Turn on thread page Beta

OX offer watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Am i the only person to get a conditional offer from oxford that requires 4 A levels (AAAB)? They must have been undecided over me so gave me a harder offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buffy)
    Am i the only person to get a conditional offer from oxford that requires 4 A levels (AAAB)? They must have been undecided over me so gave me a harder offer.
    Congratulations you should be happy enough to receive an offer! For which subject anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah im obviously really chuffed. I got the offer for maths at brasenose, I think they must be really efficient at handing out offers, as this time last week i was still having my interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buffy)
    Yeah im obviously really chuffed. I got the offer for maths at brasenose, I think they must be really efficient at handing out offers, as this time last week i was still having my interview.
    geez I have mine on the 9th and still no reply (cambridge though)
    How did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    Interviews went pretty well, all started off talking about football, jazz, saxophone etc to calm me down then did various maths problems with tutor.

Test was hard but the average was apparently only 40% so that cheered me up.

What subject did u apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buffy)
    Interviews went pretty well, all started off talking about football, jazz, saxophone etc to calm me down then did various maths problems with tutor.

Test was hard but the average was apparently only 40% so that cheered me up.

What subject did u apply for?
    chemical engineering ... my interview went pretty well too but only one simple differentiation question (differentiate e to the power -x^2) I was nervous at that time that I went to take ln etc etc and but then he pulled me back onto the right track and I got the answer... the rest was ok if not good.... I am soooooooooo worried about that stupid question I kept slapping myself for not getting it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway congratulations

ReputationRep:
    Its annoying, but then i made stupid mistakes and they dont expect perfect answers the whole time. Good luck with the offer, I suppose having applied to cambridge u shud just (try and) forget about it till new year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Buffy)
    I also got an offer for Maths and Philosophy at Brasenose which requires me to get AAAa. Which could be seen as an offer on 4 or 3.5 a-levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikesgt2)
    I also got an offer for Maths and Philosophy at Brasenose which requires me to get AAAa. Which could be seen as an offer on 4 or 3.5 a-levels.

i have a unconditional offer for law

ReputationRep:
    Several friends have four A offers, but they usually have taken one (usually maths) early.

ReputationRep:
    My offer was either 4 A's or 3 A's (not including gen studies) plus distinction in English AEA: christ's college.

ReputationRep:
    read the signature... There's three people from my school with offers on 4 grades though, so it's not unusual.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.