Turn on thread page Beta

One day at a time (The slimming world diet)- my blog watch

ReputationRep:
    I've decided to use this space as my own ickle blog for my diet. I'm still doing slimming world however this week, due to reasons I know about I gained half a lb, so Ive decided each day to:

a) Plan My meals, and make sure i stick to them
    b) Set myself 2 managable goals everyday

So here is my meal plan for tomorrow, I'm trying a 'new' plan this week, so here goes!

Breakfast: Quorn sausages, 2 fried eggs (in fry light), 2 bacon (In fry light) and chopped tomatoes and onions with a banana
    Snack: 1 alpen light bar and an options hot chocolate
    Lunch: Pork & Apple salad with rice with 1 alpen light bar and chopped melon
    Snack: Minimilk and muller light yogurt
    Dinner: Tuna stirfry
    Snack: Vanilla mousse and strawberries

So, if anyone that knows slimming world my day should break into:
    Hex B: 2 alpen light bars
    Hex A: Skimmed milk (in hot chocolates and many cups of tea i have lol)
    Syns: Options x 2 = 5 syns, Minimilk = 1.5 syns and Vanilla mousse = 2 syns. Total syns should be: 8.5 out of a total 15 i can have daily.
    Free food: Quorn, eggs, bacon, pork, rice, tuna
    Superfree food (should make up 1/3 of my daily intake of food, includes all veg and fruit): Onions, tomatos, apple, salad, melon, stirfry veg, strawberries

My daily goals are:

1. Measure our all my healthy extra choices (I didn't last week and have a feeling i went VERY much over the allowance!)
    2. Do atleast 30minutes of excercise within comfort zone and in the morning

Finally my overall goal for february is: 7lbs, so i'm +0.5lbs atm..need to make sure next week goes well to make up for this!

I'll update tomorrow to see how it goes! If anyone has any comments feel free, but nothing insulting about me, any constructive criticism is welcome or questions about slimming world- or any recipes too! Especially the vanilla mousse which is only 50 calories!

ReputationRep:
    im intrigued about this vanilla mousse (not that i will ever eat it just curiosity)

also call me dumb but how can you have what i would term a fried breakfast on a diet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayzy)
    im intrigued about this vanilla mousse (not that i will ever eat it just curiosity)

also call me dumb but how can you have what i would term a fried breakfast on a diet?
    its made with fry light, rather than oil- so it's low fat (as the oil in fried breakfasts are what make it greasy and rich) Fry light is only 1 calorie

And the vanilla mousse is made with an options white chocolate satchet, and quark mixed in with some sweetner, vanilla essence and chopped strawberries

ReputationRep:
    How's it going? Sounds like a lot of preparation work, I wouldn't wanna have to cook something for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whitepearlbaby)
    How's it going? Sounds like a lot of preparation work, I wouldn't wanna have to cook something for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Well Ive had a bit of a lie in today :o: I was planning to get up at 8.30! However ended up getting up at 11! However my breakfast was nice, ate it all and now feel very full and satisfied! I'm going to the gym in half an hour, am just checking emails, and ive made my pork & apple salad in a lunchbox as i'll be at uni in the afternoon. I've also packed loads of fruit to snack on aswell incase i get hungry!

However so far so good, i've measured out my milk too!! I'm a huge tea/coffee drinker and loveee milky coffees and have realised how much milk i'm having! SO measuring out how much i'm meant to have has definately made me think! I'll post my full meal plan for today later tonight!

I loveee cooking and experimenting so it's not too bad, plus the tuna stirfry tonight will take no time at all!

ReputationRep:
    Slimming World sounds... complicated. What's the advantage over just eating healthily?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepiglette)
    Slimming World sounds... complicated. What's the advantage over just eating healthily?
    Group support, bit of structure. just a different mindset to eating. It felt complicated the first 2 weeks, but now it's just second nature and helps me really look at what i'm eating whilst still enjoying it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kittykatkat)
    It's the fat in the food that makes it fatty. If we discount the quorn sausages (which are super-free-not-real-whatevers, but, for reference contain 47 calories each) there are roughly 120 calories in each slice of bacon (grilled), 65 calories in each medium sized egg (uncooked). Tomatoes are 40, onions will be about 60, a banana is about 90 and an alpen bar is what...70?

A diet with a 600+ calorie breakfast? That wasn't counting the quorn, they're free or super free or something or the 1 calorie spray (you'll need more than one pump).

I want to go on this diet!

I cut the fat off the bacon, so thats free food- with fat you have to be careful and syn it. I had 1 tomato (chopped) , and half an onion. Oh and the fry light was just 2 sprays, thats the beauty of slimming world, you just don't count calories but make different choices. In calorie terms it can seem a lot, but thats what i like about the diet, im not obsessing over calories, but just know what i 'can and can't have'. If it didn't work it wouldn't be a popular slimming group! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Subcutaneous)
    I cut the fat off the bacon, so thats free food- with fat you have to be careful and syn it. I had 1 tomato (chopped) , and half an onion. Oh and the fry light was just 2 sprays, thats the beauty of slimming world, you just don't count calories but make different choices. In calorie terms it can seem a lot, but thats what i like about the diet, im not obsessing over calories, but just know what i 'can and can't have'. If it didn't work it wouldn't be a popular slimming group! lol
    I'm not disputing that it works for you/others, but surely weight loss works on 'calorie terms'? If you're consuming more calories than you burn, you'll put on weight, regardless whether what you're eating has been labelled as a 'syn' or a 'free food' or anything else.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not disputing that it works for you/others, but surely weight loss works on 'calorie terms'? If you're consuming more calories than you burn, you'll put on weight, regardless whether what you're eating has been labelled as a 'syn' or a 'free food' or anything else.
    You shouldn't really look at calories because they say nothing about how nutritious the food is you're eating. There are good and bad calories - Some experts say that a high calorie diet but with the right nutrients can actually still contribute to weight loss. How true that is - I don't know.

ReputationRep:

Probably, but my diet isn't based on that. My consultant worked it out however, on an average slimming world day most people do eat around 1500 calories anyway as you add it all up. Also when you find your weight plateaus thats when you start to cut down your syns, so you start to effectively reduce calorie intake a bit more.

Also, all members have to keep a fit log aswell. So we are all encouraged to do activity, theres a bronze, silver, gold and platinum level, depending on your own personal levels you pick a 'level' you want to work at and you have to maintain it for 4 weeks

at the moment i'm working at a silver level, but i dont want to push myself too much, so at silver level i have to do 4 x 30minute sessions of 'moderate-intense' activity over 7 days, and also set myself 2 goals, which are things like 'take the stairs instead of the lift' or 'get off a stop before yours on the bus' every day.

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is a bit of a science geek like myself, heres a link about the research done behind the diet, science behind it: http://www.slimmingworld.com/health/Default.aspx

I'm currently doing proposing some of my dissertation on 3rd year to be behind the weight management of those who are obese, and the use of slimming world in the community, so i'm taking a bit of a professional interest in this too.

ReputationRep:
    it's so complicated for no good reason

ReputationRep:
    If anyone is a bit of a science geek like myself, heres a link about the research done behind the diet, science behind it: http://www.slimmingworld.com/health/Default.aspx
    I haven't really looked, but isn't that research going to be massively basied since its on slimming world website so they wil have sponsored it/selected which bits of research support what they are doing and ignored those which have opposing views to their scheme??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    it's so complicated for no good reason
    Certainly seems so! A bit like some 'food combining' thing some woman at work was on about t'other day. Basically, "you can't eat carbs with protein" and "I can have as many eggs as I want in a day because they're free", but "I can't have them with bread".

There must be some science behind it, but I am sure the crux of the matter is less cals = weight loss.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *tink*)
    I haven't really looked, but isn't that research going to be massively basied since its on slimming world website so they wil have sponsored it/selected which bits of research support what they are doing and ignored those which have opposing views to their scheme??

its on the slimming world website, but the publications have been published in a peer reviewed journal, such as the british journal of community nursing etc, the abstracts are on the website. Also a lot of drug companies and others do publish research which they sponser! it's not unusual and not necessarily bias

ReputationRep:
    Just eat healthy and exercise! No need for the slimming world rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Holamigo)
    Just eat healthy and exercise! No need for the slimming world rubbish!

lol it's very very very hard to eat healthily in nursing! It's not rubbish, its not a fad diet, and it is promoting healthy eating and excercise, but just as calorie counting works for some- or a gastric band may work for others, slimming world works for me. I did say I don't want any negative comments about my diet, any questions or suggestions are welcome, but not this. It's inappropiate and not fair

ReputationRep:
    lol it's very very very hard to eat healthily in nursing! It's not rubbish, its not a fad diet, and it is promoting healthy eating and excercise, but just as calorie counting works for some- or a gastric band may work for others, slimming world works for me. I did say I don't want any negative comments about my diet, any questions or suggestions are welcome, but not this. It's inappropiate and not fair
    the problem is sub

you like to go on about SW as if it's the worlds most amazing 'scientifically' grounded, 'system'

stop praising SW so much and we'll stop *****ing about it's many many flaws

ReputationRep:
    Hey OP, good luck on the SW stuff and i hope it goes well! I will def be following your progress and hopefully it will inspire me to continue with my own weight loss plan!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.