Turn on thread page Beta

Help me decide - Android watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which Android phone?
    SE x10
    0%
    Motorola Milestone
    18.18%
    Google Nexus One
    81.82%
    Acer Liquid
    0%
    Other
    0%

ReputationRep:
    Hello peeps. So iv been waiting for the rush of new android phones to come out and i need help deciding which one to get...

So my options are:

- SE X10
    - Motorola Milestone
    - Google Nexus One
    - Acer Liquid

I don't mind waiting. Which phone in your opinion is the better one, in terms of hardware/software, etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G8D)
    Either get the Nexus One or wait for the HTC Bravo (Nexus One with hardware buttons and SenseUI)
    Your opinion on why the Nexus One is better than, say, the SE X10 or Milestone?

ReputationRep:
    Stay away from the SE x10, it's rubbish o.O. And I don't like the look of the Acer one.

I'd choose either the google phone or milestone tbh.

ReputationRep:
    The Nexus One is definitely better than the Milestone due to a more powerful processor and its got the newest version of Android. I don't think the X10 is any special, its got a slight UI change and two nice apps but I think it will be slower than the Nexus. Also, it's not even out yet.

If you want a physical keyboard then there's only one option obviously.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think there is much competition here. The Nexus One has the best hardware of all phones out right now, as well as the latestest Android (I don't think the others do). No point spending quite a bit of money now only to have already outdated hardware. Well not so much outdated, but the 1GHz Snapdragon processor in the Nexus One is a lot more future proof. It's really thin (the only other phone here I'd get is the Droid aka Milestone, and it's quite thick), and It's Google! HTC makes the hardware, HTC own.

ReputationRep:
    I got a G2 Touch and a Nexus 1 - and this Nexus one is omg lulz nice! Build quality/feel is amazing. The screen is so nice, I mean you have to witness it - the G2 Touch next to it looks so poor - and that is not because the Hero has a bad screen or anything, but Amoled :drool:. Everything is so fast too. I think, looking at the last 6-12 months, this is as perfect as a phone has gotten in my opinion (albeit, of course it has its negatives too :P).

God, I can't wait till stupid Adobe release flash 10.1 for N1/Milestone etc... ZZZ COME ON!

If not the nexus one, my second choice would be Milestone.

As for X10, imo SE are just fail, they are good for the low-mid ranged price brackets imo! (or at least were back in the day). The reviews on the X-10 near the end of last year, although not the finished product, seemed pretty poor - but we will see how good it is and how much support it gets. Imo, you won't get more support than on a HTC phone (xda-dev).

Milestone 2nd just because, super thin phone with keyboard and 2.0.1 android, enough said! Shame that its processor isn't up to par and ROM (256mb)..

ReputationRep:
    Oh - to add - the new OTA update that came out on the N1 - has enabled Multi-touch as well as other cool features.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.