The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Biology C100

Hi

Just quick question, I was just wondering what is the average day for biologist at imperial? How many hours of lectures a week? Im just curious as to what stuff im going to learn in the 3 years. Whats the sport like at IC, specially rugby and football? Thank you very much

V

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
im interested as well ^^
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 2
workload bearable?
Reply 3
OOhh wait biology never mind, i wanna know about astro-physics .
Reply 4
anyone?
hey! there is another thread floating around that i saw which had a schedule for biologists, not sure if i can find it again but this is what is said mroe of less:

Moring classes pretty much everyday with two 1-2 hour sessions in the morning and two days a week there is a three hour lab with tutorials put in every couple of weeks. I think it was the thread on how much free time you would get if you want to check it out...

Question though; i just checked out the ecology and evolution part of the imperial website (applied for ecology...) and what is this about it being absed out by kew gardens?? when did this happen and would i have to live there????
Reply 6
I am also intrigued ~

Currently debating whether to have Imperial or York as insurance D: Any opinions?
First year timetable is 9.00am -10am lectures, and 11am-12pm lectures daily, with afternoons for labs (2.00pm-5.00pm usually, although you might get out earlier), tutorials, private study and the afternoon off on Wednesday for sports.
Reply 8
Are there any fit girls? cause believe it or not I am straight and very erotically charged
yeh, thats not gonna help your cause at all....:lolwut:
Reply 10
April_London
yeh, thats not gonna help your cause at all....:lolwut:

Takes one to know one
Reply 11
Yeah thats right MATE, pipe down
Virgil
Takes one to know one

tht reply didnt actually make sense... english as a second language?? :confused:
Reply 13
April_London
tht reply didnt actually make sense... english as a second language?? :confused:

Firstly would you like me to explain it? It's actually not that hard to comprehend.

Secondly, you should never assume, when you assume you make an ass of you and me.

Thirdly, english is my first language another assumption you have made which is very wrong, my replies are grammatically correct whereas your replies lack the correct spelling and grammar. Rinsed, would you like a towel?

Are you a special needs sort of person, dyslexia?. It's okay, I understand, I will happily correct your posts if you wish?

Also I believe this forum does not appreciate "text messaging" so should you reply please do so in the correct way.
Reply 14
Original post by &#946
First year timetable is 9.00am -10am lectures, and 11am-12pm lectures daily, with afternoons for labs (2.00pm-5.00pm usually, although you might get out earlier), tutorials, private study and the afternoon off on Wednesday for sports.

hey just wondering how you are finding the course? i really wanna apply there next year for biology with management!

also what a levels do most people do? i have a feling i will be rejcted with only Biology, Physics and History at A level :frown: still predicted A*A*A and got 8A*3A1B at GCSE! is the maths hard cuz im considring a level maths in gap year!
Virgil
Firstly would you like me to explain it? It's actually not that hard to comprehend.

Secondly, you should never assume, when you assume you make an ass of you and me.

Thirdly, english is my first language another assumption you have made which is very wrong, my replies are grammatically correct whereas your replies lack the correct spelling and grammar. Rinsed, would you like a towel?

Are you a special needs sort of person, dyslexia?. It's okay, I understand, I will happily correct your posts if you wish?

Also I believe this forum does not appreciate "text messaging" so should you reply please do so in the correct way.

Actually yes, I am dyslexic, got a problem with it? I also have a broken keyboard on my laptop because it's pretty stone age. And how long did that take you type up, probably had to go through it for type-o's then get your mum to read it? And by "didn't make sense," I was implying that you can't say "take one to know one" in the context you were using it in. And I can't believe you are telling me that I shouldn't be using "text messaging" when you are advertising your sexual frustration on a student chat room. :wink:
trollman
hey just wondering how you are finding the course? i really wanna apply there next year for biology with management!

also what a levels do most people do? i have a feling i will be rejcted with only Biology, Physics and History at A level :frown: still predicted A*A*A and got 8A*3A1B at GCSE! is the maths hard cuz im considring a level maths in gap year!

Don't worry, Imperial is very accepting of many different A-levels, I got an offer for Biology with only Biology, Physics and English literature!

I'm sure with those subjects and those predicted grades you'll get in no problem :smile:
Reply 17
April_London
Actually yes, I am dyslexic, got a problem with it? I also have a broken keyboard on my laptop because it's pretty stone age. And how long did that take you type up, probably had to go through it for type-o's then get your mum to read it? And by "didn't make sense," I was implying that you can't say "take one to know one" in the context you were using it in. And I can't believe you are telling me that I shouldn't be using "text messaging" when you are advertising your sexual frustration on a student chat room. :wink:

Quite clearly I have not got a problem with it, since I clearly stated "It's okay, I understand", and I'm sorry to say but maybe you should reread what you post because I stated "Takes one to know one". Yeah, it's the keyboard, that's the problem.

I simply asked whether there are any "fit" girls and made a joke, something which is clearly beyond your understanding.

By the way my mum is dead. Thanks
Reply 18
April_London

How long do you want to take, keyboard playing up again?
You clearly were being sarcastic in saying "it's ok I understand," and even with a type-o "takes one to know one" still doesnt make sense when I said "I dont think its going to help your cause." The fact that I was kidding with you when I said that followed by you having to make it personal by coming back after a couple hours after saying "takes one to know one" to tell me, "Yeah thats right MATE, pipe down" was just asking for it. And my keyboard doesn't register all my keys properly, bloody mac. And being a girl who is potentially going to be in the same uni as you is a pretty good reason to be mildly worried if there were any "erotically charged" people in her class. Good tip for the ladys, lay off the pick up lines, for some reason you strike me as a person who would try em..!

Sorry if I caused any real offense :frown: Who knows, might even be able to tell you in person if we both get into the Biology at Imperial :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending