Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    I see pity, if not disinterest in their eyes. It annoys me.
    Is that bassed on every girl you've met... cause i highly doubt it

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the social circles you mix in, i know with some of the university organisations the frequency with which they go drinking and clubbing predisposes the casual sex to be happening a lot, however I would definitely think the free for all sex thing is overhyped.

ReputationRep:
    If you're looking for a one night stand then there'd be plenty of people to choose from in a nightclub. However, there are also a lot of people who aren't into that idea. I myself don't fancy the idea of getting with some stranger; I have trust issues. And the only guys who'd have me are the ugly 40 year olds. lol

(Original post by RachaelS)
    Is that bassed on every girl you've met... cause i highly doubt it
    Every girl my age.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by johnbergqvist)
    also i think religion has a bigger influence over there. oh and yes skins is exaggerated for plot purposes, according to Katheryn and Megan Prescott (the girls who play the twins :fyi:)
    Yeah for sure. But that is also like saying that Americans are like Gossip Girl and 90210. I rarely meet such drama queens and when I do, they are shunned to the end of the earth!

(Original post by CharlieDon'tSurf)
    You asked a question and I gave my opinion, and a pretty true to life one. Going to uni isn't going to change the way you look or you act. If you haven't got anything so far don't expect to.
    well it was a pretty unfair assumption, you dont have to be russel brand of grand master flash to be interested in uni sex life
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    You meet a lot more people = more interactions = more chance that you'll click with someone. It's the reason lots of people start relationships at university.

Then there is the drunk post-clubbing sex with a randomer/your best friend you know you won't fancy in the morning stuff. Plenty of that too if that's your thing!

ReputationRep:
    I think what we're all trying to say is that Americans are gay

ReputationRep:
    If you go looking for it, it's there. Many choose not to go for it for various reasons. The main one being they're on TSR...

ReputationRep:
    Uni is not a guaranteed sex machine, :no: Sorry.

But then I guess unis are all different, I wasn't into the whole partying scene that much, the only house parties we ever had were at my house, and they definately weren't the 'sleep with everything that moves' parties :no:

ReputationRep:
    You're asking people who spend way too much time on an internet forum, so the replies are going to be skewed in the direction of more virgins than if you just asked random students.

ReputationRep:
    Sex is easy to come by.

Sex with attractive people is less so.

Having the time for a relationship and so sex with in a relationship is hard to impossible (dependent on the university).

ReputationRep:
    Every girl my age.
    Lies. You're Black. You have top clunge falling at your feet whenever you step outside.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Can I ask, how is it that many uni students on this forum still appear to be virgins? I though sex at Uni was guarenteed? My mind for the coming year is full of mad parties and sex with a mix of beautiful and ugly girls?
    Please tell me that this is not just an exagerated skins type interpretation of Uni Life?
    It isn't like people change overnight when they enter uni. Those who go out looking for sex/romance will probably find a lot of others who are looking for the same things and hence they meet up and "do the deed". But if you never go out and make no effort to get with the opposite sex, you're no more likely to get laid than anywhere else.

Take me for example:
    21 years old, 2nd year of uni and never had a girlfriend, gone on a date, had a first kiss, held hands or of course lost my virginity.
    In university you might get guaranteed accommodation in a uni hall in your first year but nobody is going to come and just offer sex to you. You have to put in some effort of your own (which I haven't done and hence this predicament I'm in).

ReputationRep:
    Every girl my age.
    :curious:

Not all girls will do that though

ReputationRep:
    At uni there are no fit guys that i've seen worthy of my lovehole. But on a night out theres hot guys but with the stress and lack of free time my libido died. Lucky I got a boyfriend just in time!

(Original post by NoneGuy)
    Lies. You're Black. You have top clunge falling at your feet whenever you step outside.
    I wish! I'm what Tolulokpe would call a non-entity. :cry:

(Original post by RachaelS)
    :curious:

Not all girls will do that though
    Hmm. Well I've never not been in the friend zone...

(Original post by ijustlovetolearn)
    At uni there are no fit guys that i've seen worthy of my lovehole. But on a night out theres hot guys but with the stress and lack of free time my libido died. Lucky I got a boyfriend just in time!
    :lolwut:
    • PS Helper

PS Helper
    I'm a virgin at Uni. Yay for me. I don't want to have sex just yet.

ReputationRep:
    Loads of people are being a bit tight to you to be honest, if you want sex you'll find it, it's not bad to want it. But getting with fit ones will be harder. x

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.