Turn on thread page Beta

Going to the gym and not working legs-pointless? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When guys here talk about not working your legs making you a pussy, it's generally on the assumption that you're actually capable of working your legs without it being a health issue. If you can do effective training for the rest of your body that works around the leg problems you have, go for it. After a long time and a lot of work you might look out of proportion, but until then I think that doing what training you can around your injuries can only be a good thing.

On the subject of big chests and chicken legs, there's a dude in the gym I go to who has a seriously massive upper body but even though he does do some squats and deadlifts he always squats and deadlifts less than I do. So it was a massive fail for him yesterday deadlifting something like 110kg when I arrived when I started deadlifting and did a set at 122.5kg and a single at 145kg.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 3, 2010
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.