Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

as levels are making me feel like i'm having some sort of ******* panic attack Watch

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing four as levels and i'm seriously finding them all just annoyingly hard. not HARD hard as in i can't do it, just there's too much work and i feel swamped by it all. I need to stop now and revise if I'm gonna pass, but no, I keep getting loaded with essays. ****. my psychology teacher keeps ringing my mum saying why haven't i been in lessons etc. i'm thinking, shall i drop psychology and concentrate on my other three subjects (eng lit, history, politics) cos tbh this is too much for me, i swear im going grey.

ReputationRep:
    I love Panic Attack.

One of my favourite robots <3

Oh wait, you were saying?

ReputationRep:
    a couple of all-nighters should do the trick (some energy drinks to go with it). worked for me when i was 'swamped' with coursework. (this is GCSE coursework btw :p: ) damn. i'm not looking forward to sixth form! D;

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Yeah im in the same kinda boat and doing the same subjects except pyschology. I think she should try and stick it out and speak to your teacher, if you said that you were struggling with the workload maybe she might ease of a bit esp considering your doing 4 essay based subjects. Would your school let you drop a subject? cause my friends tried to drop english lit earlier in the year and our head of year wouldn't let them. However, if your really struggling and don't see things getting any better then speak to your form tutor about the possibilty of dropping it. I had to learn pretty quickly how to manage my time way better and even still im stressed ALL THE TIME

ReputationRep:
    Haha, this is how we all felt once. It passes once July rolls by... the last day of school.

Nah but seriously, just manage your time properly and drink lots of caffeine.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait till you get to A2 =D

But seriously I found this with history last year but its better then year. I didn't drop it and I'm glad I didn't and I find it easier to cope with this year even with the work increase.

ReputationRep:
    It's only natural.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I never wrote any essays in pyschology, so I don't know why you're being made to do so many. For that subject, all you need to do is memorize the content and be able to string a decent answer together in the exam.

Ans as for the panic attacks, yes, A levels will do that to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    i'm doing four as levels and i'm seriously finding them all just annoyingly hard. not HARD hard as in i can't do it, just there's too much work and i feel swamped by it all. I need to stop now and revise if I'm gonna pass, but no, I keep getting loaded with essays. ****. my psychology teacher keeps ringing my mum saying why haven't i been in lessons etc. i'm thinking, shall i drop psychology and concentrate on my other three subjects (eng lit, history, politics) cos tbh this is too much for me, i swear im going grey.
    In the same situation. My mates are all the same too. Just work hard and come weekend, Destress. Which in one form or another, owns.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    I love Panic Attack.
    One of my favourite robots <3
    Oh wait, you were saying?
    Pshh, Panic attack was a pretentious floor board with a flipper that looks like alan carrs teeth.

Razo would flatten that thing! (or maby it already did, hard to tell really)

ReputationRep:
    I had the same issue. Dropped one and couldn't have made a better decision ^^

ReputationRep:
    Mate, wait until A2, then you'll regret every second your on TSR
    I'm off people, gunna stick my head in a book! bye

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    Pshh, Panic attack was a pretentious floor board with a flipper that looks like alan carrs teeth.

Razo would flatten that thing! (or maby it already did, hard to tell really)
    Well to be fair Panic Attack had pretty much the same design since 2nd wars so its obvious it was a bit outdated at the end.

Oh and the flipper was pretty much only a srimech - it was all about the forks :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_disraeli)
    Omg same O_O except im doing art, geo, french and photography...2 arts subjects = many many many all nighters =/ but i love those subjects so dont mind the work...but hate the deadlines xD
    i would say you should drop psychology if its not that important to you cuz then youre more likely to do better in your other 3 subjects and you'll have less work and more free time =)

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like A2.

ReputationRep:
    Just wait to A2 =D Trust me it gets worse - sounds harsh I know but hopefully you'll be able to get yourself more organised by then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by awais590)
    a couple of all-nighters should do the trick (some energy drinks to go with it). worked for me when i was 'swamped' with coursework. (this is GCSE coursework btw :p: ) damn. i'm not looking forward to sixth form! D;
    Bah! you newbies with your energy drinks. Try it without any sort of caffiene or energy drinks being implemented into your life. Then you'll start to feel the burn.

ReputationRep:
    That's nothing I did: Philosophy, Eng Lit, History, Psychology, Dutch and Critical Thinking. I got B's and C's though in that year.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm....Here's your problem, you picked all essay subjects.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dmae)
    Well to be fair Panic Attack had pretty much the same design since 2nd wars so its obvious it was a bit outdated at the end.

Oh and the flipper was pretty much only a srimech - it was all about the forks :awesome:
    I just loved the bit where matilda basicly cut it in half.
    I was screaming for blood:p:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.