Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

eBay Help - not recieved item and not sure what to do Watch

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this? Please move if not
    Anyway I bought some jeans from eBay about 2 weeks ago and as I hadn't received them yet, I messaged the seller to ask if they had been posted. They responded and said they hadn't posted them as the p&p was more than what I had paid, and they asked if we could 'come to some sort of an arrangement'. I'm not sure whether they're telling the truth or not as I think they may just have been expecting higher bids as the jeans were new with tags, from topshop I think, and now they are trying to back out
    tbh I don't think they're allowed to do this are they? It's their own fault for not checking how much roughly p&p would be, and they didn't even message me, waiting over a week for me to ask them what was going on.
    I know you can open cases in the Resolution Centre but I don't know if that's the best thing to do first of all, the thing is I really don't want to pay them anymore money as I'm on a really tight budget at the moment :rolleyes:, I'd be happy for them to either just send me the jeans, or offer a full refund.
    What is the best thing to do as the next step? Do I reply to their message or just open a case inthe resolution centre?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well look at how much you paid and compare it to the price they offered. All info should be easily available to you.

If they're wanting more p&p than they submitted then it is their fault.

Open a case up with ebay.

(You do get a lot of asshats on ebay that get ******* butthurt 'cos they don't like the price their items reached.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satansicecreamtruck)
    Well look at how much you paid and compare it to the price they offered. All info should be easily available to you.

If they're wanting more p&p than they submitted then it is their fault.

Open a case up with ebay.

(You do get a lot of asshats on ebay that get ******* butthurt 'cos they don't like the price their items reached.)

I paid the amount that they had asked for, surely they're not allowed to change their mind afterwards ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XDaydreamer)
    I paid the amount that they had asked for, surely they're not allowed to change their mind afterwards ?

Nope.

As soon as a bid is made and as soon as the auction is over, the buyer and seller is bounded by a legal contract.

All terms and conditions portrayed during the auction becomes definite. They MUST carry out what they said they would, which means carry on the transaction with the prices their auction stated, including p&p.

Your seller is being a cretin about it, so open a case up with ebay.

ReputationRep:
    File a dispute, skull **** them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.