Turn on thread page Beta

do you get pissed off if people don't accomodate you in public? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    It's not so much about being accommodating as it is about being respectful and polite. If someone holds a door say thank you; if you sit down on a busy train don't block the seat next to you with your bag.

Way I handle people who push into others and all that jazz is saying "some people are so rude" loudly.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose slow walkers are my biggest hate. Especially those who take up the whole path side by side and walk about 0.1mph. Really annoying if you catch up to them at a point where there's a line of parked cars stopping you going on the road to get past.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elixira)

Groups of girls with linked arms who refuse to unlink are ******* annoying, too.

UGH. That really does make me crazy..especially when walking slowly and/or taking up the freaking width of the hallway.

Slow walkers really get me the most, I think. I used to get P.O.'d at people who wouldn't hold the door open, but it doesn't really happen a lot-- people are surprisingly very good with it(Yes, even in New York).

ReputationRep:
    I do my best to extend common courtesy to others, so it really irritates me when people don't extend it to me.

Slow walkers have annoyed me since school, but the people who really annoy me are those who can see I'm a little behind them (carrying books or something) and then don't hold the door for me. Ok, so they don't have to do it, but it's polite, especially if you have your hands full.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone cuts across me or makes contact they get a bit of a glare and an under the breath "**** sake" for good measure.

ReputationRep:
    People who decide it's a good idea to stop and have a group conversation in a shop doorway really annoy me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    People who sit in the four seaters on trains ON THEIR OWN
    Errr what? As opposed to bringing three friends with them? Why would this bother you?

ReputationRep:
    Bus journeys are irritating.

- People who answer their phones on a bus REALLY ******* LOUDLY: "'ELLO! Y'ALRIGHT LOVE! WHATCHA BEEN UP TO?!" I haven't got a problem with people answering their phones as long as they talk at a reasonable volume.

- Crappy music being played from a tinny sounding crappy phone, and people who wear earphones and then have it on max. volume so you can hear it anyway. They must be deaf after listening to it that loud.

- Today, I had to stand in the bus shelter whilst some scabby little 15 year old kept blowing her cigarette smoke into my face. Stupid *****. You can give yourself lung disease if you like but I don't want it.

My newest pet peeve is the morning bus. I have to get one of the busiest routes into town, with loads of schoolkids and college people on there. The only problem is that all of the schoolkids/college people like to ignore the empty seats and congregate in the wheelchair area and spilling out into the gangway, making it impossible for anybody to get past them to get a seat, and making it equally impossible for people to get off the bus from the back.

I just can't understand why they do it.

ReputationRep:
    the other night my dad and i were helping organise a buffet for an organisation my brother is involved in. we were carrying trays of food into this building, and a guy let the door shut in our faces, knowing full well where we were going, and that we were carrying lots of things.

that annoyed me.

ReputationRep:
    I just want to strangle people who have really loud, long conversations on their mobile on a train, especially when they spend forever telling someone they're on a train. :rolleyes:

I once had to suffer a train journey stuck in the space between first and second class with this girl who just would not shut up until she had detailed her entire train journey to the person on the other end of the phone, and everyone else kept looking at each other like we were all wondering who would be the first person to snap and chuck her phone out of the window.

Slow walkers that take up the width of the pavement, people that don't move out of the aisle when a bus stops, and people who let doors slam in your face are all equally irritating.

ReputationRep:
    it depends what mood i'm in. usually i let it slide but sometimes i fume in my head never out loud though

ReputationRep:
    People on packed busses who put their bag on the aisle seat so that nobody can sit there. I just want to punch them in the face tbh. Or people who don't give their seat to old people/disabled people.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not really, unless twenty people go through the door without letting me through (happens at uni sometimes).

I hate slow walkers though if I'm in a hurry, or those who walk four abreast, making anyone who wants to pass them in either direction walk on the road.

ReputationRep:
    I hate people who get off trains with luggage, and stop immediatly after they step off, so no-one can get off until they've sorted themselves out. And people who sit in tables for 4 in coffee houses when they're on there own, when you're with 4 people and can't find anywhere to sit. The worst thing is buses and the metro though, I've seen people do some mean things on there, for example, I was carrying a TV in a big bag (obvious it was a TV), a backpack and a holdall on a bus, and I got sooo many filthy looks for standing in the wheelchair area, even though with all my bags, I literally couldn't sit down. And the amount of people that tutted at me when I was trying to get off the bus was ridiculous, as well as the tutting when I DROPPED THE TV ON MY FOOT!!!

And on the metro, there was a three seat bench, and this lady got on with crutches, and asked whether people could move up so she could sit down. Not one of the three people that was sat on the bench offered their seat up for the lady. Not a single one of them was old/pregnant/or had a VISIBLE reason why they couldn't stand up for the journey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lust of a Gardener)
    Slow drivers and walkers annoy the hell out of me.

It's as if they're in a world of their own, completely unaware of other people around them.

Move quicker, people!

:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: a fellow arrested development fan

(nice sig)

ReputationRep:
    Arggh people annoy me so much.

Those people who slide through a closing door when there are clearly people behind them, and just people who don't hold open the door when there are people behind them especially when someone behind them it carrying a bunch of stuff.

Then people who walk really slowly and take up the whole pavement so you can't walk past. Why should I have to risk my life (exaggeration, but still) going on a road with cars on it just cause you hog the pavement and walk slower than a snail.

Then people on buses who put their bags on seats next to them so no one can sit next to them. Hello, I don't like randomers sitting next to me either but they need a seat more than my belongings. Ohh and when you've been standing at a bus stop for ages and as soon as the bus gets there someone appears out of nowhere and shoves you out the way to get on the bus first. And people who don't let people get off before they get on.

There's more but I need to stop before I get angry thinking about them all haa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pink Bullets)
    Errr what? As opposed to bringing three friends with them? Why would this bother you?
    Because if you turn up with 3 friends then they're taking up the space :nothing:

And seriously, you're on your own, surely its just selfish to do that if there are plenty of 1 or 2 seaters around. The 4s are pretty much designed for groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ourlastmemory)
    Because if you turn up with 3 friends then they're taking up the space :nothing:

And seriously, you're on your own, surely its just selfish to do that if there are plenty of 1 or 2 seaters around. The 4s are pretty much designed for groups.
    Er no, they're designed for whoever wants a more comfortable and spacious seating area with a table. Why should you get a better seat because you came with friends? Did you pay more? Didn't think so. It's first come, first serve, sorry.

Most trains don't have 1-seaters so your only option is to sit in a 2- or 4-seater or stand... I can hardly see how sitting in a 4-seater is 'selfish' and sitting in a 2-seater is not.

If you come with three friends and the 4-seater is full, then you can gasp find a seat that's free, just like everybody else has to do.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing frustrates me more than a god damn crawling son of a tortoise! Seriously, the amount of times I have wanted to pull out a remote and hit the fast forward button are uncountable. Even when I go out my way to try walk around them, they either stop or end up in my path again!
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I actually hate people in cars. Yesterday, I'm on my bike and this car pulls out in front of me and the ****** just STOPS. I have to brake to a halt + then re-bulid up ALL of my momentum.

I get cyclist rage :P

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.