Gcse Choices Help!!! watch

• View Poll Results: Geography or Leisure & Tourism
    Geography
    94.87%
    Leisure and Tourism
    5.13%

ReputationRep:
    Geography, it's piss easy.
    I'd also suggest dropping the IT if you're already doing OCR Nationals and doing a language. Then again, I'm probably biased as I do both German and Spanish and love them.
    But I'm also another medic hopeful and from what I've read, languages show good contrast.

ReputationRep:
    If you can write fast and learn facts, History is quite easy to get an A/A* in.

If you can ******** really well and argue from two points of view, RE/Philosophy is interesting.

If you`re interested about the world and can learn scientific facts that AREN`T mathsy, Geography can be quite easy.

If you are quite good at languages and wouldn`t keel over under pressure of the oral exam, pick a language (one is usually compulsory anyway, so pick two)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamster33)
    i dont remember saying easy so i dont know where you are quoting from. and sure do history if you ant a history degree, but if you are on unsure and have no strong interest in a subject either way do the ones you can succeed in. basic advice many people including myself have overlooked.

I advise you ignore everything this person says.

______

Do Geography, if you want to do Medicine you are going to need academic subjects; an A in Geog will look better than 2 Distinctions ( equivalent to an A*) in Leisure and Tourism.

ReputationRep:
    Geography, travel and tourism is the dunce option not to be too mean...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachz)
    I advise you ignore everything this person says.

______

Do Geography, if you want to do Medicine you are going to need academic subjects; an A in Geog will look better than 2 Distinctions ( equivalent to an A*) in Leisure and Tourism.
    9 put of 10 people would have told the op to do geography. but my point was to do what ur best at, i think an A* in leisure and tourism is better than A in geography. yet we dont know the op's ability and interest. for medicine a string of straight A's and A*'s is better than specific subjects. the op should do the subject they are most sure of getting an A or A*.

ReputationRep:
    wow your school has weird subjects...

ReputationRep:
    do what you are good at and what you enjoy

ReputationRep:
    should i take a language? ie.. German. I don't enjoy german and its hard. i can speak english, urdu and punjabi anyway

ReputationRep:
    Lol the OPs username is proposterous!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paki4lyf786)
    should i take a language? ie.. German. I don't enjoy german and its hard. i can speak english, urdu and punjabi anyway
    i did german without being good at it, for the simple reason that i thought it impressed universities. yet i am now predicted a C in it, when i could have picked something i was good at. Languages are hard unless you are naturally good at them and interested in that particular language. considering you can speak urdu/punjabi you should see your school's exam officer and she should be able to arrange the appropriate exams and such.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, it doesn't matter what GCSE subjects you decide on as long as you get good grades. It only matters more at A Level. Pick ones you enjoy

ReputationRep:
    You really dont need to take ICT twice, if anything there'll cancel each other out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamster33)
    9 put of 10 people would have told the op to do geography. but my point was to do what ur best at, i think an A* in leisure and tourism is better than A in geography. yet we dont know the op's ability and interest. for medicine a string of straight A's and A*'s is better than specific subjects. the op should do the subject they are most sure of getting an A or A*.
    No, you are wrong. Its like saying an A in Dance is more relevant for medicine than a B in Maths.

ReputationRep:
    georgraphy and leisure and tourism cannot be compared to maths and dance, remembering maths is compulsory. please be reasonable.

ReputationRep:
    If you can already speak three languages you should just try to get the qualifications for them...

See if you can get your school to enter you for exams in your langauges without doing the lessons? My friend was bi-lingual in spanish/english, and he got entered for a Spanish exam, and did the French lessons and exams too...
    Also at my school we have a lot of foreign boarders for China etc who get a GCSE in Chinese...when its thier 1st language anyway! Easy way to get more qualifications and you dont need to revise...

Hope that helps. x

ReputationRep:
    Do Geography!

ReputationRep:
    Is a LANGUAGE? really necessary?

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.