Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it varies from Uni to Uni...

I think what you wrote is certainly exaggerated. But Uni, especially your first year, presents continous opportunities to meet new people, which means you have more chance of meeting someone you are attracted to... and freshers tend to let themselves go a bit too having just 'escaped' from living at home, so in that sense things can get a bit wild!!!

But I wouldn't say it's a continual fest of sex and parties, by any means xD

(Original post by MrHappy_J)
    wowow, take a chill pill mate. maybe you ought to **** off and get a life, because i'm pretty sure that if you had one you wouldn't be worrying about such trivial things. :rolleyes:

Edit: your view about what uni life is like is also laughable.
    oh dear, is this all you do in your free time?

please refrain from calling me your mate. Since reproduction is perhaps one of the fundamental goals for any creature of any species, I would hardly call it trivial.

please also refrain from using profanities on an internet forum. It makes you neither big nor hard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    oh dear, is this all you do in your free time?

please refrain from calling me your mate. Since reproduction is perhaps one of the fundamental goals for any creature of any species, I would hardly call it trivial.

please also refrain from using profanities on an internet forum. It makes you neither big nor hard.
    I don't think youre in a position to tell me to refrain from doing something. :rolleyes: I can say whatever I like.
    I'm sorry but you can't use the evolutionary theory to explain your stupid ideas about university and sex, and that's a fact. Do you really want to breed while you're at university? I highly doubt it.

I don't think youre in a position to tell me to refrain from doing something. :rolleyes: I can say whatever I like.
    I'm sorry but you can't use the evolutionary theory to explain your stupid ideas about university and sex, and that's a fact. Do you really want to breed while you're at university? I highly doubt it.
    haha i see, smug little nerd protected by the internet and all that

and indeed I can as it is the ideas of the evolutionary theory that provide an explanation into why we are so horny. last time I checked, people had sex not just because they wanted to produce a child but because it feels good. Evolutionary theory explains this by suggesting we have evolved to enjoy sex to encourage us to reproduce.

My stupid ideas? I still fail to see why you have decided to begin some crusade against me just because I wondered what a certain aspect of Uni social life is like.

ReputationRep:
    haha i see, smug little nerd protected by the internet and all that

and indeed I can as it is the ideas of the evolutionary theory that provide an explanation into why we are so horny. last time I checked, people had sex not just because they wanted to produce a child but because it feels good. Evolutionary theory explains this by suggesting we have evolved to enjoy sex to encourage us to reproduce.

My stupid ideas? I still fail to see why you have decided to begin some crusade against me just because I wondered what a certain aspect of Uni social life is like.
    the evulotionary theory explains why we need to have sexual intercourse. it does not, however, explain why you feel the need to get laid by every single female student at university. and as I said, if you are a normal male you will not want to have children at this crucial stage of life-hence why you can't justify everything using the evolutionary theory. It's a stupid and backward thing to say.

the evulotionary theory explains why we need to have sexual intercourse. it does not, however, explain why you feel the need to get laid by every single female student at university. and as I said, if you are a normal male you will not want to have children at this crucial stage of life-hence why you can't justify everything using the evolutionary theory. It's a stupid and backward thing to say.
    okay
    1) Bold shows where you have just unintentionally supported me
    2) Please copy and paste where I said I had the need to get laid by every female at university,
    3) But it is normal to be having a sex life at our age is it not? During the environment of evolutionary adaption, people our age were reproducing so therefore it is wired into us to need to reproduce now
    4) Before you attempt to justify your silly attempts at demeaning people on the internet, at least actually know about wtf your talking about.
    5) As backward as actively seeking out a thread inwhich to dismiss the persons question and proceed to trying, for no constructive reason, to make out he is stupid?
    6) Please find something better to do with your time

ReputationRep:
    okay
    1) Bold shows where you have just unintentionally supported me
    2) Please copy and paste where I said I had the need to get laid by every female at university,
    3) But it is normal to be having a sex life at our age is it not? During the environment of evolutionary adaption, people our age were reproducing so therefore it is wired into us to need to reproduce now
    4) Before you attempt to justify your silly attempts at demeaning people on the internet, at least actually know about wtf your talking about.
    5) As backward as actively seeking out a thread inwhich to dismiss the persons question and proceed to trying, for no constructive reason, to make out he is stupid?
    6) Please find something better to do with your time
    i think you should swallow your pride and admit that you're just horny instead of trying to justify it with your ******** theories.

to answer your original question: no, university isn't always mad parties with ugly and beautiful women. and there is nothing wrong with being a virgin at university.

i think you're the one who needs to find something better to do with their time other than trolling.

ReputationRep:
    wow, thanks to whoever gave me neg rep clealy you have no rep power anyway. and having a point of view does not make me a ******.

i think you should swallow your pride and admit that you're just horny instead of trying to justify it with your ******** theories.

to answer your original question: no, university isn't always mad parties with ugly and beautiful women. and there is nothing wrong with being a virgin at university.

i think you're the one who needs to find something better to do with their time other than trolling.
    Of course im horny? I am a teenage lad? I fail to see the wrong in that?
    I appreciate the fact that after many, many unnecessary posts you have finally answered my question.

In what way was this a troll?

ReputationRep:
    Of course im horny? I am a teenage lad? I fail to see the wrong in that?
    I appreciate the fact that after many, many unnecessary posts you have finally answered my question.

