This discussion is closed.
Buffy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Am i the only person to get a conditional offer from oxford that requires 4 A levels (AAAB)? They must have been undecided over me so gave me a harder offer.
akk713
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Buffy)
Am i the only person to get a conditional offer from oxford that requires 4 A levels (AAAB)? They must have been undecided over me so gave me a harder offer.
Congratulations you should be happy enough to receive an offer! For which subject anyway?
Buffy
Yeah im obviously really chuffed. I got the offer for maths at brasenose, I think they must be really efficient at handing out offers, as this time last week i was still having my interview.
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Buffy)
Yeah im obviously really chuffed. I got the offer for maths at brasenose, I think they must be really efficient at handing out offers, as this time last week i was still having my interview.
geez I have mine on the 9th and still no reply (cambridge though)
How did your interview go?
Buffy
Interviews went pretty well, all started off talking about football, jazz, saxophone etc to calm me down then did various maths problems with tutor.

Test was hard but the average was apparently only 40% so that cheered me up.

What subject did u apply for?
akk713
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Buffy)
Interviews went pretty well, all started off talking about football, jazz, saxophone etc to calm me down then did various maths problems with tutor.

Test was hard but the average was apparently only 40% so that cheered me up.

What subject did u apply for?
chemical engineering ... my interview went pretty well too but only one simple differentiation question (differentiate e to the power -x^2) I was nervous at that time that I went to take ln etc etc and but then he pulled me back onto the right track and I got the answer... the rest was ok if not good.... I am soooooooooo worried about that stupid question I kept slapping myself for not getting it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway congratulations
Buffy
Its annoying, but then i made stupid mistakes and they dont expect perfect answers the whole time. Good luck with the offer, I suppose having applied to cambridge u shud just (try and) forget about it till new year!
mikesgt2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Buffy)
I also got an offer for Maths and Philosophy at Brasenose which requires me to get AAAa. Which could be seen as an offer on 4 or 3.5 a-levels.
Sunnyt
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by mikesgt2)
I also got an offer for Maths and Philosophy at Brasenose which requires me to get AAAa. Which could be seen as an offer on 4 or 3.5 a-levels.

i have a unconditional offer for law
winorloose
Report 16 years ago
Several friends have four A offers, but they usually have taken one (usually maths) early.
Hedgie
Report 16 years ago
My offer was either 4 A's or 3 A's (not including gen studies) plus distinction in English AEA: christ's college.
[email protected]
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
read the signature... There's three people from my school with offers on 4 grades though, so it's not unusual.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (158)
45.4%
Take exams next summer (53)
15.23%
Change uni choice through clearing (82)
23.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (39)
11.21%
I'm not applying to university (16)
4.6%

Watched Threads