Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Uni students still virgins?! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Can I ask, how is it that many uni students on this forum still appear to be virgins? I though sex at Uni was guarenteed? My mind for the coming year is full of mad parties and sex with a mix of beautiful and ugly girls?
    Please tell me that this is not just an exagerated skins type interpretation of Uni Life?
    Hahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha.

You are really sad, somebody with your mental age shouldn't be having sex in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Riderz)
    A good mate of mine spent a year in CA at Berkeley and I was talking to him about this. His opinion was that Americans are generally socially "behind" us with regards to age. He didnt think you got responsibility in any way, he thought your academic classes were much more spoon feeded than ours were, and combined with not drinking until 21 means that everything we did at 15 (getting pissed on lambrini, throwing up, pretending to be drunk, seeing it as cool etc) you lot did at 18/19 when you first had access to alcohol.

He thought that you lot didnt understand flirting very well, or how to deal with a guys approaches. Just seemed a bit socially backwards. Anyway, apparently the British accent went down very well and it didnt stop him having fun!!
    First off, a British accent could never be a downside and you will always have fun in the US if you're British cos we will die for you! (Even some people like scouse accents!

Yea there is almost no responsibility amongst teens and 20s cos parents are stupid and baby their kids to the extreme. Some parents literally follow their kids to university and try to share a dorm with them. It has gotten pretty bad and you just want to punch people.

Girls don't know how to deal with guys cos that is what guys like here. It is stupid, I know, just how it goes.

And again with the parents, they don't want their kids to grow up so they stay socially off and unable to fend for themselves ever. They also cannot do homework cos their parents did their homework for them in high school (college).

These are generalizations, of course, but this is just what I have noticed, growing up here with parents who pretty much let me raise myself. (My mom made my lunch once when I was ten and some people STILL get their lunch made (final year of high school/ college).
    It is ridiculous and we need to get over it. I can see a direct correlation between us losing our spot as a world parents and kids feeling so entitled to life that they don't ever get a job.

Sorry this is so long, I just get sick of Americans at times. Aka, I agree with your friend's observations.

ReputationRep:
    You can't make the observation that the majority of uni students here are virgins without bias.

Any thread along the lines of "I'm still a virgin at ___ years old. Is this normal?" is followed by a stampede of people shouting "me too, and I'm ____ years old!" and these happen like all the time. On the other hand, you do not see threads that begin "Yeah I've had sex before. If you read this thread, you are obliged to say "me too!" and come and make a big fuss over it".

Anyone agree?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by + polarity -)
    Is it? Really?
    No i was lying to try and make myself feel better about being lonely... it didnt work

(Original post by RachaelS)
    No i was lying to try and make myself feel better about being lonely... it didnt work
    :console:

:emo:

ReputationRep:
    :console:

:emo:
    I have also had a death in my family today and i slipped on ice... my life is getting better and better

I have also had a death in my family today and i slipped on ice... my life is getting better and better
    ****! I'm sorry :console:

You still have ice? :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    ****! I'm sorry :console:

You still have ice? :lolwut:
    Apologies for the major negativity

Im in aberdeen, it came back on friday:mad:

ReputationRep:
    Yea.. OP you sound like a catch..

Apologies for the major negativity

Im in aberdeen, it came back on friday:mad:
    :hugs: this time! :ahee:

:erm:

(Original post by Darkness and Mist)
    Hahahahaahahahahahaahahahahaha.

You are really sad, somebody with your mental age shouldn't be having sex in the first place.
    duuuuuude your blatantly a virgin, your also a fool.

Maybe you could get some girls if you got your flabby ugly arse of Student Room. If you arent going to answer the bloody question then why comment?

(Original post by burayo)
    Loads of people are being a bit tight to you to be honest, if you want sex you'll find it, it's not bad to want it. But getting with fit ones will be harder. x
    ha, thank you for actually replying to my question
    All i asked was a question but out of no where all these egotistical Internet nerds crawled out of threads boasting about how many times theyve had sex, when really they dont realize that 1) they make it obvious that they themselves are virgins and 2) increasing your ego by insulting an innocent question on the Internet equates to them being massively retarded.

ReputationRep:
    If you want to learn about mankind, I can help... :sexface:
    HA I can assure you I engaged in extensive fieldwork before the course started :P

ReputationRep:
    you think sex at uni is guaranteed?? and is that the only reason you're going there?

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Double Agent)
    Uni is somewhere you go to further your education. Its not skins, american pie or anything else like that. Sure sex happens, but its not the reason people go to uni, and you may as well spend your £25k or whatever in a brothel if thats what you are after.
    Exactly! funny how that message never seems to sink in. I visited Leicester yesterday and I didn't think that anyone there seemed particulary obsessed with sex and booze, I come on this site and woosh! :woo:

(Original post by ijustlovetolearn)
    HA I can assure you I engaged in extensive fieldwork before the course started :P
    So you're experienced? :sly:

ReputationRep:
    So you're experienced? :sly:
    ...Yes sir!

(Original post by ijustlovetolearn)
    ...Yes sir!
    Cool. :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I think...

(Original post by MrHappy_J)
    you think sex at uni is guaranteed?? and is that the only reason you're going there?

:rofl:
    (Original post by MrHappy_J)
    Exactly! funny how that message never seems to sink in. I visited Leicester yesterday and I didn't think that anyone there seemed particulary obsessed with sex and booze, I come on this site and woosh! :woo:
    Why do you people comment on a post when you have no intention of answering it?

Do you think people are going to be like "WOW GOOD ONE MR HAPPY J, YOU REALLY PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE"

No-one cares about your egotistical quest to show how morally superior you are, i had a question about Uni life which, as far as I can tell, seems to be what a large percentage of this site is about.

I fully understand the whole point of Uni is to study but i think if you ask most people they will tell you that the social life plays an important part also. Sex falls under this umbrella topic of social life and that is what my query is based on.

Now please kindly **** off and do something decent which your time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Why do you people comment on a post when you have no intention of answering it?

Do you think people are going to be like "WOW GOOD ONE MR HAPPY J, YOU REALLY PUT HIM IN HIS PLACE"

No-one cares about your egotistical quest to show how morally superior you are, i had a question about Uni life which, as far as I can tell, seems to be what a large percentage of this site is about.

I fully understand the whole point of Uni is to study but i think if you ask most people they will tell you that the social life plays an important part also. Sex falls under this umbrella topic of social life and that is what my query is based on.

Now please kindly **** off and do something decent which your time.

wowow, take a chill pill mate. maybe you ought to **** off and get a life, because i'm pretty sure that if you had one you wouldn't be worrying about such trivial things. :rolleyes:

Edit: your view about what uni life is like is also laughable.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.