Turn on thread page Beta

20 year old Foundation Art student who is beyond skint watch

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately I am in the exact same situation as you We seem to be a forgotten few - and there are not enough of us to make people aware of the situation in order to get any government or financial help any time soon! I understand that CSM won't even be running the foundation as it is now in 5 years time, so I doubt this will change in the future either.

Anyway I'm on foundation too at Byam Shaw, and we've just been told our course finishes at the end of May. (Remind me to start another thread on how much teaching time we lose by this!). Anyway, the fact that we are finishing up so early means I can do an extra month of paid work in over the summer holidays (and hopefully clear my debt). It's not an easy answer but there really is nothing else for us to do, short of finding a sponsor/sugar daddie <hehe>

ReputationRep:
    haha it is so annoying isn't it! like i get the fact that it is up to us whether we take a year out or not, but i had actually started an art foundation course at a college near me which was ***** so i left and applied to csm, so wasn't really my choice but a lot of people would say i could have just stuck it out. just doesn't make sense when we are so near to the age limit for the course! i'm glad someone else is in the same boat as me...well i'm not cos it's crap, but you know what i mean! maybe i should consider selling my sister lol

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.