In what way was this a troll?
    you're a troll for pretending to be amazed at the fact that some uni students are virgins. :troll:

you're a troll for pretending to be amazed at the fact that some uni students are virgins. :troll:
    spare me your Internet lingo, especially when you cant even use it in the correct context. Im sorry if I in someway offended you, maybe you are a virgin? if so I did not mean any offense, I just heard that unless you barricade yourself in your room it is hard to not get any at Uni. You have told me otherwise and fair enough.

however I find your Internet crusade highly amusing, especially when you bring up trolling and the evolutionary theory to try and trip me up yet it back fires as you are entirely ignorant to what they entail.

ReputationRep:
    spare me your Internet lingo, especially when you cant even use it in the correct context. Im sorry if I in someway offended you, maybe you are a virgin? if so I did not mean any offense, I just heard that unless you barricade yourself in your room it is hard to not get any at Uni. You have told me otherwise and fair enough.

however I find your Internet crusade highly amusing, especially when you bring up trolling and the evolutionary theory to try and trip me up yet it back fires as you are entirely ignorant to what they entail.
    exactly how have I misused internet Lingo? I'm saying that you're a ******* troll, which basically means that you're a fake, posting this thread for your own amusement even when you might not actually be for real. Do you really need me to explain this?
    And for your information, I am not a virgin. As for the sentence in bold, well I just find it ridiculous that you think university is all about sex. Some people will have it, others wont, it isn't particularly easy or particularly hard.

What an idiot you are.

ReputationRep:
    back fires as you are entirely ignorant to what they entail
    It backfires yet you are the one who ends up looking like a ****? Think he achieved his goal haha
    Most people at uni won't be virgins, though there will be a resonable amount of students who are for various reasons (religion, waiting for someone "special" etcetc). If one is a virgin but dosn't want to be then it is extremely easy to break you're virginity there, i mean you could be totally socially retarded but still manage to pick up a minger of a drunk if you so desired we've all done it...

(Original post by Bolyolyoi)
    If one is a virgin but dosn't want to be then it is extremely easy to break you're virginity there, i mean you could be totally socially retarded but still manage to pick up a minger of a drunk if you so desired we've all done it...
    Easier said than done. Some of us simply lack the knowledge/skills of how to approach a woman, strike up a conversation and ultimately lead it in the "lets go back to my place" direction.

(Original post by Bolyolyoi)
    It backfires yet you are the one who ends up looking like a ****? Think he achieved his goal haha
    Most people at uni won't be virgins, though there will be a resonable amount of students who are for various reasons (religion, waiting for someone "special" etcetc). If one is a virgin but dosn't want to be then it is extremely easy to break you're virginity there, i mean you could be totally socially retarded but still manage to pick up a minger of a drunk if you so desired we've all done it...
    haha lool bad times

exactly how have I misused internet Lingo? I'm saying that you're a ******* troll, which basically means that you're a fake, posting this thread for your own amusement even when you might not actually be for real. Do you really need me to explain this?
    And for your information, I am not a virgin. As for the sentence in bold, well I just find it ridiculous that you think university is all about sex. Some people will have it, others wont, it isn't particularly easy or particularly hard.

What an idiot you are.
    Elaborate as to why you think this is a troll? I dont troll, infact I couldnt think of a more useless waste of my time bar arguing continually with yourself.

Seriously are you mentally deficient? I never stated "Uni is all about sex". Rather i was inquiring about one aspect of uni. Then you decided to get into a tiffy about it?!

Now please exactly explain why I am an idiot? or is it just a really abd attempt at provocation?

ReputationRep:
    If you have to ask if you're going to get sex at uni, you won't.

ReputationRep:
    haha lool bad times

Elaborate as to why you think this is a troll? I dont troll, infact I couldnt think of a more useless waste of my time bar arguing continually with yourself.

Seriously are you mentally deficient? I never stated "Uni is all about sex". Rather i was inquiring about one aspect of uni. Then you decided to get into a tiffy about it?!

Now please exactly explain why I am an idiot? or is it just a really abd attempt at provocation?
    you just are an idiot. "I assumed uni was going to be all mad parties with a mixture of beautiful and ugly girls", that's what you said in your original post lol. fox the fix is right, if you have to ask yourself if you're going to get any, you won't. :yep:

oh and thanks for the neg rep. :rolleyes:

you just are an idiot. "I assumed uni was going to be all mad parties with a mixture of beautiful and ugly girls", that's what you said in your original post lol. fox the fix is right, if you have to ask yourself if you're going to get any, you won't. :yep:

oh and thanks for the neg rep. :rolleyes:
    your welcome. its instead of the nice crisp punch you'd get if i actually knew you. your not explaining why I am an idiot. Maybe its because i was inquiring about a side of uni that you never or may never see as your holed away on TSR moaning at people.

Fix the fox or whatever knows nearly as much as you. Your just using what he/she said because its critical of me and provides you with more material to use against me on one of your many on line battles.

ReputationRep:
    your welcome. its instead of the nice crisp punch you'd get if i actually knew you. your not explaining why I am an idiot. Maybe its because i was inquiring about a side of uni that you never or may never see as your holed away on TSR moaning at people.

Fix the fox or whatever knows nearly as much as you. Your just using what he/she said because its critical of me and provides you with more material to use against me on one of your many on line battles.
    haha whatever you say. And I did explain why you're stupid. But you're probably too stupid to know that. :rolleyes:

and why are you anonymous? coward.

haha whatever you say. And I did explain why you're stupid. But you're probably too stupid to know that. :rolleyes:

and why are you anonymous? coward.
    with all due respect, i would not be trying to make someone else look like a pussy during an Internet argument.

My intellectual capacity is ZILCH.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 15, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.