order to personally piss you off.

ReputationRep:
    I hate it when people don't wait for people to get off the bus/metro before they all try to get on!

Aaaand of course, slow walkers.

ReputationRep:
    I hate those ******* who suddenly stop right in front of you whilst you are stuck walking behind them!!!! :mad2: Especially when in the train station with all your luggage you get stuck walking behind someone because you cannot overtake and you are walking fast because you're in a hurry then the ****** suddenly stops in front of you so you either need to swerve and alter your velocity, try to stop completely, or end up crashing into them because you were busy thinking of something then they have a go at you saying to watch where you walk but you don't say anything back because you are shocked yet confused, flustered and peeved at the same time.

Yeah, I hate these people.

ReputationRep:
    I HATE people who don't give way to you when you're walking towards/across them, I get sick of always having to do it myself, especially when they don't say thanks or sorry.

Groups of girls with linked arms who refuse to unlink are ******* annoying, too.

ReputationRep:
    The number of times in the last few weeks people have been stood at a cash machine or bus stop chatting on their phone, seemingly completely unaware of the world around them, and walk backwards into me or swing around so their bag flies into my face is beyond a joke *shake fist* Must all be spies out to get me.... only logical explaination :ninjagirl: And the slow walkers get my goat too, especially when you're rushing for a lecture and they somehow expand out the way so it's impossible to walk around them

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and when one person decides to take a table seat on a busy train, so a family or group of four have to split up. Grr.

ReputationRep:
    Slow walkers, that reminds me. I had a group of 4 taking up the entire pavement, while walking at 5mph (that's meters, not miles), stopping randomly like they're having lunch break intervals. I actually had to walk on the road to overtake them. So slow....

ReputationRep:
    i let it slide because im not a self centered **** who thinks im the only person in the world and i realise that about 90% of people put themselves first (i include myself in this, i dont think of others when im out and about)

ReputationRep:
    Slow walkers
    People who take up two seats on the bus/train because they're so personphobic
    People who sit in the four seaters on trains ON THEIR OWN

Are all complete idiots.
    But I let it slide, I mean what else can you do?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.